As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME ON] Tatsunoko vs Capcom - Oh my gosh!

• BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So did anyone pick up the Madcatz TvC stick (or at least have seen/heard/read more impressions on it from beyond the SRK forums)? Does it feel like it can take the pounding that this game would give, especially on the stick with the dashes, super jump and almost non-stop qc motions. I tried a little training mode with my Hori stick and.....I'm a little nervous for it. I worry that I could actually wear it out. I can just imagine what the natural craziness of TvC would have me do to the stick and it's nowhere close to the way I play the VC Street Fighters.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    BTP wrote: »
    So did anyone pick up the Madcatz TvC stick (or at least have seen/heard/read more impressions on it from beyond the SRK forums)? Does it feel like it can take the pounding that this game would give, especially on the stick with the dashes, super jump and almost non-stop qc motions. I tried a little training mode with my Hori stick and.....I'm a little nervous for it. I worry that I could actually wear it out. I can just imagine what the natural craziness of TvC would have me do to the stick and it's nowhere close to the way I play the VC Street Fighters.

it feels really solid. Overall, I like it a lot. The only complaint I have is that it's actually too sensitive sometimes, but I figure that's just something I'll adjust too. I've read that it's pretty comparable to the SFIV stick, in case you've ever played on that board.

It doesn't seem to work with VC games though...which is unsurprising but still disappointing

Guek on
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I splurged a little and picked it up yesterday. I like it so far - it's a very sturdy arcade stick (feels much more solid then the Hori Tekken 5 stick), plus it's got an angled slope on its face which is pretty nice. It feels a bit more natural on my wrists. I do wish you could slide the Wii-remote into its base (kinda like the Guitar Hero guitar), but it's connected up at the base like the Nunchuck and Classic controller.

EDIT: That's disheartening that it doesn't work with VC titles. Has anybody tried it on any other game on disc (Smash Bros, etc)?

Slagmire on
    edited January 2010
    Guek wrote: »
    it feels really solid. Overall, I like it a lot. The only complaint I have is that it's actually too sensitive sometimes, but I figure that's just something I'll adjust too.

Which is too sensitive? The stick, the buttons, or both?

I've read that it's pretty comparable to the SFIV stick, in case you've ever played on that board.

I haven't played with the SE, but I have tried the TE (against a CPU Seth, so I didn't last long). The TE felt too smooth to me, as if there was no physical resistance (and perhaps that's the "too sensitive" I experienced). Although everything I've read about the TvC stick says the parts have been redesigned and are better than the original SE, I still hope to get an understanding of the feel of it before I consider buying one.

It doesn't seem to work with VC games though...which is unsurprising but still disappointing

UNsurprising? That can't be right. They even have it as a selling point. "Works with Wii Fighting games and Virtual Console titles"

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
    edited January 2010
    O_o that's weird. I've only tried it with super streetfighter II though (ironic, no?). Maybe I should try it out on some others.

I wouldn't call the stick "too" smooth or anything. The stick itself has a nice, satisfying click in all 8 directions. It's just that the stick and buttons are really really responsive. Maybe that's how they're supposed to be? I dunno, maybe it's just that I've spent too many years playing on busted up boards in the arcade. It never gets annoying or anything, it's just something I've had to account for while playing.

Guek on
  • Greg343Greg343 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Would someone please give a description of what online modes there are? Is it just random match making/ friend codes, or is there more to it?

Greg343 on
  • MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Greg343 wrote: »
    Would someone please give a description of what online modes there are? Is it just random match making/ friend codes, or is there more to it?

That's pretty much all it is. You can have free battles or ranked battles which take place through random matchmaking and then there's a place to register your friend codes. You can also register the friend codes of people you've played through random matchmaking on a rivals list.

MelonTron on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Besides the usual controllers and sticks, what other controllers are out there? Using the classic controller just isn't doing it for me. I don't want to use the nunchuk+wii remote (although I haven't tried it). Gamecube controller I don't think I would like and I don't want to buy another stick since I JUST got the TE stick on the 360.

Basically, I want a controller with a dpad a little better than the classic controller and the controller a tad bit larger.

edit: What about one of these?

controller 1

controller 2

controller 3 (would that work with an American Wii?)

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The Classic Controller's D-Pad is one of the better ones out there, and you certainly won't find better on third party Wii pads.

Yes, the Classic Controller Pro works fine on North American Wiis from what I've heard. Stay away from Nyko's $19.99 controllers like the plague. The grip is alright, but I'm not sure it's really what you're looking for.

(That Black CC Pro looks sexy, I may look into buying one myself.)

EDIT: Also added another 9/10 review from GameTrailers to the OP for those who haven't figured out that mainstream critics like this game yet :P .

EDIT EDIT: Hey redfield85, Play Asia has the Black CC Pro for cheaper than the one over at Amazon ($29.90). Shipping kinda evens it out ($9.40), but its still cheaper over there.

