As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

looking for a new WIRED keyboard

124»

• Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy a Microsoft Arc Keyboard in Europe? Because I remember that it was going to be a Best Buy exclusive. :(

Pretty pictures:

microsoft_arc_keyboard_news.jpg

Impersonator on
  • Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    I just bought a convertor for my 3 Model M's.

The classics are nicer than the unicomps, honestly

Althought the web doens't say so, the rep confirmed compaatbility with Windows 7. Ordered.

Thanks a ton for the help on this. My wife hates that old, dirty Model M, but I'm thrilled to keep it.

LaPuzza on
  • Options
    Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh man if that thing had a numeric keypad (and maybe normal arrow keys, but who knows, maybe those are awesome) I would be all over that.

Michael H on
  • Options
    spazmojackspazmojack Hangin on the corner of 52nd and BroadwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Michael H wrote: »
    Michael H wrote: »
    I really like the looks of this one. Thin, backlighting, not too much clutter. The normal price at Newegg is pretty high, but Google Shopping usually has open box or refurbs for ~$40. I might pick one up for my PC build.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126043

Just found one on Craigslist for cheap and snapped it up today. (I never see these on CL.)

Great keyboard! Good feel, classy look, and no extraneous stupid keys beyond a normal keyboard. The only four "extra keys" are volume up, down, mute, and a button for the backlighting. I was never a fan of keyboards with buttons up and down the sides for launching this and that and multimedia playback. Never used them, myself.

The backlighting looks great, despite my crappy picture.
    PICT1494.jpg
    PICT1492.jpg

i've been using this keyboard for about a year now and still happy to report that it's awesome. i've really grown used to the backlighting and the ease of typing. definitely recommended, especially if you can grab it for a good price.

spazmojack on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy a Microsoft Arc Keyboard in Europe? Because I remember that it was going to be a Best Buy exclusive. :(

Pretty pictures:

microsoft_arc_keyboard_news.jpg

Check Dell's site? They seem to be selling them in the UK/some areas of Europe.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    The NotThe Not Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Another vote for the Eclipse. Using it for a couple years, love the backlight, just love it.

The Not on
  • Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just an update, that USB "Adapter" (really a converter) from clickykeyboards worked with a little fussing to get my Model M working as a USB keyboard. Works in BIOS and everything else. Two tips:

1) when you first plug it in, do NOT use an extension cable. It doesn't read the device as a keyboard if you do that.

2) After it is recognized, please, for the love of God, use a usb extension cable. The thing blocked all 4 of my USB ports when plugged in directly.

Thanks to whoever suggested it - I'm making horrible noise typing again.

LaPuzza on
  • Options
    contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just bought a full-sized Apple wired keyboard yesterday. It's awesome. Definitely the best keyboard I've ever used.

and you guys are nuts with the broad flat keys and the spaces around them these buttons are big as hell

contraband on
    sigxw0.jpg
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    contraband wrote: »
    I just bought a full-sized Apple wired keyboard yesterday. It's awesome. Definitely the best keyboard I've ever used.

and you guys are nuts with the broad flat keys and the spaces around them these buttons are big as hell

Thank you. This man gets it.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    UGH.
    UUUGH.

I hate shallow keyboards.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png