As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hates, Hopes, and Happy Holidays

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Why do tanks that leave a group think/say things like, "Enjoy your queue!". It's like, ok yes I'll enjoy my minute or two wait since my group is now at the top of the list.

Someone did that to me once. He was on my server.

I whispered him 15 seconds later to tell him about the new healer.

Echo on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ecstatic: New comp get! Big difference. Huge! Ya, WoW runs on a toasted ham sandwich but it's not great(and I'd rather eat the samwich). I went from getting like 15 fps(with everything turned down) to 45 fps in Dalaran with just about everything turned up.

/happy dance

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    Neyla wrote: »
    Thankfully 40 mans is a thing the of past, in 25s or 10s it is alot easier since you will only have on avg 1-2 of each class and for the most they are distinguishable. I have never had friendly player name plates on.

Oh, believe me, I'm a veteran of the BC Wars. Got a bank alt/old main with a Warglaive and the snazziest blindfold ( :winky: ) headgear available to show for it. 10's and 25's are wonderful in terms of herding fewer kittens, but some of the screenshots from MC... it's baffling how we ever got anything done trying to round up and direct that many people at a time.

Then again, I was one of the crazy ones who had raid frames showing everyone's health and mana tucked away on the side of my screen. It was always funny when someone would call out how it was a wipe and I'm thinking "Yeah, no shit, 32 people are dead, thanks for stating the obvious."

Stating the obvious is my job, thank you very much.

I rolled with all 40 raid frames out.

And I was a mage!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    riz wrote: »
    Samphis wrote: »
    Hate: The prices on the Tier 10 gear. That'd take me like six months of just my 2 emblems/day and the occasional week I can find a pug for the weekly. Tier9 looks like my plateau.

At the risk of sounding like an elitist douche, it's not for you. Or rather, not intended to let people who just do heroics gather a full set of raid gear in a short time period. Frost emblems from heroics is there to give people a reason to run heroics, get some tier (eventually) or pick up off-slot pieces they might have trouble with otherwise (rings, trinkets, whatever else they put on that vendor). Maybe they shouldn't even put current tier on the emblem vendors, as it frustrates non-raiders who think it's too slow and unfair, and frustrates raiders who have to fit heroics in with their possibly demanding raiding schedule to keep up.

It's also the fact that you don't even need it if you aren't raiding. I know you want it, but 232 T9 is more than enough to do anything besides ICC 25 or ToGC 25 (and MAYBE ICC 10/ToGC 10, I wouldn't know). And if you ARE doing those, you'd be getting the emblems anyway.

riz wrote:
    Jaded wrote: »

Hahah that is an amazingly inspired blog name. Though I myself am rarely in group 5 anymore, since I don't need mana tide most of the time. :(

Indeed, that is the best blog name since the Underblog.

Also:

Happy: Finally downed Queen Lana'thel. Only had 4 people alive for the kill.

Hate: Didn't win the spell neck that drop nor get a tier token I need for 4pc T10.

Hate: Wiped on Anub'arak once in ToGC 25, losing insanity again.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, thanks for linking that blog. It got me inspired to figure out healing again.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Fuck you ICC for not dropping a melee DPS trinket again last night, you dirty whore!

Meh: Got a new helm, but it's a debatable sidegrade. More crit, less haste, 1 more strength point, and like 20 more stam. Hm...

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Yogg-0 finally....

yeah... I know... months behind and all that jazz.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: My main character was restored more or less intact

Irked: My bank toons (who were deleted) weren't as lucky. The restoration put them in a state where they were in the hacker's care so now I have a ton of mats that I never had but now don't have a ton of mats I did have (like Librams, Shards, Diamonds, and Darkmoon cards for The Insane)

Opty on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Guild wasted time trying to do ICC25 with a bunch of people who were undergeared and didn't know the fights. Didn't even manage Marrowgar as one of the "tanks" was about as bright as a stump and raid comp sucked with pugs.

Decent: Went to TotC25 instead and did the first 4 before calling it after a wipe on Anub since it was late. Which is fine by me, I haven't raided since T7 so was entertaining enough for me. Got a trophy and a pair of tank bracers defaulted to me as it seems I'm becoming the third tank.

Glad: Also seem to have made the core so I'll be rolling in the main ICC10 group. Hopefully we can get Rotface down tomorrow and try to clear the floor.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Weeee I can do the jewelcrafting dailies at level 70!
    It's sad when you skill far outpaces your level

Brainleech on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Even worse: You can do the Dalaran Cooking Dailies at level 65. The Shattrath Cooking dailies require level 70.

