As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Good [chat], everyone!

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've found it depends on the mob. Clefthoofs, for example, almost always give scraps, while Clefthoof Bulls almost always drop thick clefthoof, and Talbuks seem to drop the highest percentage of knothide leather.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    I personally don't want to play until my account is restored, it feels like a hollow shell of itself and I couldn't bear being logged in for the 10m I was on to file a ticket so forget about the hours i'd need to be on to do dungeons and instance with it. Even though the hijackers didn't sell off my equipped gear for some reason so I could easily raid/instance right now without any extra work, it just feels wrong like I'm playing someone else's character. Plus I feel like I'd be "contaminating" some sort of crime scene if I played at all before getting my account restored.

Don't you get a "consolodation package" for each day it takes for them to fix it? The package has like... lots of gold and stuff in it, right?

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You don't get a full restore if you accept the consolation package.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    I personally don't want to play until my account is restored, it feels like a hollow shell of itself and I couldn't bear being logged in for the 10m I was on to file a ticket so forget about the hours i'd need to be on to do dungeons and instance with it. Even though the hijackers didn't sell off my equipped gear for some reason so I could easily raid/instance right now without any extra work, it just feels wrong like I'm playing someone else's character. Plus I feel like I'd be "contaminating" some sort of crime scene if I played at all before getting my account restored.

Don't you get a "consolodation package" for each day it takes for them to fix it? The package has like... lots of gold and stuff in it, right?

The care package? I thought if you took that it bumped you to the front of the queue but you pretty much meant that you couldn't ever ask for a restoration because of hacking again. Something alone the lines of 2 embles of frost a day, 10 emblems of triumph, and 2,500 gold. You also get back all of your soul-bound items.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That's a great deal if you are poor as fuck. They should have a similar deal where they give you priority if you agree to buy a damn authenticator.

[edit] I finally bought dual spec for balance, and therefore need to drink now. Is it bad form to bind "/y Kunga-loosh!" to drinking?
    [edit2] I should probably drink something that lets me run in a straight line, shouldn't I.

jackal on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2010
    Season 8 gear preview up. Fancy.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh for gods sake, Blizzard, don't use the human male model for every armor.

reVerse on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Human males always look so terrible in shaman armor. For shame.

captaink on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Warlock looks really cool as always, Paladin reminds me of Ultron somehow.

captaink on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Someone needs to put those picutres in here so I can see them.

As every other site is blocked at work.

edit- Warlock models that is, not expecting all of them :p

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Warrior Season 8 has hilariously large shoulderpads. That armor set on an orc must look extra special.

Paladin Season 8 would probably look much better if you turned the helmet off. Still reminds me of "robot dildo armor" like every Paladin set since Tier 4 / Season 1 has.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I love those warlock and mage sets. The others......not so much.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I like the Druid, Paladin and Warlock sets. Especially the Druid set. It looks nice.

I hate the DK set, though. The others, I'm sort of meh about, but the fucking DK set looks like some kind of retarded Japanese biker outfit.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I guess the model for hunter is technically accurate.

But uh, I'd prefer the option to see it on all races.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/3p3/invincible.xml

Article about Arthas's flying horse mount...Something about it is just...underwhelming...

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That horse is lame. Next.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arthas had a flying horse? Man that would have been useful to know in WC3.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I assume it's his Deathcharger in WC3 and WC3: TFT that he mutates or something once he takes over Icecrown.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    He didn't get the horse until he was the Lich King. It was long dead before War 3: he ressurects the corpse, you can find the burial mound in game I believe.

Opty on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've never heard of this horse before. I was thinking it was the one he rode around in WC3 and TFT.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But he didn't return to Lordaeron as the Lich King.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh, I was wrong, it was right after he killed his father. I confused him returning as a Death Knight with returning as the Lich King. The empty grave can be found at the Balnir Farmstead in Tirisfal Glades ingame though, I was right about that.

Opty on
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That empty grave's been there since Halloween 2008...took them long enough to do anything about it...

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm still trying to make sense of the "There must be a Lich King" shit.

This is why you retcon sparingly, kids.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I'm still trying to make sense of the "There must be a Lich King" shit.

This is why you retcon sparingly, kids.

Somewhere there's this massive horde of Scourge that would spontaneously be released upon Azeroth if we officially ended the Lich King forever.

In other words, we trashed all of his Lieutenants, Commanders and Generals. We ransacked his stores, destroyed his resources, raided his camps and citadels, and ultimately drove our swords through his dark, cold heart. Yet, we can't end the Scourge.

Yeah, it's kinda weak. A "You Win. But Not Really."

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's basically the only way they can explain why the Forsaken continue to exist after the Lich King's death. Everyone knew something lame was going to be used to explain why, so I don't get why people are surprised by it.

Opty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bah. They could have just changed or added a couple things so we're doing quests for the Argent Crusade to help cleanup the remnants of the Scourge post Arthas. Simple. No retcon bs needed.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    There was a Lich King before Arthas and there will be a Lich King after Arthas, what is the retcon?

Seg on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The idea they've come up with? The Scourge would go berserk without Arthas to control them and descend upon Azeroth like a plague of locusts, destroying everything. To prevent this from happening someone must take his place. This makes no logical sense. The destruction of all life on Azeroth was the Lich King's goal in the first place. If they can't do it with the big guy in charge at the height of his power they're not gonna accomplish it after everyone's done kicking his ass and tearing his entire army to shreds.

