As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sweet dreams and [CHAT] machines, in pieces on the ground.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    I have to say, about they only thing I regret about shaving my head is missing out on the professional shampooing when you go for a cut.

DMAC on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This concept class is turning out to be the most stifling, horrible class. Christ.

Hopefully I can push myself through it, creating the most mediocre shit, without hating myself and being extremely embarrassed.

NightDragon on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hair grows back, it's not gonna kill you if you get a bad haircut, duderino. I'm actually considering shaving chunks of my head for fun, maybe doing something mohawky.

Dmac go to a haircut place and request just a shampoo do it

Kochikens on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'd agree save for the fact that I tend to be incredibly self conscious around people I don't know (i.e. everyone in my classes and the new pledges of the service group I'm in. I'd like to atleast make a nice impression on people before I show up with a hack job :lol:

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the only thing I hate about this job is that there's a body shop down the street where they're always testing dirt bikes and race cars.

Not that I mind the noise; I'm just jealous.

Metalbourne on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm a terrible person and didn't do my resolution stuff for last week. And I haven't worked on my actual resolutions at all.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just got back from preordering the big collector's box set of Bioshock 2 on 360. It's not even the in-game stuff that makes me shell out the extra cash; instead, I am drooling over that 160-page concept art book that comes in the box.

I'm a total sucker for the latest trend of special-edition hardcover player's guides and art books. Even if I don't have the game, I'll still get it if there's conceptual artwork hoarding to be had.

PeterAndCompany on
    edited January 2010
    You get an art book with it? I don't even have a working game system and now I'm compelled to pre-order that. How much money do I have to throw at the cashier?

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Just got back from preordering the big collector's box set of Bioshock 2 on 360.

Oh crap, it comes with an art book? I am so preordering this now.

also pierce: usually you get the art book when you buy the game. It's to cut down on people putting in their five dollar preorder and then cancelling it once they get what they want.

Although you can get a lot of free stuff by getting friendly with the gamestop guys. I got the Legendary art book when I asked about the Dead Space art book (which is where I found out that they usually give out the art book when you've bought the game)

Metalbourne on
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of artbooks, my final one just came in the mail!

Dreamworks knows how to make a freakin' artbook, holy crap. They're excellent.

NightDragon on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Which one? I got the kung fu panda one.

Sony does not know how to make an artbook. The open season one was full of crap that ripped and fell out.

Metalborne: Do they sound like they're jumping over 5 CARS?

PROX on
    edited January 2010
    It's like $100 for the whole freakin' thing, but really the game itself is $60 so for an art book and other stuff it's pretty worth it to me. I was told that the hardcover player's guide may come bundled with the art book as well, and that'll only be like $35 at most.

So far I have hardcover guides/art books for the last three Zeldas, Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Soul Calibur 4, Batman Arkham Asylum, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil... damn, I have bought a lot.

I'm still pissed I missed out on the Dead Space art book when it was making its rounds. I keep meaning to check eBay for a copy of it but just haven't got around to it yet.

Edit: Details on the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition, a little ways down the page. 164-page hardcover artbook. Booyah. Oh crap, I also forgot that it comes with a vinyl LP of the Bioshock 2 soundtrack. That's another reason to get it.

PeterAndCompany on
    edited January 2010
    It's like $100 for the whole freakin' thing, but really the game itself is $60 so for an art book and other stuff it's pretty worth it to me. I was told that the hardcover player's guide may come bundled with the art book as well, and that'll only be like $35 at most.

So far I have hardcover guides/art books for the last three Zeldas, Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Soul Calibur 4, Batman Arkham Asylum, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil... damn, I have bought a lot.

I'm still pissed I missed out on the Dead Space art book when it was making its rounds. I keep meaning to check eBay for a copy of it but just haven't got around to it yet.

Edit: Details on the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition, a little ways down the page. 164-page hardcover artbook. Booyah. Oh crap, I also forgot that it comes with a vinyl LP of the Bioshock 2 soundtrack. That's another reason to get it.

how are those hardcover zelda guides? They look super nice.

PROX on
    edited January 2010
    They are super nice. They have gold leaf pages and come with a pretty snazzy cloth map of the overworld for each game, with other cool bits like leather bookmarks and whatnot. The Phantom Hourglass one even includes the opening cinematic of the game as a printed mini-comic.

PeterAndCompany on
    edited January 2010
    Amazon has some used Deadspace art books.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    They are super nice. They have gold leaf pages and come with a pretty snazzy cloth map of the overworld for each game, with other cool bits like leather bookmarks and whatnot. The Phantom Hourglass one even includes the opening cinematic of the game as a printed mini-comic.

Wooow....hnnn i dont want to rack up my credit card again..

PROX on
    edited January 2010
    Here's what it looks like on the back wall of my living room right now:
    bookshelf.jpg

Pretty much includes about three shelves of art books, reference materials and graphic novels, a samurai sword, a batarang, bookshelf-edition board games, and other such stuff.

There's also an Ezio statue and various other bits of game/film memorabilia/weaponry scattered around the place.

PeterAndCompany on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The only artbook I own I got with the collectors edition of Spore. Such a disappointing game...

On the plus side I won an artbook for Darksiders a little while ago so that's pretty cool.

