As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Atlantica Online]: MMOTBS done perfectly.

15678911»

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow, that's some insane buffs for cash. I think I can conclude that the cash shop went from "keep your items, this is charity" to "oh god please take my money I need these items". I'm not sure they struck the right balance, but considering the first 100 levels (easily a few months worth of playtime) can be played for absolutely free, without feeling bad about missing buffs I can't really blame them for this.

Aldo on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    About 110 or so you will need a Blessing License or large + on your gear to even progress. Also the Grind becomes just Insane to level any Mercs. Take for instance the Pirate a B class Merc which takes more xp to level took me a week to get to level 100 using scrolls [Costly but fastest way to level]
    To get that same Pirate to 110 required almost a month. It just gets worse the higher you level. Want a new merc at level 115? Good luck either gonna cost you a couple hundred Million Game Currency or weeks of grinding. The PvP was rather fun [Imbalances aside] but the Grind to keep your team competitive was just Ugh.

Who-Psyd on
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I hear that. When I quit I was facing 2 choices, start spending money on the blessing licenses to give me a chance to level or seriously change up my team seeing as my line up at the time wasn't optimal for fast killing vs groups of 3 at a time, which was all I was facing. Now you might think to yourself, why didn't you group up? Well I did, but when the guildies I was grouping with could take down all 3 groups in 4 rounds without me even helping them out I began to understand that my team was shit.

I ended up quitting cause by that point the thought of leveling up a witch, exo, beast master just didn't sit right with me.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Guys guys guys I just started playing this and it's wonderful, we should make a guild again. Also, the OP is outdated, FancyLads no longer exists. Ananias in game.

WhiteShark on
  • ChuckNorrisTypeRChuckNorrisTypeR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I downloaded it but having a client crash when my char loads in, They are aware of the issue, just waiting on a fix

ChuckNorrisTypeR on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited January 2010
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    Guys guys guys I just started playing this and it's wonderful, we should make a guild again. Also, the OP is outdated, FancyLads no longer exists. Ananias in game.
    I'm gonna remove the outdated parts. If you want to add more to it please post it here or PM me and I'll edit it to the OP. I'm not going to play this game again, but I can update the OP just the same.

Aldo on
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    About 110 or so you will need a Blessing License or large + on your gear to even progress. Also the Grind becomes just Insane to level any Mercs. Take for instance the Pirate a B class Merc which takes more xp to level took me a week to get to level 100 using scrolls [Costly but fastest way to level]
    To get that same Pirate to 110 required almost a month. It just gets worse the higher you level. Want a new merc at level 115? Good luck either gonna cost you a couple hundred Million Game Currency or weeks of grinding. The PvP was rather fun [Imbalances aside] but the Grind to keep your team competitive was just Ugh.

really at higher levels it is insanely easy to level mercs, in fact i just use quest xp to level mine up to 100 and they never actualy see combat before that then add them to party and hit up the mobs with +'s, im currently working in my elementalist (pirate is 115 spartan is 116) and my ele is rocking at 101 (usually a good day of questing gets them to middle 60s from level 1 day 1, then 72 day 2, then 78 then 2-3 levels a day until 95 where it slows down and takes a day or 3 to get a level) Once they hit lvl 90 if you want to speed them along put them in party for 90 94 great place to level lowbies. (up to about 100 or so). but i always pay the outageous fees for blessince licenses tho so im not dabbling in nix and higher gear yet.

Now the currency to make the crystals for B class mercs is crazy (my pirate and my spartan i tried to do at the same time and it nearly killed me, i just jackpotted 6600 crystals for my ele (70 conqueror boxes and 50 freezing boxes) and am in a 65m workload craft to refine 4000 of them to jewels so i change the jewels into redemption soul crystals) Even crafting and jackpotting the majority of the subcombines ill spend well over 100m on miscellanous items for it.

of course im the type of addict with 10 merc rooms (all bought off market) 120 main 116 n vike, bst, ora, mnk, art spt 115 inv pir can 113 pri lk exo hwar 110 gun 107 min 106 jan 102 pun 101 ele

farbekrieg on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    farbekrieg wrote: »
    Who-Psyd wrote: »

really at higher levels it is insanely easy to level mercs, in fact i just use quest xp to level mine up to 100 and they never actualy see combat before that then add them to party and hit up the mobs with +'s, im currently working in my elementalist (pirate is 115 spartan is 116) and my ele is rocking at 101 (usually a good day of questing gets them to middle 60s from level 1 day 1, then 72 day 2, then 78 then 2-3 levels a day until 95 where it slows down and takes a day or 3 to get a level) Once they hit lvl 90 if you want to speed them along put them in party for 90 94 great place to level lowbies. (up to about 100 or so). but i always pay the outageous fees for blessince licenses tho so im not dabbling in nix and higher gear yet.

Now the currency to make the crystals for B class mercs is crazy (my pirate and my spartan i tried to do at the same time and it nearly killed me, i just jackpotted 6600 crystals for my ele (70 conqueror boxes and 50 freezing boxes) and am in a 65m workload craft to refine 4000 of them to jewels so i change the jewels into redemption soul crystals) Even crafting and jackpotting the majority of the subcombines ill spend well over 100m on miscellanous items for it.

of course im the type of addict with 10 merc rooms (all bought off market) 120 main 116 n vike, bst, ora, mnk, art spt 115 inv pir can 113 pri lk exo hwar 110 gun 107 min 106 jan 102 pun 101 ele

I just did not have the playtime for that. Before quitting I had Spartan and Pirate at 110 Ele had just hit 100 but I was into Aztec and that place is just a chore to progress even with Blessing and AoE/Scroll spam. I do not regret the amount of time I put into the game, maybe if I could have afforded using Cash shop or had the time to Grind out osme Coin I might have played longer.

Who-Psyd on
    edited January 2010
    I think the amount of time you two have spent on this game really goes to show that Atlantica has quality. You've played this game more than I have ever played a game in my life (and that's including WoW)

Aldo on