Grobian on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Zython wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    Hate: The prices on the Tier 10 gear. That'd take me like six months of just my 2 emblems/day and the occasional week I can find a pug for the weekly. Tier9 looks like my plateau.

At the risk of sounding like an elitist douche, it's not for you. Or rather, not intended to let people who just do heroics gather a full set of raid gear in a short time period. Frost emblems from heroics is there to give people a reason to run heroics, get some tier (eventually) or pick up off-slot pieces they might have trouble with otherwise (rings, trinkets, whatever else they put on that vendor). Maybe they shouldn't even put current tier on the emblem vendors, as it frustrates non-raiders who think it's too slow and unfair, and frustrates raiders who have to fit heroics in with their possibly demanding raiding schedule to keep up.

It's also the fact that you don't even need it if you aren't raiding. I know you want it, but 232 T9 is more than enough to do anything besides ICC 25 or ToGC 25 (and MAYBE ICC 10/ToGC 10, I wouldn't know). And if you ARE doing those, you'd be getting the emblems anyway.

I AM raiding. I'm doing ICC10 every week, but it's STILL going to take months to get all the emblem gear. I have the Cloak and the Libram from frost emblems already, the 251 helm from Deathwhisper and the 251 Two-handed sword from Marrowgar, and the friendly Ashen Verdict ring, but everything else is Tier 9. I guess I was just jarred by the difference in spending one week getting Tier 9 and 4-5 months getting Tier 10.

Samphis on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Okay. So you are getting:
    2x7 = 14
    +5
    +18 from 10m ICC
    = 37 / week.

That's not too shabby. It's not like you are supposed to be decked out int he latest tier a few months after the content is released..

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, see, that's the problem. I've been getting closer to 4 emblems in ICC 10 every week. The group I've been playing with is not that great.

Samphis on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is that their fault or your fault? I've pugged up to Proffessor Multiple times. Blood Princes are kinda hard on 10man but not impossible in a pug. Find a new group.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Clearing ICC10 gives you almost 20 frost emblems; plus 5 from weekly raid; plus 14 from heroics. That's around 35-40 frost emblems a week without ICC25. That's a lot of dam emblems.

edit: im such a slow typer

tehmarken on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    We're stuck on Saurfang, and this week, we fell apart at Deathwhisper. I honestly hadn't considered a new group, but that does sound like a good idea at this point.

Samphis on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    And the new VoA boss, whenever the arena season rolls around, will most likely toss in another 2 weekly emblems each for 10 and 25 runs.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, the group I run with was able to oneshot the first four bosses in ICC and that was with several first-timers and a DPSer farting around doing only 2k dps.

I think you need to find a new group.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The new VoA boss is going to drop Frosties? I loves me some Wintergrasp PVP. That's awesome.

Samphis on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    And the new VoA boss, whenever the arena season rolls around, will most likely toss in another 2 weekly emblems each for 10 and 25 runs.

Plus one of them will likely drop t10 gloves and pants, if Blizzard keeps up the pattern.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »

Plus one of them will likely drop t10 gloves and pants, if Blizzard keeps up the pattern.

But only for classes that aren't in the raid at the moment.

Samphis on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The new VoA boss is going to drop Frosties? I loves me some Wintergrasp PVP. That's awesome.
    Well, presumably, going off the precedent of the other bosses. He could drop Frost in both modes, may just drop Frost in 25-man and Triumph in 10-man, or they may dispense with tradition altogether and drop only Triumph. Can't be sure until he goes live.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Unless there is a class with 6 or more representitives, then for sure those will drop just to watch the hiliarity.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Okay. So you are getting:
    2x7 = 14
    +5
    +18 from 10m ICC
    = 37 / week.

That's not too shabby. It's not like you are supposed to be decked out int he latest tier a few months after the content is released..

even if you're only getting 3 or 4 of the bosses in ICC thats still 25 - 27 a week.

Discounting the purchase of a cloak, since there IS one that drops in ICC 10 for pretty much every class, and assuming you go straight for a 4 piece T10, the cheapest set would cost 310 badges. That's only to 11 to 12 weeks before you have 4 piece T10. for a "casual" raider that is running ICC every week, and only the 10 man version not the 25 as well or vice verse, that's really not that long to get your gear.

mturalon on
  • Options
    mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

Unless there is a class with 6 or more representitives, then for sure those will drop just to watch the hiliarity.

