As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dukes of [Chat]zard

ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
edited January 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A

Also, I finally got a 360. Friend me: Thanatosian.

Thanatos on

• Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haha, nice.

I should get my Xbox online at some point. I'm really reluctant to spend the ridiculous cash money on a wireless adapter on it just yet, though. Can you use any USB wireless adapter on it, or does it have to be the Xbox one?

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    has to be the xbox one

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am using 3 minutes of post time to let Thanatos know that he is a good people.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited January 2010
    I am thinking about getting into warhammer. played chaos in the old world for the second time and borrowed one of the 40k books from no-quarter. seems like a lot of fun.

Variable on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Atomic_Robo_Promo_01.jpg

:D

RMS Oceanic on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    has to be the xbox one

Son of a dick.

Well, I guess that'll be my early birthday gift to myself once I land a job that doesn't involve selling 100% on commission.

Warhammer is hella expensive, but it's also pretty fun. The miniatures are great for D&D, too. I have a Dwarf army for Fantasy, a massive Ork army for 40k, and then a few skeletons I'm going to paint for D&D. I might buy more shit unrelated to my armies just for D&D yet, too.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, am I the only one who, when playing Borderlands...
    ...immediately broke out in this song the moment I completed the jump mission after you first get the car?

I hope not.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010
    Son of a dick.

Well, I guess that'll be my early birthday gift to myself once I land a job that doesn't involve selling 100% on commission.

I wish it wasn't worth it.

I'm off Live right now because I'm unemployed but I may be able to get back on soon. I don't even use it much but it's just sad to turn on a 360 and not be logged into live. to me.

Variable on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    So, am I the only one who, when playing Borderlands...
    ...immediately broke out in this song the moment I completed the jump mission after you first get the car?

I hope not.

Nope. I even played the theme.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010
    I am thinking about getting into warhammer. played chaos in the old world for the second time and borrowed one of the 40k books from no-quarter. seems like a lot of fun.
    Warhammer is nothing like Chaos in the Old World.

Do you like vehemently arguing about rules minutiae with some of the most socially-retarded neckbeards? Then you'll love Warhammer!

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010
    So far I don't know what logging into Live is like, other than buying a couple games the times I borrowed a laptop to tether it by ethernet.

What games do you guys have that you play online?

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    man I am reading about slavery

it was pretty dreadful

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2010
    I'm not shelling out for that goddamn 360 wireless bullshit.

I just moved my goddamn router. Thing even came with an ethernet cable.

Thanatos on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My PS3 and I wouldn't know anything about that.

Atomika on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yay Than!

Choco: I have also recently pulled out my unfinished 40k minis I haven't touched in at least a year, and bought some LotR stuff. But what I was wondering, what is the order you paint and assemble your models?

It's much easier to get a picture of how you want to paint them when they're assembled in front of you, but I find it's much easier to do the actual painting before assembly, especially in hard to reach areas (though this is slower). I have a few space marines I just primed in their plastic sprues, that I planned to cut out and touch up after.

Basically I've tried doing it a few different ways with varying success and I'm looking for some advice :P

James on
    edited January 2010

Do you like vehemently arguing about rules minutiae with some of the most socially-retarded neckbeards? Then you'll love Warhammer!

oh nono I know that, I meant that's what got me interested in the world.

... I don't love that, no, but if I can play with some forumers I already enjoy spending time with I don't think it'll be too bad!

Variable on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was explaining what a neckbeard was to my... shall we say, more real life oriented friends. it was fun!

Casual Eddy on
    edited January 2010

it was pretty dreadful
    Just to be clear: the General Lee is the one and only use of the Confederate Flag that I'm okay with.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010

one of the reasons I prefer my ps3

Variable on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm not shelling out for that goddamn 360 wireless bullshit.

I just moved my goddamn router. Thing even came with an ethernet cable.

Any wireless bridge and most routers can be substituted for that ridiculously expensive WiFi thing Microsoft sells. Usually with better signal strength too.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

it was pretty dreadful
    Just to be clear: the General Lee is the one and only use of the Confederate Flag that I'm okay with.

Well it's on a 68/69 Charger. The car is cool enough to compensate.

Thomamelas on
    edited January 2010
    I was explaining what a neckbeard was to my... shall we say, more real life oriented friends. it was fun!
    This always inevitably ends with "oh, you mean like X?"

"Yes, exactly."

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

it was pretty dreadful

Isn't Michael Weston's car a Charger?

