As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Hopes, and Happy Holidays

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    What I hate is how their idea of "making healing more challenging" always seems to mean "we're going to make you go OOM, have fun." That's not really a challenge, it's just annoying.
    Mana management should be a challenge, I'd much rather healing was balanced around having to manage your mana and try not to overheal too much rather than just "oh you missed a GCD and your dude just died."

I liked classic WoW's mechanics. The difficulty was managing mana as a healer, managing aggro as dps, and maintaining threat as a warrior.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hope: We get through the 2 new bosses tonight (missed last week's attempts at them >.<)

Hope/Hate: Drop a fucking trinket you whore of a raid instance

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What I hate is how their idea of "making healing more challenging" always seems to mean "we're going to make you go OOM, have fun." That's not really a challenge, it's just annoying.
    Mana management should be a challenge, I'd much rather healing was balanced around having to manage your mana and try not to overheal too much rather than just "oh you missed a GCD and your dude just died."

I liked classic WoW's mechanics. The difficulty was managing mana as a healer, managing aggro as dps, and maintaining threat as a warrior.

I liked BC's mechanics. CoH-CoH-lol your way to healing meter victory.

exis on
    edited January 2010
    TBC was fairly similar as a healer, except that as a paladin I did more than spam flash of light, which was cool.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    For druids, Vanilla was "Rank 4 HT, don't HoT unless you have the most +heal" and TBC was "Keep Lifebloom up on every tank!" We're in a much better place now.

Opty on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Classic priest mechanics were for the most part fun. Healing (overall) is in a much better spot now but I can't really seem to get myself excited to have any part in it anymore.

Dehumanized on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cool, instance server down on our realm until further notice. 2 weeks without finishing (or starting) our 10 man is excellent as fuck.

Bikkstah on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Woot: New Frost emblem gloves mean I'm finally past 32k mana unbuffed and shot up to 34% crit.

Hmm: Just realized I'm running out of Frost upgrades. There's the belt, T10 (some of which isn't an upgrade over what I have unless I win 25-man tokens), and then Primordial Saronite.

SabreMau on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Would be a 'Hate' but I'm too flabbergasted to be angry: Two of the three DPS in Forge of Souls tonight, Paladin and Hunter, were both under 1k DPS. Way under. Like, the hunter hit around 700. Both of them were largely decked out in 232-245 gear with a smattering of 200s. I tried to wrap my mind around it, then I started to smell almonds and blacked out.

Happy: From the same instance, the hilt finally dropped. First time seeing it drop in well over 50 runs across all of my characters in the ICC 5s.

Hate-ish: Deciding which of my 80s would benefit from it the most.

Halfmex on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Got my authenticator in the mail.

Sad: Logged into my account for the first time since the hijacking and confirmed that they raped my bank, bags, gold...everything. I wasn't sure if I'd quit if I didn't get everything back but now I'm 100% sure that I will if I don't.

Opty on
  • QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: My mobile authenticator currently either refuses to sync, or syncs back to the same number at the same time. I can't log in.

QuantumQuark on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

Managing aggro as DPS was a game of guesswork , not challenge.

It was no more difficult than trying to play the game of "stay at 125% threat of the tank but not go over 130.

Dhalphir on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Neat: Doing H-HoR on my dps dk. First tank quits immediately on zoning in, next tank goes afk as soon as we start the LK event. We wipe but manage to do two waves with me just in frost form and dps gear/spec. So we sit in the queue for a while waiting for a new tank and I toss out that I have some mediocre tank gear if we want to try it. Nobody wants to wait so I rerune and throw on my tank spec/gear. End up with 36k health w/motw+kings. We finish with no problem.

Not a bad way to kick off my hasn't-tanked-anything-for-real-ever experiment.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited January 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Managing aggro as DPS was a game of guesswork , not challenge.

It was no more difficult than trying to play the game of "stay at 125% threat of the tank but not go over 130.

Its more of a challenge than having the threat mechanic not really do anything.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So what's the going AH rate on Primordial Saronite these days?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Depends on the server, I'd imagine.

