As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Hopes, and Happy Holidays

• ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: There is a new AddOn that blocks GearScore.

OMG What!?

GearScoreBlocker apparently fulfills this function.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

OMG What!?

All we need now is an addon that blocks stupid.

815165 on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    Hate: Being NOT the only Paladin in the party, but the only one giving out blessings. I tell the healer numerous times that Greater Blessing of Might (which goes on us both, since I want it for myself) isn't going to help him heal at all, so he might want to bless himself. He doesn't.

Both him and the mage decide that Skadi's whirlwind is the best place to stand.

I rez the healer. He doesn't rez the mage. I was OOM after rezzing him the first time he died, so the hunter busts out his Jumper Cables and rezzes the mage.

I truly hope this was someone queueing up as a healer just to get faster queues.

Sorry bro, in this you're being a silly goose. Greater wisdom him then regular might yourself. You are glyphed for it right? If it's such a huge issue, greater kings both of you. Kings is awesome, no one hates it.

Or, you know, he could have used his own blessings to also bless the party. I don't think that's too much to have asked for. Point being, he's a healer who wasn't using beneficial spells OR REZZING.

Right, but him being a miserable healer doesn't mean you have to stick him with might. For the same amount of reagents and a negligible amount of mana you could have given him an actual benefical buff, like Kings or Wis, while still having your might.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    815165 wrote: »

OMG What!?

All we need now is an addon that blocks stupid.

/ignore has never failed me.

399831.jpg
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    have you gotten that to work for people from other realms? If so how?

mturalon on
    edited January 2010
    mturalon wrote: »

Honestly haven't had it come up. I'll tinker around though.

399831.jpg
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Being NOT the only Paladin in the party, but the only one giving out blessings. I tell the healer numerous times that Greater Blessing of Might (which goes on us both, since I want it for myself) isn't going to help him heal at all, so he might want to bless himself. He doesn't.

I rez the healer. He doesn't rez the mage. I was OOM after rezzing him the first time he died, so the hunter busts out his Jumper Cables and rezzes the mage.

I truly hope this was someone queueing up as a healer just to get faster queues.

Sorry bro, in this you're being a silly goose. Greater wisdom him then regular might yourself. You are glyphed for it right? If it's such a huge issue, greater kings both of you. Kings is awesome, no one hates it.

Or, you know, he could have used his own blessings to also bless the party. I don't think that's too much to have asked for. Point being, he's a healer who wasn't using beneficial spells OR REZZING.

Right, but him being a miserable healer doesn't mean you have to stick him with might. For the same amount of reagents and a negligible amount of mana you could have given him an actual benefical buff, like Kings or Wis, while still having your might.

Gotta comment on @samphis here as I know him RL and play w/him. He's a DPS Pally, pure retadin. He's running 3.4-4k in 4pc t9 in heroics w/me. Meanwhile I'm running 1.8-2.2k in 1pc naxx the rest crafted and random. He may not well know the ways of the healadin and is focusing on what he knows and and assuming that the guy flagged healer knows what to do as well. We haven't wiped yet so it hasn't been that bad and sometimes he makes me laugh on TS.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    mturalon wrote: »

you can right click the name and ignore that way.

If typing it in it's something like "sillygoose-realmname" where "sillygoose" is the playername, a dash, then the realm they're from.

Nobody on
    edited January 2010
    UncleChet wrote: »

Gotta comment on @samphis here as I know him RL and play w/him. He's a DPS Pally, pure retadin. He's running 3.4-4k in 4pc t9 in heroics w/me. Meanwhile I'm running 1.8-2.2k in 1pc naxx the rest crafted and random. He may not well know the ways of the healadin and is focusing on what he knows and and assuming that the guy flagged healer knows what to do as well. We haven't wiped yet so it hasn't been that bad and sometimes he makes me laugh on TS.