Simple, easy answer: In the drive towards Icecrown we didn't kill all his forces along the way and the Argent Crusade could use a hand mopping up what's left. The Argent Crusade is now in charge of cleanup detail. Done. There is no need to come up with some convoluted answer to why the scourge continue to exist after Arthas is toast.

Except if they do that they can't have the new Lich King become corrupted and start terrorizing the world all over again which is where I think this is headed eventually. They don't want to kill off the Lich King permanently.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The first one didn't die or anything, he's still there just with a new body or something.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Why is the forsaken reliant upon the Lich King? Do you think they'll suddenly come back to life when he croaks?

Here's what we have:

-Frostmourne is, to some degree, alive. At the very least, it hungers.
    -Above has Arthas's soul.
    -Arthas has no heart. We broke it.
    -Even WITH said heart, Arthas did not do a SINGLE THING to prevent the death of his father and enabling of Archimonde's summoning. So why the FUCK is he holding the Scourge in check NOW?

How do I even START to believe that Arthas has been fighting the war intentionally bad? It doesn't make a lick of a sense and just snuffs out his last scrap of villain.

Of course, there may be 1,000 new details in retcons in books, comics and other things that may enlighten. Maybe those important details should be in the game.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Why is the forsaken reliant upon the Lich King? Do you think they'll suddenly come back to life when he croaks?

Here's what we have:

-Frostmourne is, to some degree, alive. At the very least, it hungers.
    -Above has Arthas's soul.
    -Arthas has no heart. We broke it.
    -Even WITH said heart, Arthas did not do a SINGLE THING to prevent the death of his father and enabling of Archimonde's summoning. So why the FUCK is he holding the Scourge in check NOW?

How do I even START to believe that Arthas has been fighting the war intentionally bad? It doesn't make a lick of a sense and just snuffs out his last scrap of villain.

Of course, there may be 1,000 new details in retcons in books, comics and other things that may enlighten. Maybe those important details should be in the game.

Arthas always seemed to come across as a control freak (see also: The culling of Strat, the burning of the expedition's ships in Northrend), and it just doesn't seem to be in his nature to let the dogs off the leash.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I am perfectly fine with the fact that Arthas spend a good chunk of vanilla WoW/TBC sitting on the throne fighting Ner'zhul. That makes sense, I guess.

But once he was in control? He's leading an army, not letting troops fly off the leash.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dear Blizzard: Why are all of the good Melee DPS trinkets only drop in 25? I mean come on I can't do 25 since its well not enough people to. Instead I have to buy some shitty badge trinket with a crap load of hit I don't need just because you can't put any melee DPS trinkets in 10 mans. Thanks.

At least when the silly goose boss in FoS gives up his trinket I'll only have to find one more that doesn't suck.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Let's posit for a minute what would happen if Arthas wasn't in control of the Scourge. The unifying will of the Lich King that drove them would be gone. This means they can do whatever the fuck they want. Without the Lich King to drive them the Scourge forces will splinter into a million different directions.

Why? Because they don't all want to serve the Lich King or want the same things he does.

It's likely the Scourge Commanders would retain control over those forces under their command. They might have trouble doing so. The mindless undead won't have Arthas' will there constantly keeping them focused. Also, Arthas will not be there to suppress the more rebellious impulses of some. The Scourge commanders will probably try to solidify their power and hide out for awhile. Some might try to carve out their own little empire.

The more mindless undead without a commander would probably wander about aimlessly and attack whatever happens to cross their path. They're no longer driven to achieve military objectives or even concerned with such things. Some of the recently freed undead might join the Forsaken. The Nerubians? They'll probably rebuild their kingdom.

But they're not going to descend on Azeroth as a single, unstoppable force.

As for what Arthas has been doing the past five years? He's been building up Icecrown glacier into an impregnable fortress (which we pretty much completely bypassed with the use of wooden sticks).

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The implication is that Arthas's military mind is a weakness in that he's treating the scourge like an army rather than a force of nature. Without a leader/controller they become said force of nature and are a much tougher foe to stop. The leader types may go do whatever they want, but the low level mindless ghouls would just go around hogwild. Basically they're going to put someone in charge of the Scourge, weakening them and holding them in place until the Argents can clean them all out.

Opty on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dear Blizzard: Why are all of the good Melee DPS trinkets only drop in 25? I mean come on I can't do 25 since its well not enough people to. Instead I have to buy some shitty badge trinket with a crap load of hit I don't need just because you can't put any melee DPS trinkets in 10 mans. Thanks.

At least when the silly goose boss in FoS gives up his trinket I'll only have to find one more that doesn't suck.

There's the crit trinket off Deathwhisper.

But yeah, seriously. Give us some good goddamn trinkets, Blizzard!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Blizzard finally finds a way to fix BeastMaster Hunter's DPS.

lolhunter.jpg

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh god, I'm not even logged in and my Warlock can feel the rape.

shryke on
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I quit this game back in august, haven't touched it since, this morning at 2:45 am a friend and old guildie texts me and says I am online robbing the gbank of useless glyphs (but leaving the gold). Sweet....

Pellaeon on
This discussion has been closed.