As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Random Thought: Am I the only one who's always landed at Rut'theran Village, looked at the name, and instantly thought of it as Lutheran Village? I don't think I've been to there once in five-plus years without that being the case.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You realize if you have one i200 trinket and need one more for your superior achievement, you can just swap trinket slots right?

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, you won't lose the lit-up part of the achievement if you move an item out of that slot, so you can do that for both rings and trinkets.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Got new boots out of a Heroic!
    Uhh...: It was Nexus.
    Oi: They were blue.

That is how neglected my Enhance gear s.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    exis wrote: »
    Hope: The priest will last longer.

Get her the cold weather flying book and it should be easy and fun enough to level her up.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    exis wrote: »
    Hope: The priest will last longer.

Get her the cold weather flying book and it should be easy and fun enough to level her up.

Just did. Ta, I didn't realise that was possible now :)

exis on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Irritated: I've done a few random dungeons on my lowbie priest and so far the goodie bag has had nothing but cloth boots with the same stats.

Happy: Said priest is cruising along nicely.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Irritated: I've done a few random dungeons on my lowbie priest and so far the goodie bag has had nothing but cloth boots with the same stats.

Happy: Said priest is cruising along nicely.

Mid-40s?

Seg on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Late 40s, but yeah. Through this level bracket my bag reward has been the same pair of boots.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got a Sta/Int/mp5 ring on my 36 Resto Shaman in the last dungeon (Scarlet Armory) and I got the Tabard too.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Happy: Shaman is 79, just a stone's throw away from being my ninth 80.

Hate: My Warlock is still only 42 so I have a way to go before I get my full set.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hate: Had to wait 48 minutes past the start time to start ICC 10.

Happy: This gives me plenty of time to inspect people.

Hate: One of the other DPSer's is in mostly greens/blues and has no gems or enchantments.

Happy: I decide to give her some free gems to help out.

Hate: She doesn't know how to use them.

Happy: I won a roll on a significant upgrade. I decide to tell the loot master to give it to the other DPS because it's more of an upgrade for her.

Seething hate so much: SHE FUCKING VENDORS IT. She would rather have 60 gold than a 251 upgrade to her 174 green.

Hate even more: This wasn't even the worst part of the fail raid. 4 hours, 11 wipes, and we called it at Saurfang. This was a continuation of a previous night that didn't even get us past Deathwhisper. I need to either stop raiding or find another group.

Hilarious: I got an invite to this guild after the run.

Samphis on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Samphis wrote: »

Hate: One of the other DPSer's is in mostly greens/blues and has no gems or enchantments.

Happy: I won a roll on a significant upgrade. I decide to tell the loot master to give it to the other DPS because it's more of an upgrade for her.

Seething hate so much: SHE FUCKING VENDORS IT. She would rather have 60 gold than a 251 upgrade to her 174 green.

Hate even more: This wasn't even the worst part of the fail raid. 4 hours, 11 wipes, and we called it at Saurfang. This was a continuation of a previous night that didn't even get us past Deathwhisper. I need to either stop raiding or find another group.

Ekh-Ekh -- escaaaape!

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Doolies took their thumbs out of their asses and down rotface!
    Broken: Still no dagger drops, I think i'm just going to go combat if weapons drop that can make it useful.
    Seething: That 4k warlock i keep mentioning? 4k, and wait... what? Wins the BiS caster trinket from much better casters.

lol: getting tells from literally every other caster filled with anger and hate.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A semi hate is someone this morning was looking for a jewelcrafter I linked my paladin's at 423 since she was 70 I was told to stop linking someone else's

It's getting bad with people who take thier time showing up for a raid or certain things
    some examples are the priest who showed up at the end when the airship comes up in normal HoR {he was not there for the rest of the instance} The warlock today who was still in Dalaran for this week's raid we were about to kill the boss when he still was not there and asked for 5 more minutes.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Another hate is looking at the Venture Company's stuff real quick on my paladin the holy book is not that great and I have to get 4 more levels to replace the current one I have

Brainleech on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Got new wrists from the 25 man on Saturday.

Happy x2: Able to consistently break 8k dps. Almost to 9k!

Amused: I'm in top 3 DPS for most fights. The other two are rogues.

Hope: MELEE TRINKET

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: ICC went swimmingly, first wing cleared.

Happy again: Got my Frost badge belt, upgrade in every department, with 3 slots to boot. Pushed my spell power just over 2600, and inched my haste a little closer to 700.

Hate: Paying for those 3 gems...

Annoyed: No caster drops...

