As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IF YOU POST SPOILERS SHEPARD WILL WREX YOU

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    i wonder if you make a custom face dude
    if you can still keep all the reconstruction scars and red robot eyes

Knob on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    actually I have a question
    it seems the game revolves around making your team loyal to you. what I wonder is, wouldn't Garrus and Tali already be pretty loyal, considering the shit that goes down in the first game? especially if you did their little sidequests. it makes me wonder if there's going to be some trepidation there due to shepard working for cerberus
    This seems to be the reason I would deem most likely

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited January 2010
    keep in mind it is possible to play through the first game without learning a damn thing about cerberus

Knob on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Knob wrote: »
    keep in mind it is possible to play through the first game without learning a damn thing about cerberus

i wonder what will happen then

that could be interesting

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm actually kind of bummed they have so much DLC like that. I mean extra stuff is cool but that seemed like a lot of extra stuff.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited January 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    I'm actually kind of bummed they have so much DLC like that. I mean extra stuff is cool but that seemed like a lot of extra stuff.

yeah for reals

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm sure I'm going to get most of the DLC for this.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
    edited January 2010
    It is just a mentality thing I guess. Need to switch over from the old idea of getting everything that the game has to offer until somebody makes more.

It just kind of feels like the old conversation that they are not putting a ton of stuff in the game so they can sell it back to you later.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It is just a mentality thing I guess. Need to switch over from the old idea of getting everything that the game has to offer until somebody makes more.

It just kind of feels like the old conversation that they are not putting a ton of stuff in the game so they can sell it back to you later.

Art, you know I love you, man.

But don't make me punch you.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited January 2010
    is it here yet

no i guess not

thursday is a good day for it to come anyway, i have school to do between today and thursday

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited January 2010
    vsove wrote: »

Art, you know I love you, man.

But don't make me punch you.

I'm not complaining! I worded it badly. I meant to say that that would be a way of looking at it that is not right, but that is what it kind of felt like?

I loved the Dragon's Age DLC :(

Artreus on
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i dont know if anyone wants this but i know i was curious about it, so here it is a website that has mass effect 1 saves. i found one or two that i would use.

http://www.annakie.com/me/

i believe someone said we can redo our faces? so im not too concerned about that.

guess now im back to getting it on the pc!

Aretè on
    edited January 2010
    even if you import a save, you can edit any part of it including changing decicions, faces, party members

i think the only thing completely locked in is your gender

so a save repository is stupid

Knob on
    edited January 2010
    i cant believe i fell behind on schoolwork because of my anticipation for ME2, reading and posting in this thread and reading things and checking my shipping status

imagine what the game will do
    i was supposed to use this time to get ahead

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    even if you import a save, you can edit any part of it including changing decicions, faces, party members

I don't think you can change what sidequests you did and how you did them, though

but a save repository is stupid

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited January 2010

I don't think you can change what sidequests you did and how you did them, though

anything you can't change won't impact the game is what i heard

Knob on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

anything you can't change won't impact the game is what i heard

well I know for a fact that Ms. Al-Jilani is in the game and I don't think there's a punched/didn't punch option

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited January 2010
    WE'LL SEE WON'T WE

'Did you sock that mouthy reporter right in her stupid nosy face? Y/N'

Knob on
    edited January 2010
    if yes, would you like to do so again?

YYYYYYY

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey Vsove give me free content and only free content

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited January 2010
    as long as you don't pay for any of the paid content, all you will get is free content

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, if you can change stuff this play through is kind of pointless. other then to import a slightly higher level character, which seems pointless.

Melding on
    edited January 2010
    don't you start at level 5 or something if you shove in a level 60 dude

Also if you have a dude with the "Rich" achievement I heard that's invaluable

Zen Vulgarity on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i already have rich and a number of other achievements, i was just doing this play though so i knew what i did.

Melding on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Poor lokiamis, the lonely Engineer. :(

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2010
    woo asari ally :)

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2010
    I'll play Engineer first so Loki isn't lonely

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited January 2010
    You can't change stuff. There are two (I believe) -major- ME1 decisions that you can alter in ME2, but pretty much everything else is locked in.

Everything else has a 'default' that you end up with if you start a new, unimported character.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Bogey wrote: »
    Poor lokiamis, the lonely Engineer. :(

I too will play an Engineer first!

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited January 2010
    Vsove does the strategy guide list out those decisions anywhere

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited January 2010

I don't know, I haven't seen the strategy guide.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You can't change stuff. There are two (I believe) -major- ME1 decisions that you can alter in ME2, but pretty much everything else is locked in.

Everything else has a 'default' that you end up with if you start a new, unimported character.

are you guys ever planning to change this because that is annoying as fuck man

Pony on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Speaking about the default plot decisions of ME1...
    ...how did 'killed Wrex' pass as one?

Owenashi on
    edited January 2010

I don't know, I haven't seen the strategy guide.

Do you have a list of those decisions

Zen Vulgarity on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Owenashi wrote: »

because you need to sink a hell of a lot of points into charisma to pull it off

Kusuguttai on
    edited January 2010

The assumption for all the default choices, as far as I'm aware, was 'path of least resistance' and 'mixed paragon renegade'. I didn't actually work on any of that, though, so I could be wrong. But I'm fairly certain that's about accurate.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kusuguttai wrote: »

or
    you just do his sidequest which requires nothing more than talking to wrex after two big missions and then killing a building full of dudes

then you don't need to spend a single point in charm or intimidate because you've won his heart

Pony on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Kusuguttai wrote: »

or
    you just do his sidequest which requires nothing more than talking to wrex after two big missions and then killing a building full of dudes

then you don't need to spend a single point in charm or intimidate because you've won his heart
    I know Wrex has won the hearts of players, that's for sure.

Owenashi on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I was dashing out the door whilst my roommate was doing his Canon Run and I noticed that on this first playthrough with the character he was about to drop 100 omni-gel to skip the Tower of Hanoi

D:

An old hand at the puzzle, I calmly shrieked for him to stop and collectedly guided him step-by-step through the puzzle, thus saving him repair grist for Bring Down the Sky.

Tower of Hanoi: Skills for Friendship, Skills for Life

Thanks, Bioware!

Seriously on
    edited January 2010
    Pony wrote: »

are you guys ever planning to change this because that is annoying as fuck man

I don't know! Maybe!

The idea behind it was that someone who hasn't played ME1 shouldn't be presented with a laundry list of decisions that are completely lacking in context right off the bat.

Why should they care if they killed some alien they've never heard of?

Obviously it's not ideal for people who've switched platforms between the two games, but we did make it clear when ME1 was still fairly new that 'hey you should keep your save files JUST SAYING'.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
This discussion has been closed.