EDIT x3: Hey hey, looks like the Black CC Pro will be headed stateside. It doesn't look like it will come out until Monster Hunter Tri hits the states (April 6th) but the controller will only be $20 when it finally does get a domestic release.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited January 2010
    O_o that's weird. I've only tried it with super streetfighter II though (ironic, no?). Maybe I should try it out on some others.

I wouldn't call the stick "too" smooth or anything. The stick itself has a nice, satisfying click in all 8 directions. It's just that the stick and buttons are really really responsive. Maybe that's how they're supposed to be? I dunno, maybe it's just that I've spent too many years playing on busted up boards in the arcade. It never gets annoying or anything, it's just something I've had to account for while playing.

What do you have the stick set to? LS, DP, or RS?

redfield85 wrote: »
    Besides the usual controllers and sticks, what other controllers are out there? Using the classic controller just isn't doing it for me. I don't want to use the nunchuk+wii remote (although I haven't tried it). Gamecube controller I don't think I would like and I don't want to buy another stick since I JUST got the TE stick on the 360.

Basically, I want a controller with a dpad a little better than the classic controller and the controller a tad bit larger.

edit: What about one of these?

controller 1

controller 2

controller 3 (would that work with an American Wii?)

I can't help you regarding #1, I have Nyko's version of #2 (see Youtube below) and I'll be trying that out later to see how well that works. Maybe it'll help take some force off my left thumb so I don't try so hard on it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxoV34rCrws&feature=related

For #3, that's actually coming to NA sometime in April, but if you're really willing to spend $44, may I point you to perhaps an alternative that you might have more use for?

It allows you to use a PS2/Wii CC/N64 controller through the Gamecube port. You can even customize the N64 button configuration to whatever you want, so you can play Sin & Punishment as it was intended as an example. Here are my impressions on it. I tried this with TvC last night with an N64 controller. It works just fine but TvC also has the same problem I had with other GC games where the game controls needed the analog of L and R to work. You can still get a perfectly fine setup with B, Left-C, Up-C being L,M,H, A being Partner, and Down-C being L+M+H. You just won't be able to taunt AFAIK.

If you do decide on getting this, I recommend getting an extension cable. Hopefully they'll be back it stock soon. While there's nothing wrong with the length of an N64 controller, I don't see it being a good idea to have the weight of the converter hanging on the actual console control port.

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I actually have the GC controller extenders. Haha. I am going to look into that. I would love to use my PS2 controllers on some games.

I think I will order the converter thingy and head to best buy after work at 8 and see if they have the classic controller grips.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, uh, do we just show our code or what?

Beat me up, Scotty
    5210-0937-4320-2033

Linespider5 on
    edited January 2010

Beat me up, Scotty
    5210-0937-4320-2033

Post your location as well and I'll throw you into the OP.

Fig-D on
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »

Beat me up, Scotty
    5210-0937-4320-2033

oh yeah

La Crosse, WI, USA
    5210-0937-4320-2033

Linespider5 on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Beat me up, Scotty
    5210-0937-4320-2033

oh yeah

La Crosse, WI, USA
    5210-0937-4320-2033

That's not a friend code :?

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Game is so fun.

Algertman on
  • sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hey guys, I capped a bunch of east coast tournament players playing this game with an early copy. Some informative commentary, some not :P

Thought you guys might like it. Keits (the guy that made the TVC Primer vid back during the JP version release) pretty much beasted on everyone here.

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Seb, you are so awesome. Thanks!! :D

Kris on
    edited January 2010
    FUCK Kaijin no Soki's ultra finisher is goddamn broken overpowered -_-;;

Guek on
  • FroggyPFroggyP Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Shoot realizing I can get an adapter to connect my ps2 stick makes me rethink about not getting this game.
    Either way great OP fig!
    edit: DAMN i'm in Irvine we'd be really close!

FroggyP on
    PSN: AnalogSoul
    edited January 2010

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Just wanted to update on the usage of Classic Controller grips. This game is the one and only time those grips have felt natural to the controller. Every other time I could always feel the separation of plastic between controller and grip. If you're sticking with the Classic Controller, those grips might be worth getting. They're pretty cheap now too. Just pack a lunch to work one day, use the money you'd spend otherwise for those grips, and you'll still have money leftover.

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I played about 4 games last night, and the lag was there but bearable. How is everyone else finding it?

Will post friend code when I find it...

Snare on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yatterman-2s little robot can complertly mess you up.

Algertman on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So far I've just unlocked Frank West and Tekkaman Blade.

Tonight I'll have the last three. I need to play Zero so badly.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Holy shit... Gold Lightan... holy shit.

I will admit though - it's a tougher fight against Yami for Gold Lightan. All his super specials are nearly useless.