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Samphis wrote: »

This should have raised some flags.

supertall on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Powerleveled Enchanting to 300 on a new character! :D

Hate: It took two hours and 1500 gold! D:

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sorry, did I say 80 #6?

I meant #7.

Oh yeah, I mean business now.

14 levels to go.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Forar is a machine.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    He certainly is something.

/thumbs up

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Tanked UK three times on my druid. First time tanking in this game ever and it went fine, without a wipe.

Hate: DPS. Already, after tanking 3 instances. It's just great when I mark a mob, run towards the group, put FF on the marked mob and before I'm even there I see the Rain of Fire coming down. Great, now all the mobs are on the Warlock and I can't get them back, because I have no rage and the healer of course starts healing the warlock so then he gets aggro.

Hope: Meeting more nice dps like the warrior that was in full 70 epics. He had more than double my dps (my gear is shit, as I was specced Balance until 70) but after the first three groups he got the message and waited until I had some aggro/rage.

Next Hate: Additional Instances cannot be launched. It's nice having instant queues as a tank. But then I wait 20 minutes until I get a slot on the instance server. It's ridiculous. I'm not one to go "My $13 Blizzard!", but it's been like this since the start of 3.3. Evenings and Weekends are basically unplayable because of the waiting.

Grobian on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hate: The Abyssal Shard does not fucking exist. I ran ToC normal like 10 times and didn't see it. I guess at least I picked up a nice stack of abyss crystals but still.

Funny: I know it makes me a dick, but some stupid asshole started the ToC event with the long intro. When I told him not to choose that ever again, he cursed at me and said if I didn't like it, I could leave. So I killed the second boss, didn't see the trinket, and left.

shadowane on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Thilena of the Ashen Verdict

Happy: Well Read also done, and only need one more book for Higher Learning

Hate: The same mistakes are being made on Putricide, but by different people. Then watching DPS slowly decrease over the night of attempts (first attempt, green slime doesn't explode once. Last attempt, green slime blows up 2 or 3 times, and this is when it's picking ranged as the first target).

Amusing: Getting a panicked whisper from the holy paladin right at the phase 2 transition of "OH GOD SO SORRY I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON." He meant to drop judgement on Putricide. Guess what he hit instead.

Hate: having the badges to spend on the chest (cataclysmic chestguard), but wanting to see if the T10.264 piece is better first.

Nobody on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hate: Wound up going into H PoS last night. Initial tank was a DK who only had one item gemmed and it was for spirit. He couldn't hold agro and when we would ask him to not pull so we could recover a bit he would run off and do it anyway. Healer would wind up getting agro from healing as the rest of us run to catch up to the tank. Healer wipes, tank wipes, then the rest of us. 3 wipes in under 10 minutes. That guy got kicked and we got a pally tank who was just starting to upgrade his gear since he hit 80 on Friday, hadn't run H PoS and yet we didn't wipe at all after that. I'm fearing I'm going to start being prejudiced against DK tanks.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    lolol: So I had my run in with one "those" people during my run of randoms on my pally tank. A hunter pulling an impressive 368 dps in Nexus. I couldn't hold back so I posted recount (since I seen a lvl 70 hunter in pvp gear pull close to 1k). The other dps in the group where new 80's and were pulling about 1.4k, so everyone got a good chuckle.

Me: "I can wand for more then that"
    Hunter: "your mean"
    Me: "I can be"
    Hunter: " It's my weapon, I need a better one"
    Me: "it's not your weapon, you need to get a new rotation."

I could of voted to kick him, but honestly, I was enjoying having him there :P As we progressed his dps dropped to 340ish. We kill boss #2 and as we prepare to jump, we all reminded him to dismiss pet. You have three guesses on what happened next and the first two don't count. I chuckled, I think the healer was in tear's as I grab all our newly found friends. The hunter managed to fall over the edge.... Poor guy can't catch a break ;) Though it was a good thing his pet already agro'd the mobs since, again, he didn't dismiss his pet.

Finally the hunter just left as we make our way to the last boss, I think I pushed him over the edge when I told him for future reference to try to keep pet taunt off since that can cause some headaches later on in Heroics/Raids. I was trying to be nice!

I felt so abandoned and hurt by this loss.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Heh: Random guild I joined a week and a half ago split. Amusing nerd drama as the two former leaders slapfight in guild chat because for some reason when one kicked the other the message came up but he was still able to read/speak in guild chat. Kicked faction was a good player but kind of annoying and sent me a mail basically asking me to join him, and I left the remaining guild since they were the more social-bad-player type, but I have no interest in either.

