As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Pleasant: Semi-inadvertantly ended up with a 4950GS tank set. Just shy of 35k hp unbuffed and 49.9something% dodge+parry. Also replaced my last blue dps item, a cloak, with a fancy epic that is white and even longer than your average cloak or cape putting me over 5k GS finally.

Dislike: Guild I semi-randomly joined about a week ago is clearly unstable. Jackass-y good player (MT) causing strife by being over-the-top agro on people who don't meet his expectations. If there is a schism I'm not sure which way I should go. On the one hand the MT is good and recruited me and fuck shitty players, but on the other hand he is kind of a dick. I may just bounce period. Who knows.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    martinimartini Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: raiding on Friday nights. I'm so tired at the end of the week that all I want to do is go home and sleep.

Happy: at least usually my guildies perk me up by being funny. ;)

Hope: we can have a quick, successful raid and I can sleep ASAP.

martini on
    I raised the wall. And I will be the one to knock it down.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: DBM has a timer for the opening RP segment of Strath.

Except it says "rollplay".

Words cannot sufficiently describe how much I hate that stupid, idiotic typo that silly geese seem so fond of.

reVerse on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    it is almost like roll call though

Senshi on
  • Options
    Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: My first level 35! Half-way th...oh, wait...

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Hunter is 55, managed to pug an entire BRD run from the start to shooting the Emperor in his face.

Holy what the fuck: He dropped a snazzy mail belt which I got as the only mail user; he also dropped Imperial Jewel, a neck with 7 stam and 32 attack power.

cue the need rolls: me

and the affliction lock who had only spammed shadow bolt for the entire instance and was using a Krol Blade with no offhand

you can guess who won and instantly dropped group

the entire party pretty much went :|

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Got my Authenticator.

Hate: people still drop group if Oculus pops up. Whywhywhy.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hah, I know what you mean. Happened to me the other night when I got Oculus on my Shaman, tank and two DPS left immediately. Got replacements in short order. I ended up doing the healing Eregos from the ground method, wasn't too bad really.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: Less Rabi is the one thing keeping my druid from his proto drake, and every attempt on it has lead to epic failure, including a total group wipe. (Which was totally my fault, I decided to respec boomkin instead of resto for the achievement and just try to spam as much dmg as I could and DPS the achievement.. turns out that spell that drops stars out of the sky on enemies.. can go through walls and hit people in other rooms).

Happy: My wife and I were in a hOc run and she got the blue drake in her bag, which was pretty cool.
    Ultra Happy: She opened trade and gave me her bag with the drake in it, so now I have the blue drake on my hunter!!! :D:D:D Best wife ever.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Did Isle of Conquest for the first time today. Actually the first PvP I've done since BC. It was goddamn awesome, even if we did get womped.

Not quite so happy: Reminded me how much fun my priest used to be in PvP. I'm tempted to transfer her back to my server and level her up with the express intent of PvPing at 80, but I don't really want to deal with all the levelling (she's 70) when I've done it so recently on my DK.

Blegh: I really would like to try PvP healing on some different classes, but my only other real option is a paladin in his mid 40's, or starting afresh with a druid. Either way, I really can't be fucked with all the levelling.

exis on
  • Options
    W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Hate: DBM has a timer for the opening RP segment of Strath.

Except it says "rollplay".

Words cannot sufficiently describe how much I hate that stupid, idiotic typo that silly geese seem so fond of.

Can't be as bad as Trial of the Champion where it spams you with:

"Shamen casting Healing Wave! Interrupt!"

W2 on
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    try opening AddOns\DBM-Party-WotLK\OldStratholme\OldStratholmeWaves.lua

and editing the line "self:SendSync("Rollplay")" to "self:SendSync("Roleplay")"

edit: hmmm no that doesnt work i guess

here we go, localization.en.lua

TimerRollplay = "Opening rollplay"

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    on a similar note, why do people leave strat? the RP is only like 5 minutes tops and the runs are probably no longer than 25 minutes...

format on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Because after 3.3 came out, SOME people started bashing on the waiting time and it became popular to do so. People had no fucking problem with it at all until 3.3, which is what confuses the shit out of me.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just had a WC run in which 4 different people dropped out before we got to the end. Had to 4-man the last boss, and about a half-minute after it dies, the tank (who had left) rejoins the group, because we didn't turn off the queue.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man, I only found out about 6 months ago about the giant murloc boss in WC. Boy was I surprised.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Because after 3.3 came out, SOME people started bashing on the waiting time and it became popular to do so. People had no fucking problem with it at all until 3.3, which is what confuses the shit out of me.