EDIT: While I'm thinking about it - I've said this feels like the true, spiritual sequel to MvC2. Now that I've played it a little more, it feels like the love child of MvC2 and Project Justice.

Slagmire on
    edited January 2010

Beat me up, Scotty
    5210-0937-4320-2033

oh yeah

La Crosse, WI, USA
    5210-0937-4320-2033

That's not a friend code :?

I realized this while adding it to the OP and was going to comment before my ISP had a little issue. My internet was only out for 20 minutes but I took that opportunity to play a little Mass Effect 2. I stop playing ME2 about, oh... 10 minutes ago. One of the rare upsides to not being currently employeed.
    FroggyP wrote: »
    Shoot realizing I can get an adapter to connect my ps2 stick makes me rethink about not getting this game.
    Either way great OP fig!
    edit: DAMN i'm in Irvine we'd be really close!

DO IT.

Fig-D on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MAN. My copy is on the UPS truck somewhere in town.

I'm thinking about hunting him down and taking it.

blaze_zero on
  • MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I played three ranked matches this morning and got three DCers.

Stay classy, TvC.

MelonTron on
    edited January 2010
    MelonTron wrote: »
    I played three ranked matches this morning and got three DCers.

Stay classy, TvC.

I've read that DCers will slowly be funneled into a group where they only play with each other.

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:x:x:x

its the most broken move I've discovered so far in the game. how the hell are you supposed to defend against it? You can't turtle and block because he will throw you, you can't attack since he's immune to stun (not to mention he can regain all health lost), the only real option is to run but the thing can last like 30 seconds which feels like 30 hours.

Guek on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So they added Tekkaman, Joe the Condor, Yatterman 2, Frank West and Zero and the only character that didn't make it is a genie from a '70s show? Neato.

Any word on availability? Wouldn't want to miss this bandwagon.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited January 2010
    Well I guess I should start adding friends codes and such. I'll add all of the ones in the OP. Here's mine.

Name: Guek
    Friends Code: 2149-9561-0481

Guek on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Why was the genie cut?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    agoaj wrote: »
    Why was the genie cut?

"licensing issues"

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    edited January 2010
    agoaj wrote: »
    Why was the genie cut?

"Licensing issues" is the official word.

I pretend that they realized that The Genie Family was a pretty lame anime and it's English adaptation, Bob in a Bottle, was a fucking abomination. He's not in the Japanese re-release either (based on the US version).

Fig-D on
    edited January 2010
    Man, zero is annoying to fight, but only because ppl seem to spam the exact same combo over and over. I can beat him about half the time but it's still annoying.

Guek on
    edited January 2010
    I wish this game had a bigger online player pool, i just got paired against james the "pro" who had 23 games played, 100% win ratio 4 times in a row..he destroyed me with Kaijin no Soki each time. His alternate was zero, I could take his zero pretty easily, then he'd switch to Kaijin and i'd be dead before I could hit him

taliosfalcon on
  • solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I wish this game had a bigger online player pool, i just got paired against james the "pro" who had 23 games played, 100% win ratio 4 times in a row..he destroyed me with Kaijin no Soki each time. His alternate was zero, I could take his zero pretty easily, then he'd switch to Kaijin and i'd be dead before I could hit him

Outside of the number of players, how have your matches been? Better than SF4 netcode?

I'm #3 in the goozex queue. Should get it within the month and want to play some PA folks. HDR/BB was awesome since you could play almost anyone in the same continent. SF4 means I can only play people close to me :(

solsovly on
    edited January 2010
    solsovly wrote: »

Outside of the number of players, how have your matches been? Better than SF4 netcode?

I'm #3 in the goozex queue. Should get it within the month and want to play some PA folks. HDR/BB was awesome since you could play almost anyone in the same continent. SF4 means I can only play people close to me :(

I've found it better than SF4 personally. But SF4 kinda hated me, no matter what the bars said i'd have lag a good 50% of the time minimum. With this i'm not sure where the people i've been playing are from, but I have my player matching set to global and I only get bad lag 1/10 matches

edit: kaijin is the new bane of my existance, every match i've played tonight has had him, and most of the time i lose to people just mashing his basic attacks D: on the bright side i guess at least the g.lightan spamming has died down

taliosfalcon on
    edited January 2010

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:x:x:x

its the most broken move I've discovered so far in the game. how the hell are you supposed to defend against it? You can't turtle and block because he will throw you, you can't attack since he's immune to stun (not to mention he can regain all health lost), the only real option is to run but the thing can last like 30 seconds which feels like 30 hours.

Okay, maybe I haven't seen it. I thought it was him putting on a mask and just having more power in his hits to the point of being kinda broken.

I guess I need to examine Soki a little more.

Anyway, want to know what's cool? TvC will be in EVO 2010! I'm so glad this game is getting a chance.

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    anyone wanna play? I am beyond bad, can barely beat level 4 out of 8 computer.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575