About 2k on mine.

reVerse on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I que my warrior and get HoR normal
    I see the first two bosses are dead sigh no vain chance at the sheild for the next few hours
    Most of the party is dead so I wait till they come back
    The druid and ret paladin take thier time a priest is in org for some reason

So the Druid says start the pull
    THe paladin was pulling threat in the gauntlet so after a few times I just let him have the mob to enjoy
    The hunter was just a bad
    Still the priest is in ORG

At the end the priest jumps in just as the air ship comes up for the loot

This was the worst pug I have seen in years

Brainleech on
  • NijaNija Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Beezel wrote: »
    So what's the going AH rate on Primordial Saronite these days?
    They are going for 2k on Uther Horde-side.

Nija on
    Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Buyers advertise 2k on my server, while sellers advertise 2,5k. So the price is probably somewhere in between.

Grobian on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy:
    The ret paladin in SM tanked it because the tank was retarded. Then we vote kicked. It was great.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Priest finally got a decent cloak out of the bag (4 int/4 stam/4 spell power), and a decent neck (5 int/5 spi/3 stam)

Hate: I don't think blizzard thought it out with some of the dungeons and the LFD system. Wiping in stockades as Alliance because the two other rooms near the fear boss weren't cleared? A run from right outside Stormwind. The same as Horde? Yeah, you're running from the logging camp.

Happy: I'm at about 60 quests to go for Loremaster of Kalimdor on my pally.

Hate: A decent chunk involve Maraudon or Desolace, and after discovering that I could do the other Centaur faction's quests to fill up some of the requirement I discovered that I needed to kill about 450 centaur to get back to the point where I can do those. Oh well, got 150 of them down last night, I figure another 150 down Thursday :(

Nobody on
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    HATE: Ranged DPS who think they are Superman and DO NOT MOVE WHEN THE SAURFANG'S BLOOD BEAST IS ABOUT TO EAT THEM. Nevermind there are 2-3 other ranged dps killing the same beast. It's ok if you run away a second or two a-hole. Or you can get killed and when 3-4 of you do this crap every attempt it causes a wipe.

Bigity on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Moar like sourfang.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited January 2010
    lol i no rite

Bigity on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Woot: So log on last night with the BF to do our run of frost dailies. First up, my pally tank and his healer. What do the dice give me? H.HoR... the place i dred. I wanted to bail but my BF convinced me to stay and see how the first set of waves go. I was so proud of myself! I tanked and lived and so did everyone else! Even got the achievement! It makes a world of difference when DPS listen and respect my wishes (please stay LOS, please stay behind me etc) and also having an uber healy BF!<3

But I still hate that place

olo: After my run de badges was done, I settled in to play DAO on the xbox. Get a text to come help out 25 man raid since people were falling off the net, so log in for some Algalon fun. I am sooo happy guild repairs was on for this!

The lag was so bad that no one was able to take black holes and it took about 1 or 2 mins for the big bang to "register" as well as the cosmic smashes. It was just funny for everyone to be invincible for about 3 mins of fight before the server would go "oh hey your dead ah ha!". Plus we also found out a vent discussion offended someone badly they just left the raid and logged out without a word, you think you build some sort of tolerance after so many years with this group :P yes it can get bad... oh well, all around good times hehe

I <3 my guild

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: ICC10 done in short order
    Hate: Again, all mail, plate drops.
    Happy: Can snag a third piece of t10 tonight with our normal shabby first four bosses.
    Hate: People putting their fingers in their ears and going

lalalalalaimnotlisteningmydpsdoesnotsuck4kisgoodritelolthefesterguttanksget90%bonusdpsotherwise...

Coincidently these are the people not invited to any successful 10 man runs ever.

Happy: Will happily suck cock for any rogue leather/accessory pieces dropping ever.

Oh the plate healing gear thats implanted on every boss dropped again, well hells ya? No

Thomase1984 on
    edited January 2010
    Another hate

I que on my tank/healer paladin and get AN
    on the pull before the boss the warlock decides he can open up with everything he has before I can get argo

I ask him to wait till I get argo

He says something about I don't have the right FR buff? I was using sanctuary

I told him to knock it off or I would leave

He continues to bitch so I leave enjoy your que again

Brainleech on
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Are you sure he wasn't referring to the RF?