EDIT: I lie, I've just remembered I also have a copy of Kidography which I got extremely cheaply a while back.

Flay on
    edited January 2010
    I want a Final Fantasy 12 artbook

Metalbourne on
    edited January 2010
    Flay wrote: »
    On the plus side I won an artbook for Darksiders a little while ago so that's pretty cool.

Dammit man, I've been looking for that one.

PeterAndCompany on
    edited January 2010
    PROX wrote: »

Which one? I got the kung fu panda one.

I got that one, and Shrek (which covers all three films). They're really excellent. I also got Monster House from Sony, which seems to be laid out (with little extra hangy-things) similarly to Shrek....but the Shrek one seems better, overall. I think it has more material in it.

NightDragon on
    edited January 2010

Ditto

Shit, is there one? I need that Gabranth figure

Kochikens on
    edited January 2010

I wonder if they made one. That game looked extensive in it's development.

ND: Cool haul! I only have the kungfu panda one from dreamworks, the rest are the world of warcraft book and pixar stuff. I got the Guild Wars 2 book right here too.

PROX on
    edited January 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »

Ditto

Honestly? I don't know.

I've almost bought the strategy guide a couple times just to get some art out of that, though.

Hell, I bought the Disgaea strategy guide just for the art.

Metalbourne on
    edited January 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »

Ditto

Honestly? I don't know.

I've almost bought the strategy guide a couple times just to get some art out of that, though.

Hell, I bought the Disgaea strategy guide just for the art.

Google didnt turn up an official book. Though seems like the ultimecia guide has some stuff in it.

PROX on
    edited January 2010
    what the hell is an ultimecia guide?

Metalbourne on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Flay wrote: »

Dammit man, I've been looking for that one.

Haven't gotten it yet, so I can't say if it's any good.

Also, happy Australia day everyone! The one day of the year when drunkenness and rampant nationalism is compulsory and not just expected.

Flay on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey, PROX since you're a flash gaming guru, can you recommend some useful web sites or books to maek some learnings happen?

no_toast on
    edited January 2010
    no_toast wrote: »
    Hey, PROX since you're a flash gaming guru, can you recommend some useful web sites or books to maek some learnings happen?

Kirupa.com has some good guides. lots of tuts on newgrounds as well.

Metal: Ultimania guide. The japanese strategy guide.

PROX on
    edited January 2010

I suppose it could work if all I want it for is the pictures.

But all those pictures of houses and stickmen are going to eventualy irritate me.

Metalbourne on
    edited January 2010

I suppose it could work if all I want it for is the pictures.

But all those pictures of houses and stickmen are going to eventualy irritate me.

Quality graphics.

PROX on
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanks PROX!

no_toast on
    edited January 2010
    no_toast wrote: »
    Thanks PROX!

aint no thang

PROX on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh mannn I bought these new earsets for my ipod since the old one broke, and it came with the sweetest little pouch thing that was meant for the ear phones, but now i'm going to use it as a super duper awesome eraser carrier so I can keep my eraser seperate from my pencils

Loomdun on
    splat
  • L.E.O.L.E.O. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    whats a good anime movie with lots of blood and demons and shit?

(except for ninja scroll.)

L.E.O. on
  • IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I have this! A friend broke up with a chick with a huge Final Fantasy artbook collection. And gave me all her shit. So it exists. Also Kusanagi artbooks often put the backgrounds they did for the Final Fantasy series in their background compilation artbooks.

Oh man I love the Kungfu Panda artbook so many great characters not used like Elephant Ninjas.

Edit: L.E.O.: Blood, Vampire Hunter D, idk there are a lot of grimdark animus. I recently got done with Jin-Roh, Escaflowne the Movie, Noein, Last Exile and still watching Wakfu subs in the last two months.

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
    edited January 2010
    L.E.O. wrote: »
    whats a good anime movie with lots of blood and demons and shit?

(except for ninja scroll.)

Just watch the Hellsing series.

Oh Vampire Hunter D.

IKAGE: Ohmansohmans

PROX on
    edited January 2010
    Ikage wrote: »

I have this! A friend broke up with a chick with a huge Final Fantasy artbook collection. And gave me all her shit. So it exists. Also Kusanagi artbooks often put the backgrounds they did for the Final Fantasy series in their background compilation artbooks.

Oh man I love the Kungfu Panda artbook so many great characters not used like Elephant Ninjas.

Edit: L.E.O.: Blood, Vampire Hunter D, idk there are a lot of grimdark animus. I recently got done with Jin-Roh, Escaflowne the Movie, Noein, Last Exile and still watching Wakfu subs in the last two months.

what really, pics or it didnt happen
    whats it called?

Kochikens on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Did you also then make out with the chick after taking the final fantasy artbook and then her ex, or did you only take the books

Loomdun on
    splat
  • IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Loomdun wrote: »
    Did you also then make out with the chick after taking the final fantasy artbook and then her ex, or did you only take the books

All. Actually he just gave them too me since I'm a huge artbook collector I have like 50+ books not counting my artlearning books. So people just keep giving whatever they can to me because I appreciate them and have paid up to close to 100 dollars for one book. But it was a James Jean Process Recess 2 at the time. There like what 200-300 now?

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
This discussion has been closed.