I'm not dissing his ability to play ret, or commenting on his knowledge of holy. He knows enough to tell the healer that Greater Blessing of Might isn't going to help him. So why cast it?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I cast it because I wanted it on myself. I also cast Kings on the rest of the party. I don't see why I should have to manage another Paladins blessings and dance around his lack of doing anything useful.

We could have had Kings/Might or Kings/Wisdom on everyone in the party. Instead we had someone who queued as a healer who acted like anything but. Hell, I even had to do a large portion of the healing.

Yes, I realize that I could have given him a useful blessing. But really, I just came in here to vent. You know, since it's the Hate thread.

Samphis on
    edited January 2010
    Don't most Retadins have the Minor Glyph of Blessing of Might? The one that makes it last as long as G. Blessing of Might when cast on yourself?

399831.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Don't most Retadins have the Minor Glyph of Blessing of Might? The one that makes it last as long as G. Blessing of Might when cast on yourself?

I've been using the Kings one because I do a lot of Battlegrounds and like to conserve mana more than I like to conserve reagents.

Samphis on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have both might and kings.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    I have Sense Undead (because everything in ICC is undead), Lay on Hands (shorter Oh SHI- button cooldown) and Blessing of Kings glyphed.

Samphis on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Sense Undead, I don't use glyph of Sense Undead since when I am in Naxx/ICC I forget about it. Probably why I'm not topping the charts in ICC.

Tyberius on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Isn't it only 1% more damage?

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    edited January 2010
    There really aren't a lot of good options for Paladin minor glyphs, but since a good 60% of the enemies in this expansion are undead, Glyph of Sense Undead is worth taking up a spot on there.

Heck, 1% more damage seems like something that should cost a talent point, not a minor glyph slot.

As much effort as people put into gemming, enchanting, and spreadsheeting to eek out extra damage, this seems like a no-brainer.

Samphis on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Naphtali wrote: »

That is a lot for a minor glyph. Like way too much.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Shammies who show up in PvP gear, and taunt the 3rd tank we got for the pug about going to slow when the tank is just trying to make sure an undergeared group makes it through hHoL. (my first time).

Hope: Hoping to do WG this weekend to grind shards to get my baby priestess her next 2 heirlooms.

Happy: Happy to be playing WoW again, even though my hubby passionately hates it. But, if I can get 2hrs a night, at 3 weeknights + 1 weekend a week, I'm set =)

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
    edited January 2010
    Septus wrote: »

That is a lot for a minor glyph. Like way too much.

Yeah, you're right, this was silly goose comment.

Naphtali on
    edited January 2010
    UncleChet wrote: »
    Hate: Shammies who show up in PvP gear, and taunt the 3rd tank we got for the pug about going to slow when the tank is just trying to make sure an undergeared group makes it through hHoL. (my first time).

Hope: Hoping to do WG this weekend to grind shards to get my baby priestess her next 2 heirlooms.

Happy: Happy to be playing WoW again, even though my hubby passionately hates it. But, if I can get 2hrs a night, at 3 weeknights + 1 weekend a week, I'm set =)

It's not really "grinding" Wintergrasp. You can get 40 shards from quests if your side wins (once).

Samphis on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

actually, in this instance the healer should greater might (since as a holy pally you should have it), the ret would greater kings, and then i'd spot wisdom myself. There's no point in having the inferior buffs if you don't have too.

Langly on
    edited January 2010
    Langly wrote: »

actually, in this instance the healer should greater might (since as a holy pally you should have it)

Care to explain this one?

399831.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

actually, in this instance the healer should greater might (since as a holy pally you should have it)

Holy paladins pretty much have points galore to spend and probably should pick up the extra buffs from ret?

That's about all I got.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    bowen wrote: »

Holy paladins pretty much have points galore to spend and probably should pick up the extra buffs from ret?

That's about all I got.

What the heck else are you going to get from ret tier 2 on the way to critland?
    2 seconds off the judgement cooldown?

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »

That's about all I got.

