As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    We don't really have "favoritism" we have "If my bf/husband can't raid, neither will I" which leads us into most cases we are in.

Aka 4k dps lock on festergut.

Thomase1984 on
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    We don't really have "favoritism" we have "If my bf/husband can't raid, neither will I" which leads us into most cases we are in.

Its still favoritism, the person providing that ultimatum is being favored. Hopefully they're picking up their SO's slack in some capacity. Frankly, I don't do ultimatums I'd just assume PUG the spot that deal with those sorts of arm twisting talents.

You want me to bring them? Make me want to bring them.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My guild recently lost our best Holy Paladin because he got sat over a Holy Paladin who was a female. She is not very good and causes us to wipe more times than I would like to count.

We then lost a great female Resto Shaman because her boyfriend was being a jackass to a few people and wouldn't stop. So he got gkicked and she naturally left.

MEGAMERICAN on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My wife and I vastly prefer to raid together, as basically the main reason we still play WoW is to have another thing to do together. Fortunately it isn't a huge issue, as we each have 2 well geared 80s with a healer apiece. We can usually fit both of us into any raid.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Festergut down. Took a few tries but the final attempt was perfect. Watching my co tanks health bar when we swapped was was scary.

Hate: DCs on gunship meant we wiped twice. They "fixed" jumping over the side to your doom for fast wiping. You now get ported back to the ship. It wouldn't be so bad but for intentionally dieing as a prot paladin taking ages.

danx on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My wife and I vastly prefer to raid together, as basically the main reason we still play WoW is to have another thing to do together. Fortunately it isn't a huge issue, as we each have 2 well geared 80s with a healer apiece. We can usually fit both of us into any raid.

I think it's very reasonable for a couple to raid together, or not at all. However if one of that couple is terrible, I might also expect that couple to be excluded, regardless of how good the other person is.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    danx wrote: »
    Happy: Festergut down. Took a few tries but the final attempt was perfect. Watching my co tanks health bar when we swapped was was scary.

Make sure he pops shield wall or else he's got a huge black dick and is a really bad player.

Alternatively, wait until an inhale to swap.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wrong Johnny. We were had cleared ZA and were halfway through TK/SSC when I burned out.

Back on topic:

Really really Hope: That there are 5 COD Primordial Saronite waiting in my mail box when I log on today. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

^
    I know how this goes. through BC and majority of Wrath. THe counter part could not beat any of the tanks in deeps...and we geared of 3 of said person's toons.

So speaking of dramamamamama:

Amused: sooo sometime ago I had once vented about a raid member that was pissed the world is against them. This person in their time raiding with us has done:

-Pulled a whole side in naxx25 because of some comment with costed us Immortal (2 weeks before the drake was removed). The week after he was sat out and we got immortal. That butt hurt him for a long time.
    -left the guild...twice , threaten/whined too numerous times to count to leave the guild.
    -Is always defensive or emo.

So now comes in Shadowmourn. As with the last lengedary weapon it went to the most benefical class that was also the longest standing member of the raid. Fair enough. So the first person it goes to is choosen (not him) This said member pulled emo for about 2 weeks but people ignored him and it blew over. Now I guess he has been planning to get the 2nd one, should also mention he never spoke with the RL about it first.

Somehow he caught a "rumor" that he wasn't gonna be second, freaked and left the raid Tues night and declined 10s invite (something he whined for so long to be a part of). So now he has his arms cross, stomping his feet and blaming it all on our RL, when they even admited that decision was never made for #2. I hope to god they jsut cut him loose, he maybe be good dps but he is not worth this effort....

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

^
    I know how this goes. through BC and majority of Wrath. THe counter part could not beat any of the tanks in deeps...and we geared of 3 of said person's toons.

Amused: sooo sometime ago I had once vented about a raid member that was pissed the world is against them. This person in their time raiding with us has done:

-Pulled a whole side in naxx25 because of some comment with costed us Immortal (2 weeks before the drake was removed). The week after he was sat out and we got immortal. That butt hurt him for a long time.
    -left the guild...twice , threaten/whined too numerous times to count to leave the guild.

