As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lost Season 6] Ben Linus Coffee-Rant Appreciation Thread [SPOILERS]

LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
LostSeason6.jpg

Lost Season 6
Season Premiere: Feb 2 8/7c

Taken from Wikipedia:
The season will premiere on February 2, 2010, with a two-hour episode preceded by a one-hour clip show, entitled "Lost: Final Chapter".[2][50] The show will continue onward from February 9 at its new timeslot of Tuesdays at 9 pm with a total of 18 episodes airing in 16 broadcasts, ending with a three-hour, two-part series finale in May 2010

Hurley explains seasons 1-4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDirosYgrA

Seasons 1-5 are available for free on Hulu.com
http://www.hulu.com/lost

Old Lost thread: (Prepare to be SKULLFUCKED by Spoilers)
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=90079

RULES REGARDING SPOILERS

DO NOT spoiler anything that has already happened. If you aren't up to date with this series, this is not the thread for you.

DO NOT spoiler speculation.

DO spoiler any confirmed knowledge of future events, including interviews that talk about future stuff, images or videos from future episodes, or any other stuff that YOU KNOW FOR CERTAIN is going to happen.

Lucascraft on

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had considered "Benjamin Linus will fuck you up" as an alternate thread title.

Lucascraft on
  • retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i am absurdly excited for this premiere but also sad since it's ending. just so long as desmond is plentiful, we're all good.

retrovm on
  • HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What lies in the shadow of the statue?

He who will save us all.

Lucascraft wrote: »
    I had considered "Benjamin Linus will fuck you up" as an alternate thread title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yysuyqc07vg

I assume this will also be a thread in which we are free to skullfuck each other with spoilers?

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, I say let the spoilers run free. We're used to the skullfucking by now. Maybe ElJeffe would like to weigh in on that subject? I'll put something in the OP about spoilers depending on what he says.

Lucascraft on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

More like "Everyone beats on Benjamin Linus"

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    The thing is, he takes it. He's definitely got some very strong masochistic tendencies. But the scene in the desert in season 4 where he busts out his police baton thing and beats the shit out of Whidmore's goons was badass.

Edit: And also he wiped out all of the Dharma Initiative and killed his own dad.

Lucascraft on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The end of season 3 was ridiculous with all the beatings he took.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    edited January 2010
    oh my god, that part in tunisia with ben is hands down one of the RADDEST things on this show.

retrovm on
    edited January 2010
    Lucascraft on
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    R.I.P. old Lost thread? I'm okay with that. I started S5 last night in my re-cap-run-up-thingy. Each time I've re-watched this show with the newest seasons' revelations in mind I have been blown away at how well the pieces fit together, especially now. A good example is Charlotte's intro in Season 4. In the desert flashback where she finds the polar bear remains, you can see the excitement on her face that she has potentially found evidence of where she came from, even though we as an audience (and I suppose to a degree Rebecca Mader) had no idea there was a connection to be made there yet. Same goes for when she frees herself from her parachute after arriving on the island.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
    edited January 2010

that will NEVER stop being awesome.
    i want to know more about ben, he's easily one of the most complex characters on the show.

retrovm on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    polaris314 wrote: »
    R.I.P. old Lost thread? I'm okay with that. I started S5 last night in my re-cap-run-up-thingy. Each time I've re-watched this show with the newest seasons' revelations in mind I have been blown away at how well the pieces fit together, especially now. A good example is Charlotte's intro in Season 4. In the desert flashback where she finds the polar bear remains, you can see the excitement on her face that she has potentially found evidence of where she came from, even though we as an audience (and I suppose to a degree Rebecca Mader) had no idea there was a connection to be made there yet. Same goes for when she frees herself from her parachute after arriving on the island.

The earlier seasons are filled with shit like this. After rewatching the earlier seasons a few times I am firmly in the camp that believes they had everything planned out from the beginning. Either that or the producers are damn good at making things fit.

So yeah. I'm crazy excited for the premier. February 2, isn't it?

SirUltimos on
    edited January 2010
    Yep. Premiere info is in the OP.

Lucascraft on
  • Hugh JassHugh Jass I'm Squint Eastwood Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Has it been explained yet why the island chooses to dump people off in the sahara?

Hugh Jass on
    edited January 2010
    I don't think there's necessarily a "reason" but Whidmore did catch on to that fact. That's why he's got a surveillance camera setup out in the middle of nowhere and an army of disposable goons to grab anyone why magically appears.

Lucascraft on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Holy crap, the finale is going to be 3 hours? So it's basically gonna be a movie?