However the flip side to this is. when you have 4 ret paladins and 2 prot paladins, the Holy Plate is guaranteed to drop.

mturalon on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I know the first of the 4 dropped chests, pants and gloves. as well as pvp gear that few were interested in

Brainleech on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, last group I really raided 25's with, we had 2 ret paladins, 1 prot paladin, 1 holy paladin, 1 dps dk, 1 tank/dps dk, 1 prot warrior, and 1 dps warrior. Guess how much plate dropped! And sometimes another dps dk if he wasn't raiding with his other guild that night. (which was fine because he would pass on all the loot until no one else needed it.... if it ever dropped.) Good thing for me was I had the least dkp, being the newest plate wearer to raid with them.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WetsunWetsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hurray. Rotface, Festergut, and Shadow's Edge.

Wetsun on
    XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hatred: Queue for the new Heroics, get FoS. I'm last on DPS with 2500~ DPS but second on the first boss for damage and DPS.

Then the group kicks me after the next pull with no explanation.

Fuck you guys.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have a suspicion that if I were to randomly decide to kick a bunch of players in different groups, barring that player is really good, more than 50% of the time the vote would be successful.

I think people would just follow along that easily.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I found out why.

moron.jpg

Fuck that guy. He then claimed to do 2500 dps sustained on his 73 Warrior.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: So I just experienced people getting to 80 and not knowing how to play there class. I just wanted to run normal ToC so I could get the marginal trinket upgrade since the badge ones aren't all that great and the final boss in FoS is a silly goose and always drops that fucking mail helm and stupid dagger.

Know I do something like 5k DPS and I don't expect the tank to be able to hold aggro off me. I do however expect people to know how to joust before entering the instance and know that you need to tank the three bosses not just lock on to the first guy and sit inside the circle of death while the mage kills the healer. Sure I death grip them around so maybe the tank gets a clue but since its normal with fresh 80's the healer can't heal both of us at once.

So we wipe. Wipe wipe wipe. I inform the tank that he needs to tank all 3 of the champions because they are killing people. He doesn't say anything and we wipe again.

Hopefully ill get that trinket from FoS sometime and maybe from Deathwhisper tonight..

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Being NOT the only Paladin in the party, but the only one giving out blessings. I tell the healer numerous times that Greater Blessing of Might (which goes on us both, since I want it for myself) isn't going to help him heal at all, so he might want to bless himself. He doesn't.

Both him and the mage decide that Skadi's whirlwind is the best place to stand.

I rez the healer. He doesn't rez the mage. I was OOM after rezzing him the first time he died, so the hunter busts out his Jumper Cables and rezzes the mage.

I truly hope this was someone queueing up as a healer just to get faster queues.

Samphis on
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: There is a new AddOn that blocks GearScore.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Being NOT the only Paladin in the party, but the only one giving out blessings. I tell the healer numerous times that Greater Blessing of Might (which goes on us both, since I want it for myself) isn't going to help him heal at all, so he might want to bless himself. He doesn't.

I rez the healer. He doesn't rez the mage. I was OOM after rezzing him the first time he died, so the hunter busts out his Jumper Cables and rezzes the mage.

I truly hope this was someone queueing up as a healer just to get faster queues.

Sorry bro, in this you're being a silly goose. Greater wisdom him then regular might yourself. You are glyphed for it right? If it's such a huge issue, greater kings both of you. Kings is awesome, no one hates it.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: There is a new AddOn that blocks GearScore.

OMG What!?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Sorry bro, in this you're being a silly goose. Greater wisdom him then regular might yourself. You are glyphed for it right? If it's such a huge issue, greater kings both of you. Kings is awesome, no one hates it.

Or, you know, he could have used his own blessings to also bless the party. I don't think that's too much to have asked for. Point being, he's a healer who wasn't using beneficial spells OR REZZING.

Samphis on
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LOL I was on that Skadi run. I was the huntard. It was the magical 3rd time my gnomish army knife actually rez'd someone too, or we may have had to vkick the healer. It was a Really bad run, but I got 2 upgrades so I wasn't crying.

Happy: On that same night, i got the gold drake from HCoS.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Multiple attempts on Rotface.. best one we wiped at 2%. Everything is perfect until we get to where he starts injecting at a faster rate and we cant cope. Not sure what to do. Tried 2 healers, me a paly and a disc priest, but im working my @ss off healing stuff, and especially when i get the mutation or whatever on me, its problematic as a holy shock wont do much. 3 healers seems to be a safer method but then we are loosing the dps for it. :( AAAANNNNDDDD we wont be able to try any more attempts till coming tuesday.. GAAHH

Sammich on
This discussion has been closed.