So now comes in Shadowmourn. As with the last lengedary weapon it went to the most benefical class that was also the longest standing member of the raid. Fair enough. So the first person it goes to is choosen (not him) This said member pulled emo for about 2 weeks but people ignored him and it blew over. Now I guess he has been planning to get the 2nd one, should also mention he never spoke with the RL about it first.

Somehow he caught a "rumor" that he wasn't gonna be second, freaked and left the raid Tues night and declined 10s invite (something he whined for so long to be a part of). So now he has his arms cross, stomping his feet and blaming it all on our RL, when they even admited that decision was never made for #2. I hope to god they jsut cut him loose, he maybe be good dps but he is not worth this effort....

So, um, after the two ragequits and all the emo, how did he get back in?

I'm 99% sure that the officers in my guild would laugh off just about any attempt to rejoin if we had a DPS pull that.

Nobody on
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Wrong Johnny. We were had cleared ZA and were halfway through TK/SSC when I burned out.

Back on topic:

Really really Hope: That there are 5 COD Primordial Saronite waiting in my mail box when I log on today. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.

Jesus, you women always on about your shoes, even in video games.

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Back on topic:

My bad. I had totally forgotten about ZA and TK/SSC.

Nevertheless, you are a blessing to us and not a burden. ;)

BTW I got a "free" primordial saronite from my hacking that I might part with if you need one. Because of my wedding in May my raiding opportunities are becoming pretty restricted so it's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to get enough to make the mail boots I would want.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    We had a mage come to a ToC 10, and he lost a roll on some caster thing that drops off Anub. Which from what I remember was only a slight upgrade over what he had already, that he basically strong armed the raid into giving him somehow. I wasn't there for it, but I heard comments about it. So he had a little fit, made everyone wait for a port out forever. Like, start casting then jumping just before the cast finished. And then finally ported himself out. He still expected to go with us to Ony. Kicked him, and pugged someone else in.

What was funny about it is that he's like 16 or something and prior to the raid getting going he was calling the rest of us immature for doing the whole dickscockslol thing. We might have been talking about bear sex, too. I don't know.

He wont be going to anymore raids with us if I have any say about it. Which I do.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    LOL why would you give a Legendary to someone who has left the guild before in a fit of angry german kid syndrome? I am glad most of the guilds I have been a part of have been drama free. For the most part.

Jubal77 on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nobody wrote:

I'm 99% sure that the officers in my guild would laugh off just about any attempt to rejoin if we had a DPS pull that.

Yeah the RL is a bleeding heart, and loves his DPS. I use to be this guy's friend but I just couldn't handle the emotional drain that he is.

I am hoping that the discussion the RL and I had last night showed them the light to move on. Leaving emo kid behind. Because seriously, enough is enough.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

^

Dear, you know said player is a dick.
    Aside from his bull in raid he has no common decency for his fellow person unless what they are doing somehow benefits him.

Supporting case that he is a dick:
    Said toons name is Sabin. We all know and love Sabin from Final Fantasy right? One day he is tagging along with a friend and I as Neyla is PL'ing our lowbies through some instance. Jokingly my friend says "Why don't you do a blitz attack or something?"

What does Sabin do? (Naughty language included)
    "HEY FUCKER! WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DO YOUR OWN FUCKIN' BLITZ YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT! DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO AGAIN YOU FUCKER!"

And so was the day one of the people I enjoyed gaming with left Feathermoon :(

TL;DR:
    Dude needs to quit eatting giant bowls of stupid-o's in the morning and realize the world revolves around the sun, not him.

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    As a female gamer and a raid main tank that works her butt off to get gear/into raids/anything important, that makes me wish I had the ability to strangle people through the internet.

Silly geese like that need to stop giving my gender a bad rap.

Shouldn't you be a holy priest? I kid I kid.

People using gender to lower standards other people have to meet are silly geese and taking advantage of WoW's mostly young, naive and horny player base.

Bigity on
  • zagizagi Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: I'm only 20 mounts away from the 100 mount achievement, & it's all the easy mounts too.

Hate: Grinding BG tokens for the "easy" ones. Especially WSG. *sigh* But the blue dragonhawk is so pwetty. -_-

zagi on
    edited January 2010

They are the Boots of Kingly Upheaval. Big ol' plate boots, and they even have +hit on them, so that I don't miss when I put them up your ass* :lol:
    Bigity wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be a holy priest? I kid I kid.