Hell, it used to be one of the faster instances.

QuantumQuark on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, and you don't get your satchel of goodies until you kill the murloc boss.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    exis wrote: »
    Happy: Did Isle of Conquest for the first time today. Actually the first PvP I've done since BC. It was goddamn awesome, even if we did get womped.

Not quite so happy: Reminded me how much fun my priest used to be in PvP. I'm tempted to transfer her back to my server and level her up with the express intent of PvPing at 80, but I don't really want to deal with all the levelling (she's 70) when I've done it so recently on my DK.

Blegh: I really would like to try PvP healing on some different classes, but my only other real option is a paladin in his mid 40's, or starting afresh with a druid. Either way, I really can't be fucked with all the levelling.

You mean you actually got into IoC in the 70s bracket? That's some kind of dark miracle. I have seen exactly zero of them on Ravenholdt's battlegroup ever since they changed the queue limit from 3 to 2. I don't check every day, granted, but every other day at least. They used to be rather plentiful, and it's way more fun in the 70s bracket, since it takes more than a single attacker to destroy the glaivethrowers and nearly do the same to the siege tank.

In addendum: unless you have the patience to wait until you have arena or ICC raid gear before PvPing at 80, I'd strongly suggest not going with a priest or shaman. Paladins and druids, but paladins especially, are more capable of combatting a marked gear disadvantage right now.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Yeah, and you don't get your satchel of goodies until you kill the murloc boss.

speaking of bag of goodies i am disappointed by it. I have gotten maybe 6 "of the monkey" or "of the bandit" on my priest.

format on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I keep getting belts. Every time it's a belt. First one was a nice upgrade, second one was a +2 sta upgrade over the first, all the rest of them have been vendored. Still hoping for a cloak one of these times.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    the nice thing about farming dungeons from 20-30ish is you start getting necks every run

- which vendor for like 2g

Beasteh on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I thought the other day when I tried to tank UK on my paladin was bad but This dumb ass was horrible in the Forge of Souls

Up to the first boss the mobs ran everywere the first boss was asked to be kited several times
    He did not use consecration at all nor did he throw his sheild or use the hand

The bad thing was he rolled need on everything and bitched about the things he could not

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Beasteh wrote: »
    the nice thing about farming dungeons from 20-30ish is you start getting necks every run

I keep getting the bandit or another one for melee dps on my blood mage mage

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BiffoniacusBiffoniacus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happies: We downed 10m Putricide first try on an achievement attempt, and Blizz finally made a bear weapon that's better than Thunderstrike!

Hates: We're yet to even attempt 25m Blood Queen, who drops that bear spear, because we're still wiping on 25m Putricide.

Hopes: For my t10 legs to drop in VoA, and that it's a hard enough fight that nobody can be carried.

Biffoniacus on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »

I keep getting the bandit or another one for melee dps on my blood mage mage

My level 38 Warrior started getting plate shoulders at 35 and that is all he has gotten since then.

edit: which isn't so bad since he can vendor them for a decent chunk of cash.

But with my cloth wearers I have gotten at least once useful item for whichever slot that dungeon wants to give me items for, like cloth bracers with stam, int and spellpower for my priest and warlock, or a necklace with spellpower, mp5 and int for my priest or leather boots of the bandit for my feral druid. But I also end up with a lot of vendor trash on them as well.

Seg on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My GL has been running ICC10 on his shaman and tanking it with his warrior and the pally alt of one of our locks. When he and the pally tank, there has never been a single tanking drop for them. THey've run it probably 5 times now.

Happy: For the second week in a row, Neverending winter dropped when he was on his shaman. Last week the tank already had it, so it went to our other holy pally for his offspec. This week, since I was the only person who could use a tanking shield, it went to me. I don't have a tank spec. How silly.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Got my first 20 and mount on my new realm. Made plenty of gold Auctioning off copper bars.

Hate: Any quest related to Venture Company. The majority of my deaths having been from those quests.

