As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Un[chat]ed 2 was GOTY material? Meh...

1575859606163»

Posts

  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So I'm being chewed out right now by an old high school fling. She's pissed that by dating a younger woman I'm reducing the dating pool of eligible men for women in our age group. And pointing out that she's fulfilling a stereotype has not made her any happier.
    Tell her to find a younger man.

    I suggested that. Apparently younger men aren't interested in relationships. I thought going cougar was the thing to do for women.
    Actually, I don't know why I was ignoring the real issue. Tell her that you're just not into her, or that you'll call her if things don't work out with the kid.

    Bama on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    T :will- sweet

    back later guys, gonna eat lunch!

    Arch on
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Yup, the men are pathetic and sexist and revolting. I wouldn't fuck 'em.

    I wish there was more about the women, though.

    It's all fucked up and quite sad, really.

    I just feel the brides know what's going on there more clearly than the grooms. They're less deluded, which is why I feel less sorry for them.

    Well, they're doing something unpleasant to get out of poverty and starvation. I mean, when you look at the stuff people do to come to the West - drug dealing or hijacking or murder or whatever - I figure getting faux-married to some sad specimen of a guy isn't too terrible.

    Oh no, I quite agree. It's not that bad at all. I've had friends who've done much much worse in their lives.

    I just can't see it as a 'male exploiter vs female exploited' situation, which I feel is the conventional viewpoint.

    poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    are you joking?

    No, I am not joking. Obviously we are having some kind of miscommunication going on here because what you are saying doesn't make a lick of sense to me, like, I can't even figure out what you are trying to argue at this point. So if you would spell out what you are trying to get at right now I'd greatly appreciate it.

    Inquisitor on
  • DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So I'm being chewed out right now by an old high school fling. She's pissed that by dating a younger woman I'm reducing the dating pool of eligible men for women in our age group. And pointing out that she's fulfilling a stereotype has not made her any happier.
    Tell her to find a younger man.

    Yeah it's not like cougars don't exist.

    She obviously just wants a piece of you.

    Edit: so beat'd

    Dman on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh come on. I got my laptop back from getting fixed and updated i-tunes. It can't locate 90% of the songs.

    Damn it.

    Leitner on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    One day, I hope to date a girl that understands why a potato is a better gift than a rose.

    JustinSane07 on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So I'm being chewed out right now by an old high school fling. She's pissed that by dating a younger woman I'm reducing the dating pool of eligible men for women in our age group. And pointing out that she's fulfilling a stereotype has not made her any happier.
    Tell her to find a younger man.

    I suggested that. Apparently younger men aren't interested in relationships. I thought going cougar was the thing to do for women.
    Actually, I don't know why I was ignoring the real issue. Tell her that you're just not into her, or that you'll call her if things don't work out with the kid.

    She was one of my high school flings. It's safe to say that she's probably crazy. I'm hoping the whole "Christ he's an asshole" will be a turnoff and she'll wander off to find someone else.

    Thomamelas on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited February 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    I am totally getting an iPad, now that I have thought about it for a few days.

    I can put all my game books away for good and rely on PDFs on a smallish mobile device that are legible and in color. YAY!

    Also, remote desktop client, 1024x768. Sexy.

    Yeah! You also can't listen to your music while you read your game books!

    Or install the software you want to install!

    Or browse the web freely because there's no flash!

    Save your fucking money and get a netbook.
    umm, you totally CAN listen to your music, just can;t stream pandora. Unless you are using an RDC like I plan to, in which case I can do everything and anything I want on a super light super thin slate, including multitasking while browsing and using flash on my webpages.

    Ha. Ha. Ha.

    Who fed you that bullshit? It's pretty well known at this point that the iPad doesn't support flash and you can only do one task at a time.
    Look up RDC sometime and see what it entails.

    Needless to say, I plan on having a massively powerful machine or two behind my DOCIS 3.0 connection that I can pretty much do anything on, anywhere I happen to be, because of the cheap 3G plan for this thing.

    syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Picked up ME 2 over the weekend because I'm weak. Apparently according to scholar irond will I'm a homosexual now.

    You are infiltrating asses, preacher

    i know your game

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Picked up ME 2 over the weekend because I'm weak. Apparently according to scholar irond will I'm a homosexual now.

    You are infiltrating asses, preacher

    i know your game

    It was my class from ME 1, Judas Shepard takes no shit from soldiers!

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Oh come on. I got my laptop back from getting fixed and updated i-tunes. It can't locate 90% of the songs.

    Damn it.

    Never, ever hand your computer to someone to be fixed expecting any data you care about on it to survive.

    I swear to god formatting the hard drive is like step 2 of every professional troubleshooting process.

    Dman on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    I think if there is an identifying characteristic to fascism it is the emphasis on unified belief/thought/action. You can be left-wing or right-wing authoritarian but fascism to me is something that happens in addition to that; it implies a quest for some sort of cultural "purity."

    Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »
    I just can't see it as a 'male exploiter vs female exploited' situation, which I feel is the conventional viewpoint.
    From the article it feels more like 'male lonely/bitter damaged goods vs female desperation/opportunism' with a side order of self-delusion on both sides.

    The writer sums it up quite nicely by saying they basically want a wife who combines '50's subservience with 21st century bedroom antics.

    Bogart on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    start her back up.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.