That was my reason for taking it back when I was stupid and thought I might enjoy healing on my Paladin.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »

That's about all I got.

That was my reason for taking it back when I was stupid and thought I might enjoy healing on my Paladin.

You have to get down the ret tree, and there's really nothing else to take. Assuming your raid has a ret paladin (admittedly ours does not but usually you do), you only put one point in heart of the crusader, and then fill out faster judgements and improved might. Then you are in jolly old critland.

You could change out faster judgements with heart of the crusader, because they're not important at all, but the improved might is just too useful to pass up.

Langly on
    edited January 2010

actually, in this instance the healer should greater might (since as a holy pally you should have it), the ret would greater kings, and then i'd spot wisdom myself. There's no point in having the inferior buffs if you don't have too.

Why?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010

Why?

I...just posted why?

Langly on
    edited January 2010

Why?

I...just posted why?

Raid buffing. Holy pallies can do Imp Might and Imp Wis that way, if they go for the extra crit in Ret.

Naphtali on
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »

That's about all I got.

You have to get down the ret tree, and there's really nothing else to take. Assuming your raid has a ret paladin (admittedly ours does not but usually you do), you only put one point in heart of the crusader, and then fill out faster judgements and improved might. Then you are in jolly old critland.

You could change out faster judgements with heart of the crusader, because they're not important at all, but the improved might is just too useful to pass up.

See there's a fundamental disconnect here, my standard healing build is Holy/Prot for the raid damage reduction. Admittedly I'm debating going back to a Holy/Ret build but both are viable.

399831.jpg
    edited January 2010
    Do ret pallies not take Imp Might anymore? I take heart of the crusader for my Holy/Ret.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Do ret pallies not take Imp Might anymore? I take heart of the crusader for my Holy/Ret.

Not all of us have ret pallies around in 25s though.

Naphtali on
    edited January 2010

I would boggle at the concept, but then I'm in a guild with no priest mains of any spec.

But that's less of a "as a holy pally you should take it" and more of a "if you don't have ret pallies you should take it." Since having no holy pallies seems even more plausible than having no ret. Everybody wants to smack shit.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    We had ret pallies at points in the past, but they have entered their coccoons, and later emerged as beautiful monarch butterflies and flew south to Mexico for the winter.

Where they all died because butterflies have shit for lifespans.

Naphtali on
    edited January 2010
    Who needs a lifespan when you can macro Bubble-Hearth?

Samphis on
    edited January 2010

I would boggle at the concept, but then I'm in a guild with no priest mains of any spec.

But that's less of a "as a holy pally you should take it" and more of a "if you don't have ret pallies you should take it." Since having no holy pallies seems even more plausible than having no ret. Everybody wants to smack shit.

and it's also really useful for 10s and heroics. There are plenty of times where I've had a pally tank, but no ret paladin, and we're able to might and wis and kings the whole raid (or five man).

It just makes everything better if you have a holy paladin who can imp wisdom and imp might.

On top of that, if you have ret paladins wouldn't they also take heart of the crusader?

Langly on
    edited January 2010
    Either way I'm doubling up on a ret buff.

edit: and as holy I can drop it from much farther away than a ret pally would, which i often do immediately upon pull so it's up there for the tanks a good 5 seconds before the melee reaches the mob. I also put it on dudes ranged are hitting. And it lasts 10 seconds longer than a ret pallies thanks to T9 2pc.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • SerpicoSerpico Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Got Tiny Abomination in a Jar! Somewhat annoying I'm at 10.2% hit now and need to drop 3% somewhere, but even without getting any use form the hit it's second BIS behind the 277 version.

Serpico on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: guild managed to get it together and down Blood Queen 25 (an enrage kill but w/e), we then went on to one shot Putri

Also Happy: my project came to fruition. After casually farming in my spare time over about 6 weeks I managed to GET TO DA CHOPPA, 97 mounts now 8-)

Beasteh on
This discussion has been closed.