Don't care enough about the game to waste time in ambiguous future guilds. Either going to stop playing again or join a stable 25 man. Got to see ToC and most of ICC so I'm really pretty set with quitting until 4.0, but for some reason I still have a bit of a loot itch so I'm not sure.

Still cracks me up whenever I see someone get emotional over such a frivolous timesink, though.

That aside my half-hearted attempt at a tank set has turned into 35k hp unbuffed and 50% dodge/parry and I've successfully tanked everything short of raids which I haven't had the interest in attempting. So that's neat.

Also fishing still sucks.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hope: Guild can down Dragons in 25 man
    Hope: My 10man kills Lich King this week!
    Hope: 3x chances for a dagger / fisty this week. Woot new bosses!
    Hate: Even if we get a fast dagger to drop, it will probably be an upgrade for a rogue. We have only seen 1 dagger drop so far and I feel kinda bad because I picked up the Axe offhand off of Gunboat (I was also the only one that could use it blah)

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Not much WoW this weekend as I took a break. Played Mass Effect 2 which I am loving.
    Hate: What WoW I did play was on my DK tanking newb Wrath Instances. That experience was not fun. People should have seen that I was in starter tanking gear and specd frost but for some reason they thought I was Mr. Instant AoE/Burst dmg on all mobs tanking DK. I had a mage tell me to use DnD when he went balls out on the second target while I was stacking my diseases on the main target. I told him to piss off and left the group.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey. Hey you, level 38 tank in Uldaman. It's probably not smart to pull 3 sets of groups with the huge golums that have a knockover.

It's also probably not smart to pull 3 times while your healer is oom.

Also, don't blame me for your tanking mistakes, I was able to heal the rest of the group from the one set that did make it to us and didn't reset. That group was a warlock, a mage, and an arms warrior. You're pretty bad dude.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy - Blood princes/queen down in 10 man before the next set of bosses
    Hate - Our 25 mans have been stuck on stupid lately - we stomp through saurfang no problem, but people either be retarded or just bail after even though we could easily do rotface if people would just pay attention.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    People should have seen that I was in starter tanking gear and specd frost but for some reason they thought I was Mr. Instant AoE/Burst dmg on all mobs tanking DK. I had a mage tell me to use DnD when he went balls out on the second target while I was stacking my diseases on the main target. I told him to piss off and left the group.

Frost is the instant AoE agro spec. Drop D&D, Howling Blast (glyphed to apply frost fever), then Blood Boil. I tank as frost on my DK and never have agro issues in heroics. There's no reason to bother with plague strike except on bosses. Howling Blast + Blood Boil will keep everything glued to you while tab targeting frost strikes and obliterates when HB is on cooldown.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Funny - People that think calling someone out on their bad dps or bad tactics and then arguing with them will make them better.

At the very least it makes for entertaining group chat sometimes :p

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Hey. Hey you, level 38 tank in Uldaman. It's probably not smart to pull 3 sets of groups with the huge golums that have a knockover.

It's also probably not smart to pull 3 times while your healer is oom.

Also, don't blame me for your tanking mistakes, I was able to heal the rest of the group from the one set that did make it to us and didn't reset. That group was a warlock, a mage, and an arms warrior. You're pretty bad dude.

What about the 38 warrior in Ulda who wants to take their time making sure they have aggro on everything but the healer is bitching about being at full mana. I started picking up packs then and the healer was still at full mana. Druid in heirlooms.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    Funny - People that think calling someone out on their bad dps or bad tactics and then arguing with them will make them better.

At the very least it makes for entertaining group chat sometimes :p

I spent time debating with myself about letting a DK know that using Death Strike or Obliterate would help their dps numbers, but that was after the dungeon was over and I had time to take a look at their recount.

Seg on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Or About the 37 Resto Shaman who nearly had a heartattack when the Ret Pally pulled half the Scarlet Cathedral in one go.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah it also depends on if you run through and try to pick up 8 packs and build absolutely no aggro until you stop. I'd be for that if the tank let me get my hots on him, but defiantly don't pull three groups of golums with knockdowns. Or pull 2 more with the boss that has the silencing tornados.

I even gave the guy fair warning to stop pulling when I'm OOM because of his shenanigans.

I'd rather get through it with no problems without wiping than risk wiping at all. Only because sitting to drink takes more time than slow pulling.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: 80 #8, resto druid.

Double happy: Working her fourth piece of T9 less than a week after I dinged! with her, and I'll pick the gloves up.

Triple happy: 8 randoms a day = a shitton of primordial saronite to buy

Hilarious: The guild master changed all of my alt's guild notes to dick jokes.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
This discussion has been closed.