As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super[chat]

1515253545557»

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think I'm going to make my own preserved brandy cherries.

I just wish they didn't take months to make.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Seriously. Ginger Beer.

Sheep on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I've honestly given up for the most part.

Well I tend bar, so I get a bit more exposure, I guess.

edit* oh, ginger beer is a good one. My dad got that when he took me to Drink, a fancy craft-cocktail bar in Boston.

More and more places are getting ginger beer too, which is good because the dark and stormy is an awesome drink.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Just embrace it, Thom, and order a Shirley Temple.

If anyone tries to give you shit, just look them right in the eye, and sip slowly from the tiny straw.
    I don't take food advice from people who think Taco Bell is "awesome".
    I'm not saying it's fine dining or anything, but compared to other fast food in the same price range (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.), it's awesome.

No. God. I would rather have McDonald's than Taco Bell.

I would rather eat McDonald's off the restroom floor than Taco Bell.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Alright. Enough o' this shit. I will go to school this Winter and I will do it outside of Alaska!

Somehow...

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I understand being opposed to fast food and, by extension, Taco Bell.

I do not understand having a strong preference for McDonalds over Taco Bell. That breaks my brain.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

If anyone tries to give you shit, just look them right in the eye, and sip slowly from the tiny straw.
    I'm not saying it's fine dining or anything, but compared to other fast food in the same price range (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.), it's awesome.
    Whataburger and Jack in the Box kick the crap out of it. Taco Cabana beats it down, nails it to the floor and takes a dump on it's chest.
    Whataburger practically doesn't exist anymore, Jack in the Box is both more expensive and not as good, and I've never even heard of Taco Cabana; it sounds Floridian, though.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    pretty sure i'm going to buy a copy of the Machinery's Handbook soon. That thing is awesome. Wonder if I can find a used recent revision around here.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Will, what rye did you get?

Old Overholt I think

The only other one my liquor store carried was Ri, and that was like $50 per bottle.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I dislike how everything at Jack in the Box comes with gobs of mayo; if you ask them to hold the mayo there's no flavor to anything.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    kirroughtreetwister.jpg

I can jump out of a plane but I can't do this. No sir.

It's not as bad as that picture makes it look, the descent is only about five metres and it drops into a smooth transition. The actual section is called "McMoab" and it's a couple of kilometres long over an exposed granite ridge. I'm just fairly sure I'd be happier with 130mm of suspension travel at both ends of a slack angled rental bike than the 85mm at the front end of my twitchy race bike.

Consider that I've never used a bike.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010

Whataburger and Jack in the Box kick the crap out of it. Taco Cabana beats it down, nails it to the floor and takes a dump on it's chest.
    Whataburger practically doesn't exist anymore, Jack in the Box is both more expensive and not as good, and I've never even heard of Taco Cabana; it sounds Floridian, though.
    Whataburger exists everywhere that matters (Texas).

The hamburgers are still really good too.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Nah, it's Texan. We have Pollo Tropical down here.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I dislike how everything at Jack in the Box comes with gobs of mayo; if you ask them to hold the mayo there's no flavor to anything.
    When I asked them to hold the mayo they gave me a bun seemingly infused with mayo.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010

Hah. Whataburgers are everywhere in my State and Louisiana.

Best. Ketchup. Ever.

Sheep on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Today was not a fun day.

Tav on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Today was not a fun day.

Was not, has not, will not.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had never even heard of whataburger till I moved to Dallas.

Cinders on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

Nah, it's Texan. We have Pollo Tropical down here.

Wait a god damn minute. I live in Texas. I am not a Texan. There is a difference.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    If I were to pick the two fast food restaurants that I would rather starve than eat at they would be Taco Bell and Long John Silvers.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hey, Thomamelas, if you haven't been before you should really check out El Rey. It puts all other drive through mexican/cuban restaurants to shame. Hell, it puts a lot of sitdown restaurants to shame as well. Prices are comparable to Taco Cabana.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    I may not be aropund to lock it at 100 pages so I am calling it now.

Start it back up someone

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.