I'll cut you. On the bottom of your feet, so every time you walk, you feel me cutting you.*

*Above posts are intended to be taken as humor.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    edited January 2010

They are the Boots of Kingly Upheaval. Big ol' plate boots, and they even have +hit on them, so that I don't miss when I put them up your ass* :lol:

WRONG! Every ICC boot looks like socks.

At least all the ones I've ever tried on in the dressing room. May just be caster stuff. I hate it.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    We had a mage come to a ToC 10, and he lost a roll on some caster thing that drops off Anub. Which from what I remember was only a slight upgrade over what he had already, that he basically strong armed the raid into giving him somehow. I wasn't there for it, but I heard comments about it. So he had a little fit, made everyone wait for a port out forever. Like, start casting then jumping just before the cast finished. And then finally ported himself out. He still expected to go with us to Ony. Kicked him, and pugged someone else in.

What was funny about it is that he's like 16 or something and prior to the raid getting going he was calling the rest of us immature for doing the whole dickscockslol thing. We might have been talking about bear sex, too. I don't know.

He wont be going to anymore raids with us if I have any say about it. Which I do.

And they didn't just walk back to the portal dropped by the NPCs why?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    We wanted the port to Theramore.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Actually, we use an officer loot system.

Guess who got the first 25man Saurfang trinket after being in the guild only a week and pulling like 7k dps?
    Not me olololol. They said it's because I sometimes go mutilate and it would help her dps more. She went from 3.9k to 4k on most fights.
    I don't know why I am still in this guild. Oh right, I am a rogue... anyone need a good combat rogue? Send PM.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited January 2010
    What server are you on? I'll make and alt there and give her a cease and disist order on behalf of Heartless Bitches International.

Decomposey on
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    She'll do it too!

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
    edited January 2010
    She would know it would be somehow related to me. I call her out on stuff all the time. According to the GM, she "tries". I do kinda feel like a dick because she has started asking me for help on gear etc, but she is not improving at all and it is beginning to frustrate not only me but others in the guild. I have no problem with favoritism, people are human after all. However, when it gets to the point where people are getting frustrated because of it.. it's just too much.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: This last week I was at the guilds first downing of Team Edward 25m. That fight is crazy but fun. The person on the caster boss & balls was female and in between attempts would state funny things in the realm of "I have balls in my face the whole time so run away from me" etc...

Happy: Downed Prof Put before Team A could on icc10. The team I was on could be considered team D. Alts and such. It happened after the 25 man so the people in the group were still in cooperation mode or something. We went in and 1 shot him after 6 or 7 attempts the previous day.

Hate: Carnies.

Jubal77 on
    edited January 2010
    Well, if she's a druid, find another druid ( one that plays well) that plays her spec and try to get her lessons on proper DPS rotations and such. Gear is not the end all be all, some people can have great gear but still not be very good at their class. If she seriously WANTS to improve, she'll jump on the oppurtunity. If she doesn't, then you can wash your hands of her without guilt.

Decomposey on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I know we have a feral in guild who gets whispers from alts that players from other servers make on Arygos to get advice. I think KT is in the same battlegroup as us...

Nobody on
    edited January 2010
    I was a feral druid in a past life actually. She has bad Savage Roar uptime (80% on one Saurfang kill). Low # of FBs. To be honest I am surprised how far my guild has progressed. We have a tree that always has Regrowth as his #1 most healed spell, a Holy Paladin that does not use Holy Shock or Sacred Shield..

I am going to stop bitching now..

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Crumbly, I hear you.

Not a woman, but we had a highly geared rogue in the guild during the Molten Core days, but their damage was always terribly low. We'd link them to elitist jerks, other dps style sites, suggest rotations and give them a list of suggestions to improve, but it was rarely all that good, and we're talking full T2 with a Thunderfury in hand.

So we had another rogue player use that character for a run. Absolutely smoked everyone. We were all running our usual buffs and whatnot, and this guy just couldn't be touched.

Eventually you get to the point where, in this raiding day and age of enrage timers and things that need to die INSTANTLY, dead weight dps have to be dealt with in one way or another.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited January 2010
    Now that is pretty bad. Combat rogue play style has not really changed at all since vanilla, and it is one of the simplest raiding specs out there without a doubt.