Hope: The LFD Tool sets me up with cool people as I start more instance running.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Saeris wrote: »
    You mean you actually got into IoC in the 70s bracket? That's some kind of dark miracle. I have seen exactly zero of them on Ravenholdt's battlegroup ever since they changed the queue limit from 3 to 2. I don't check every day, granted, but every other day at least. They used to be rather plentiful, and it's way more fun in the 70s bracket, since it takes more than a single attacker to destroy the glaivethrowers and nearly do the same to the siege tank.
    Nah I was running it on my 80 DK. Who also has pretty crappy gear (just T9 level tanking epics), but I remembered how much fun attrition can be in battlegrounds. I was receiving a surprising amount of heals, and while I wasn't doing a whole lot of damage, I was able to be enough of a nuisance to melee classes running after clothies that I felt like I was contributing something.
    In addendum: unless you have the patience to wait until you have arena or ICC raid gear before PvPing at 80, I'd strongly suggest not going with a priest or shaman. Paladins and druids, but paladins especially, are more capable of combatting a marked gear disadvantage right now.
    I ended up transferring my priest back over lastnight, while in a less-than-entirely-coherent state of mind. Even if I don't get a lot out of her, she had the majority of my gold anyhow. But I'm warming to the idea of healing some instances, especially after taking a closer look at priest specs now. The disc spec I was planning on using for dungeons is so close to my old arena spec that I could quite comfortably shuffle some talents around and have a single spec for PvP and instances. And shadow is just ridiculous now.

Hate?: I'm about two heroics away from my last substantial emblem upgrade for my DK. All of a sudden I have zero motivation to play her. I don't want to DPS with her, and I know now that I don't want to raid again. So unless something drastically changes, I'm done... after about two weeks >.<

Hope: The priest will last longer.

exis on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: 80 #6!

18 levels to go, and 3 of them have 120-145% rested on hand.

Tomorrow's going to be a whirlwind of tanking instances.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Forar you are insane

(Soundwave too)

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: I did a Mara run on my priest queued as heals, but stayed shadow. No one noticed, no one seemed to care. At the end I open my bag of goodies and got some nice cloth sta/int boots, which are a nice upgrade. SCORE!

Happier:So I does it again. This time, my boot upgrade are once again cloth, but sta/int and spell power. Putting my priest at 200 SP at lv45. I love heirloom items.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Makershot wrote: »
    Forar you are insane

(Soundwave too)

Yet he does not have the insane title.

They should make a version just for people like Forar when/if they add any account-based achievements.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy, oh so very very happy - I finally, finally got an Abyssal Rune. I've been trying for that thing on and off for months. I even passed on it once before I realized it was useful.

Hope - ICC10 goes well tomorrow.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Hate: All of the gear that got returned to me was enchantless.

Eh: Luckily I didn't enchant my offset stuff, I just put gems into it.

Hate some more: But this means I need to refish up the +5 fishing line enchant and replace my Angler enchant. Also I can't find anyone with Angler for some reason but I can probably find them tomorrow.

Opty on
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Grrr: Did a random H PoS group on my shaman as the healer. During the trash leading up to Garfrost, I noticed the rogue wasn't doing anything except follow the tank. Just before we pulled Mr Underpants, it was revealed that the tank was dual-boxing the rogue. It continued to do nothing for the entire fight and the lack of dps resulted in a messy kill. I pushed the tank to quit hampering the group with his deadweight, but he refused and even had the arrogance to state that he wasn't trying to be rude (REALLY? YOU'RE NOT DOING A GOOD JOB THERE). We booted his rogue right before Ick and he quickly followed suit.

Whoo: The replacement tank, while a bit iffy, still managed to get us through the entire instance and I ended up with a drop from every boss - new enhancement neck and ring and the resto pants I've been hankering for.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Whoo: Druid hit 80, my first 80 alt!

Hah: His gear is too bad to even queue for normal ToC.

Lorahalo on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Finally got the last trinket I needed to have all ilevel 200+ items equiped so I got the Superior achievement. As it is I'm now able to do the ToC 10-man raid according to /lfr.

Hate: DK tanks who don't know what they're doing. Running H PoS last night and he could't keep aggro at all so every little bit someone would get close to dying aside from him. Wound up wiping on Ick which prompted the healer to leave, followed by said tank and for some reason the lfg tool wouldn't requeue us so I got a timer on a wasted instance. :x

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The LFR tool has minimum gear requirements on searching for raids, too? I knew about the LFD one gearchecking for 5-mans, but I figured that was because it was automatically assigning and didn't have to have leaders/assistants manually approve everyone coming in before invites.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    The LFR tool has minimum gear requirements on searching for raids, too? I knew about the LFD one gearchecking for 5-mans, but I figured that was because it was automatically assigning and didn't have to have leaders/assistants manually approve everyone coming in before invites.

Yep, I was looking in it last night and sure enough there were locks on for Icecrown, etc. saying I needed better gear. I think I'm close to 4200 gs or something as I've got a few T9 pieces along with others but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need more T9 and up pieces.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
This discussion has been closed.