SirUltimos on
  • BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm betting it has something to do with how the island is moving around all the time. The spot in the desert is the "anchor", where it originally was, and so when someone teleports out that's where they end up.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Here are my thoughts:

1) I think spoilers of actual stuff in future episodes still needs to be spoilered.

2) I have a keg of "told ya sos" ready for the reset.

3) Ben's arch enemy the Hot Pocket will return, and this time he will not miss.

Yar on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2010
    I added spoiler info - I think it's consistent with past handling of these threads. If anyone has objections, lemme know.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    edited January 2010
    I like it. Thank you.

Lucascraft on
    edited January 2010
    Yar wrote: »
    3) Ben's arch enemy the Hot Pocket will return, and this time he will not miss.

haha, i like it.

retrovm on
  • kingmeh123kingmeh123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Holy crap, the finale is going to be 3 hours? So it's basically gonna be a movie?

If it's like they've done in the past, Part 1 of the finale will be one week, and the next week will be two hours long.

kingmeh123 on
    edited January 2010
    Another great "synch" moment that happens seasons apart is during the episode in S3 where we get Ben's backstory. He is with Annie in the classroom when an alarm sounds, you hear gunfire/explosions in the background, and Annie tells Ben, "don't worry, it's just the hostiles". Then in Season 5 we see the other half of that scene, and it is the Losties who are the hostiles. So cool to see the older episode again and know exactly what is going on off-camera.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
  • DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I added spoiler info - I think it's consistent with past handling of these threads. If anyone has objections, lemme know.

If they do let you know, can you just ignore them? It seems people are always complaining about spoilers, one way or another

DesertBox on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hugh Jass wrote: »
    Has it been explained yet why the island chooses to dump people off in the sahara?

I'm pretty sure it dumps them at the exact opposite point on the planet from where it currently resides.

Vincent Grayson on
  • ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Another great "synch" moment that happens seasons apart is during the episode in S3 where we get Ben's backstory. He is with Annie in the classroom when an alarm sounds, you hear gunfire/explosions in the background, and Annie tells Ben, "don't worry, it's just the hostiles". Then in Season 5 we see the other half of that scene, and it is the Losties who are the hostiles. So cool to see the older episode again and know exactly what is going on off-camera.

I didn't realize that. Do they actually indicate that in Season 5? I always thought it was just some random skirmish with the hostile.

Shaggy on
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've started a rewatch from the beginning, I definitely won't get through everything before S6, but I am loving watching these old episodes and knowing what's coming up.

elevature on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    Shaggy wrote: »

I didn't realize that. Do they actually indicate that in Season 5? I always thought it was just some random skirmish with the hostile.

It's not the same time.

These should be in the OP for the moment, I think. Season Premiere Posters:
    Lost-Poster-01R.jpg

Lost-Poster-02.jpg

Lost-Poster-03.jpg

Lost-Poster-04.jpg

Lost-Poster-05.jpg

Lost-Poster-06.jpg

Lost-Poster-07.jpg

Lost-Poster-08.jpg

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Those are some seriously awesome posters. I just this moment saw the finale of Season 5.

These writers know how to fucking handle a television serial.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ARE THOSE REAL POSTERS those are fucking outstanding.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can't believe it's less than a week till the last season of Lost... Time is fucking flying.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    ARE THOSE REAL POSTERS those are fucking outstanding.

If those were available for sale somewhere, they'd sell out nearly instantaneously.

adytum on
    edited January 2010

I haven't hit that scene again in S5 since I started re-watching, but I definitely got that vibe when I saw the S3 scene again. I know I've had a few sequences off in my own head as far as when we were shown certain things (i.e. I remembered seeing the Horace/Locke/cabin scene WAY earlier in the season than it actually is).

Just hit the redshirt moment to end all redshirt moments again last night. I don't think it has been topped yet, not even by Abrams himself in Star Trek.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh man that reminds me that they were in the future at some point getting attacked by unseen people. I wonder if we'll see these moments from a different point of view in season 6.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • WizardFistWizardFist Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Definitely knew that this is where the show was going, but I'm still flipping out nonetheless.
    Super spoilers ahead.
    Do NOT click if you don't want to know anything.

WizardFist on
    1242529-1.png
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arghh, dunno if I should click on that link or not...

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • EmigerEmiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    WizardFist wrote: »
    Definitely knew that this is where the show was going, but I'm still flipping out nonetheless.
    Super spoilers ahead.
    Do NOT click if you don't want to know anything.
    More like the first two minutes of season 6. I'm really excited though.

Emiger on
  • HiveHive Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Can't be. Ben was still recovering from being shot when the Losties get into a gunfight with DHARMA.

Hive on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am out of this thread until premier considering the opening is available.

if I watch it I'll be back.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.