What did you do with him, and how did he get T-fury in the first place :P

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    He earned the thunderfury by being one of the best rogues in his old guild.

Then he joined my crew, and met some people who actually know how to wreck shit.

They weren't bad people, they just weren't the kind of group who had a number of people that ran numbers and kept up to date on their class and mechanic info. There were people whom I got a pair of Cauterizing bands with on my Paladin because in a 40 man raid, nobody would spend any dkp on them, while they were in fact some pretty hot shit.

I believe he was with us through Vanilla raiding, but was unfortunately sat as a victim of the culls down to 25 man content in TBC.

Not a bad guy, just not a great rogue. Reasonably good, but not good enough.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Forar wrote: »
    He earned the thunderfury by being one of the best rogues in his old guild.

Then he joined my crew, and met some people who actually know how to wreck shit.

They weren't bad people, they just weren't the kind of group who had a number of people that ran numbers and kept up to date on their class and mechanic info. There were people whom I got a pair of Cauterizing bands with on my Paladin because in a 40 man raid, nobody would spend any dkp on them, while they were in fact some pretty hot shit.

I believe he was with us through Vanilla raiding, but was unfortunately sat as a victim of the culls down to 25 man content in TBC.

Not a bad guy, just not a great rogue. Reasonably good, but not good enough.

You got a pair of Cauterizing Bands? Lucky, everybody wanted those in my old vanilla raid guild =(

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Don't most Retadins have the Minor Glyph of Blessing of Might? The one that makes it last as long as G. Blessing of Might when cast on yourself?

On that note, I'm still waiting for my minor glyph of Sanctuary. Given how often a prot paladin has to greater blessing paladins with one thing and single bless herself with Sanc, it would be really really nice. Way more quality-of-life useful than the Might one.

Charus wrote:
    Hate: How bad can pugs be at harpoons? I think I just spent literally half of a UP run on Skadi because the pugs were picking up harpoons and shooting them off into oblivion.

Oh jesus this made me actually LOL at work. Cue the mental Benny Hill music.

Hate: When people say they got "hacked" but what they really mean is "I was using someone else's account and they took it back" or similar.

Huge Hate: Moving on Sunday, won't have cable/internet until the following Saturday. Originally it was even longer but I called and asked if anyone canceled. I'm going to do that every day now just in case something even earlier opens up. But ugh. I'm pretty sure I'm perfectly capable of plugging a modem into the wall, Time Warner. I promise if you just let me pick up the modem, things will be okay. I don't need you to do it for me.

I know I can get access to free wifi in NYC pretty easily, but the latest one I found is 11 p.m. and we raid until 12. And that's even assuming the connection at a Borders is good enough to bother raiding anything important. Why oh why couldn't the new wing open NEXT week...

riz on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Low number of Ferocious Bites is pretty normal. Savage Roar uptime of 80% is terrible though.

shadowane on
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Tanks who stand around between every pull waiting for people. unless you are undergeared and the group sucks, keep pulling.

Hate ^ 2: self-important geared people who like to talk shit in group chat if everyone in the group isnt doing 4k+ dps.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
    edited January 2010
    riz wrote: »
    Huge Hate: Moving on Sunday, won't have cable/internet until the following Saturday. Originally it was even longer but I called and asked if anyone canceled. I'm going to do that every day now just in case something even earlier opens up. But ugh. I'm pretty sure I'm perfectly capable of plugging a modem into the wall, Time Warner. I promise if you just let me pick up the modem, things will be okay. I don't need you to do it for me.
    Did you actually ask if you could do it yourself? We have Time Warner and have gone and picked things up from their office before and installed it ourselves. Not a modem, but other things.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    Did you actually ask if you could do it yourself? We have Time Warner and have gone and picked things up from their office before and installed it ourselves. Not a modem, but other things.

Yep. They don't let you anymore, apparently, at least not here. Or so customer service said when I argued about it. I read that it's because they were getting too many customer service calls from people fucking it up. So they think it's less costly somehow to have to send a guy out for every customer? Basically I'm punished cos other people fail. Bleh.

riz on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

Best rule we ever had in one of my guilds: if you quit the guild for any reason whatsoever, you need to write a new application.

We got rid of some warrior with a "sorry, we're full on DPS warriors" after he emoquit.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.