As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do you rotate YOUR wallpapers?

CorakCorak Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Once upon a time, my wallpapers rotated. Then, one sad day, I had to reformat, and on my large list of "programs I need to remember to back up / re-download", I forgot my wallpaper rotator. I've been searching ever since.

Now, there are lots of these programs out there. That's part of the problem. I have been searching and searching for one with the following five requirements

#1) Free. Not usually a problem.

#2) I can set how long between rotations. Virtually all these programs have this.

#3) Support for a variety of image formats, including .png. Again, usually not a problem, though
occassionally conflicts with #1.

#4) An unlimited number of images allowed. This ought not to be a problem, but many programs have seemingly arbitrary limits.

#5) Be able to set different re-sizing parameters (best fit, worst fit, stretch, center, etc) for EACH image, individually. This is the kicker, and the hardest to find, but I know I had it at one point.

Anyone have a program they swear by? Meanwhile, I'm working my way through Google.

I live!
Corak on

• Options
    CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I take it you're not using a Mac, I hope.

CatnipCat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    If you have Windows 7 it rotates wallpapers natively. I'm pretty sure it has resizing options too, let me go check.

edit: it does everything but #5.

resizing options are Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile, Center.

Fill seems to zoom the image in until it fills the entire screen without changing it's ratio.

Fit fits the entire image in the screen, preserving it's ratio (adding black bars where needed)

Stretch is the old reliable stretch that doesn't care about ratio

Tile is tiles.

Center is centered.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    CorakCorak Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Alas, I have neither Mac OS nor 7. Running on Vista at the moment. I may be moving to 7 eventually, but inthe meanwhile, I'd like something Vista (and possibly XP) compatible.

Corak on
    I live!
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    When I had XP, I used Panorama32. Fits all your requirements.

It is not compatible with 64-bit Vista though.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!