Is it the same year? Because that would kick ass.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010

It depends whether or not you know people who are not socially-retarded neckbeards who play, and where you play. Some places are accommodating of those people and others are not.

James on
    edited January 2010
    James wrote: »
    Yay Than!

Choco: I have also recently pulled out my unfinished 40k minis I haven't touched in at least a year, and bought some LotR stuff. But what I was wondering, what is the order you paint and assemble your models?

It's much easier to get a picture of how you want to paint them when they're assembled in front of you, but I find it's much easier to do the actual painting before assembly, especially in hard to reach areas (though this is slower). I have a few space marines I just primed in their plastic sprues, that I planned to cut out and touch up after.

Basically I've tried doing it a few different ways with varying success and I'm looking for some advice :P

Personally what I do is I clip them up, give 'em a nice fine shaving and clip off any excess plastic or metal, and then glue them up, prime them, then paint them. For the painting itself, I'm not entirely sure of the process, but I use base coats first, usually in an assembly line style so that everything's skin is done, then clothes, all that kind of stuff, and then I'll wash it with whatever ink wash I see fit, then highlight.

There might be more to it but I think they look fine. Also, if you're painting something that's going to look like it's wearing a lot of metal, I drybrush either mithril or chainmail over them before everything so you don't have to agonize about the metal rings looking like they're too much paint on them as you basecoat.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Will do Than! what games do you have?

Gorilla Salad on
    edited January 2010

it was pretty dreadful

Isn't Michael Weston's car a Charger?

Is it the same year? Because that would kick ass.

Michael Weston's car is a Charger, but kind of an odd one. It has the 69 front end but the 73 body.

Edit: I took another look to be sure and I'm wrong. It's a 73 front end and body.

Thomamelas on
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with my PS3. Blu-ray, DLC, firmware updates, video store, Netflix, streaming media hub, free online connectivity . . . . . it does all of those.

And then it plays games, too.

Atomika on
    edited January 2010

Will do Than! what games do you have?
    Pure, and Lego Batman.

Borrowing Fable II from RiemannLives, though.

Thanatos on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mass Effect 2 has arrived!

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited January 2010

I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with my PS3. Blu-ray, DLC, firmware updates, video store, Netflix, streaming media hub, free online connectivity . . . . . it does all of those.

And then it plays games, too.

yeah no doubt. it's easier to watch media from my goddamn WINDOWS PC on my ps3 than 360.

Variable on
    edited January 2010
    Yay Than!

Personally what I do is I clip them up, give 'em a nice fine shaving and clip off any excess plastic or metal, and then glue them up, prime them, then paint them. For the painting itself, I'm not entirely sure of the process, but I use base coats first, usually in an assembly line style so that everything's skin is done, then clothes, all that kind of stuff, and then I'll wash it with whatever ink wash I see fit, then highlight.

There might be more to it but I think they look fine. Also, if you're painting something that's going to look like it's wearing a lot of metal, I drybrush either mithril or chainmail over them before everything so you don't have to agonize about the metal rings looking like they're too much paint on them as you basecoat.

I'll try this order, then.

The metal Easterling cavalry I have is a real pain to clean up :P

James on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dukes of Hazzard? God I hate that show.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Yay Than!

I'll try this order, then.

The metal Easterling cavalry I have is a real pain to clean up :P

Haha, yeah. I was lucky, I saw the way one of the staff at the GW near me painted their dwarves. Just a light drybrush of mithril over just about everything, with a bit of special care paid to the actual chain skirts. Just paint it how you like from there, but the chain skirts really shouldn't need anything more.

If I had a better camera, I'd take pictures of mine. I can get a decent shot of a person, but anything as small as the minis just blurs to shit.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanatos has none of the games I have

my live account will never be graced by his proximity

oh lord, why do you so cruelly deny me bliss?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited January 2010
    Taranis wrote: »
    You would.

Thanatos on
    edited January 2010
    You would.

How can you hate the Duke's of Hazard? Catherine Bach alone is a reason to watch.

Thomamelas on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Dragon Age just crashed in the middle of a cutscene after a long battle, but before saving.

This is...discouraging.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    interrupting people in ME2 is the best idea

after losing the
    Benezia
    fight over and over because I didn't get what to do, and having to sit through the looooong conversation with her EVERY TIME

all I wanted was to just say "hey, bitch, I don't care" and shoot her in the tits

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You would.

How can you hate the Duke's of Hazard? Catherine Bach alone is a reason to watch.

I don't think she's very attractive.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.