That is Righteous Fury, your aggro builder.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
    edited January 2010

no he said RF
    I had it up he questioned why I did not have kings {I was the only paladin in the run} and I was using devo aura

A very odd thing was I reque'd and got 3 other people from Windrunner yes 4 of the 5 in the party were from the horde of Windrunner :P

Brainleech on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Why do tanks that leave a group think/say things like, "Enjoy your queue!". It's like, ok yes I'll enjoy my minute or two wait since my group is now at the top of the list.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Swapping specs killing my Righteous Fury / Frost Presence / Whatever drives me up the wall.

At least I'm finally getting better about putting Vigilence on someone at the start of a run, though I'll only end up shifting it if that person proves to be a giant pile of fail.

However, unless they're doing absolute shitloads more damage than anyone else, I usually give preference to ranged classes, particularly Warlocks. Hunters almost never get it. Learn to feign and/or misdirect, you silly geese.
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Why do tanks that leave a group think/say things like, "Enjoy your queue!". It's like, ok yes I'll enjoy my minute or two wait since my group is now at the top of the list.

While it's a douchy thing to say, I've experienced upwards of 5-10 minute queues, and that assumes that the loss of the tank doesn't cause the entire group to fall apart, leading to another potential 5-25 minute queue if DPS. Instant tanks are nice, but they're rarely the case in my experiences levelling thus far. Tank drops from heroics haven't been frequent enough for me to notice.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Heroic groups have it much better then leveling groups.

Seg on
    edited January 2010

Because in my experence as a dps when the tank leaves it's then the healer or one of the dps and it falls apart from there

Brainleech on
    edited January 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »

no he said RF
    I had it up he questioned why I did not have kings {I was the only paladin in the run} and I was using devo aura

A very odd thing was I reque'd and got 3 other people from Windrunner yes 4 of the 5 in the party were from the horde of Windrunner :P

Wow that's a solid 10 percent of the entire active Horde playerbase there.

Bigity on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I guess I hadn't considered groups while still leveling. I could see that being an issue. But I never run anything till I'm level capped anyways because I'm used to not finding groups. And haven't leveled anything new since the LFD tool.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hope: My ambitious project comes to fruition. Since Festergut-25 is a pretty good DPS check (some small luck factors, but nothing that would absolutely cripple someone's performance), I'm trawling through World of Logs digging out Festergut-25 kills that run close to the enrage and have a group member of a given class/spec with a be.imba score between 625-675 (so roughly the same gear level as our guildies) and about 7k dps. Posting this on our guild forum with a comment along the lines "Figure out what they're doing that you're not, and fix it". I am trying to do this for every DPS class/spec combination.

Haylp: If you've got a WoL that shows what some of those classes should be able to do in that rough gear level, I'd love to see it.

Hate: The fact that we need it.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qltkfgcazf6ram15/sum/damageDone/?s=4942&e=5236

WTB competent warlocks. Among other things, but yeah. For the record, I am Matthias. Technically I would have been able to hold threat against one of the warlocks *without any tanking threat bonusses*. I know the tank buff helps our overall DPS, but come *on*.

Hmm: The paladin nearby was the other tank. He went first, so took two loads of the full DPS buff over the fight. I wonder why I ended up with more DPS.

Guilty: I'm a tank. I shouldn't be caring about DPS. But I *know* I can break 5000.

mattclem on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: The prices on the Tier 10 gear. That'd take me like six months of just my 2 emblems/day and the occasional week I can find a pug for the weekly. Tier9 looks like my plateau.

Samphis on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    Swapping specs killing my Righteous Fury / Frost Presence / Whatever drives me up the wall.

what I hate is that it removes everything but my seal. i normally look at my judgment icon to remind myself if my seal is active, so the other night I was dpsing with wisdom, for a fight and losing out on about 1200 dps.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    Hate: The prices on the Tier 10 gear. That'd take me like six months of just my 2 emblems/day and the occasional week I can find a pug for the weekly. Tier9 looks like my plateau.

I figured that out in that first week they were offered
    I am missing 22 tokens from missed weeklys and daily runs other wise I would have nearly 3 pieces of that sweet gear

Brainleech on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Why the fuck did they have to put both the only decent pre-raid tank cloak and the only decent pre-raid str dps cloak in regular HoR? That is some shit. Even if I queue as a tank for it there's rarely a healer in line to ever do it, and the few times I have run it I've seen neither drop.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
This discussion has been closed.