As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What bugged me the most about that Uldaman run, I finish the dungeon and that Disc thing at the end has a grey exclamation mark over it. Meaning I couldn't get the quest. Why in the hell hasn't that quest level been lowered if they are going to toss level 38s in there?

edit: It was my first time through Ulda as horde, those dwarves dropped like 3 or 4 blues between them. Talk about Horde favoritism...

Seg on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: 80 #8, resto druid.

Ah ha! A challenger has stepped up to the plate, eh?

But seriously, congratulations!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also not being able to transfer the staff pieces between realms is shitty as shit.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited February 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Also not being able to transfer the staff pieces between realms is shitty as shit.

Well then it is a good thing that the person who got the base of our staff was the one who opened the chest for the other piece. (I went for the Trogg boss forgetting about the staff and then we went back for the Dwarves.)

Seg on
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Baby priest is 12 and rocking 2pc heirloom. OMG So much easier with almost 800 mana and +9 spellpower.
    Hate: Crossroads, though I don't want to do ghostlands and can do xroads quests in my sleep.
    Hope: Hope that I have enough time this week to farm up 65 badges to get the pve staff so that i can focus on T9 on my hunter.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    UncleChet wrote: »
    Happy: Baby priest is 12 and rocking 2pc heirloom. OMG So much easier with almost 800 mana and +9 spellpower.
    Hate: Crossroads, though I don't want to do ghostlands and can do xroads quests in my sleep.
    Hope: Hope that I have enough time this week to farm up 65 badges to get the pve staff so that i can focus on T9 on my hunter.

Remember you don't have to do all of ghostlands. Once you hit 15 you can say "adios suckers" and start queing. Some of the tranqulien rewards are useful for when you are starting out (belt, boots)

Nobody on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

The heirloom staff with the spellpower (healing power) enchant on it is like cheating at low levels.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited February 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

The heirloom staff with the spellpower (healing power) enchant on it is like cheating at low levels.

I'm working on the mighty int (MC chant) on weapon from a guy on my server. He wants like 300g for it, but it's like 17 or 20 int and is like the BiS enchant for priest i'm told.

But yeah, i like to cheat.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
    edited February 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »

I'm working on the mighty int (MC chant) on weapon from a guy on my server. He wants like 300g for it, but it's like 17 or 20 int and is like the BiS enchant for priest i'm told.

But yeah, i like to cheat.

Don't blame him for wanting 300. it's a bitch to get.

Been trying to run MC with my warlock every week to try and get any of the Spellpower or Int enchants, but no luck yet.

Gnutson on
    edited February 2010
    I don't blame him one bit. I'm just a cheap and stingey bastard. He was a cool guy though, but a bit of a braggart. I'll try to get him to make it for me next time I see him on. Then I just gotta get the weapon =)

UncleChet on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    FightTest wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    People should have seen that I was in starter tanking gear and specd frost but for some reason they thought I was Mr. Instant AoE/Burst dmg on all mobs tanking DK. I had a mage tell me to use DnD when he went balls out on the second target while I was stacking my diseases on the main target. I told him to piss off and left the group.

Frost is the instant AoE agro spec. Drop D&D, Howling Blast (glyphed to apply frost fever), then Blood Boil. I tank as frost on my DK and never have agro issues in heroics. There's no reason to bother with plague strike except on bosses. Howling Blast + Blood Boil will keep everything glued to you while tab targeting frost strikes and obliterates when HB is on cooldown.

Thanks. I have never been frost on any of the DKs I have attempted to lvl so I was wondering about the rotation. That one is different than the multi-mob rotation listed on EJ I will give her a try. You also remacro your attacks to apply the RS if up correct?

Jubal77 on
  • mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't blame him one bit. I'm just a cheap and stingey bastard. He was a cool guy though, but a bit of a braggart. I'll try to get him to make it for me next time I see him on. Then I just gotta get the weapon =)

if thats 300g with his mats find out what he'll charge if you supply mats. Typically 20g +mats for low level stuff is MORE than enough.

mturalon on
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The sheer comedic value of pugs these days almost makes up for the awfulness of some of them. So I'm in a pug for Halls of Reflection and we get down to the last part. The tank insists on tanking stuff near the cliff edge for some reason despite the huge landing strip of a path there and ends up falling off (more than once). They eventually quit the group and the healer bails right after. An even better tank/healer replace them and we finish up easily. So...we get to the end and the new healer? Need rolls on a caster ring....and then proceeds to need roll on a dps mace and quit group, port out. It's a pally so they've got no real use for a 1H dps mace at all. Obvious ninja in progress. It looks like the healer is going to get away with it....but! The one person who hasn't rolled sees what's up and rolls need on everything too(and manages to win one of the items). I'm just laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.

Poketpixie on
    edited February 2010
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    The sheer comedic value of pugs these days almost makes up for the awfulness of some of them. So I'm in a pug for Halls of Reflection and we get down to the last part. The tank insists on tanking stuff near the cliff edge for some reason despite the huge landing strip of a path there and ends up falling off (more than once). They eventually quit the group and the healer bails right after. An even better tank/healer replace them and we finish up easily. So...we get to the end and the new healer? Need rolls on a caster ring....and then proceeds to need roll on a dps mace and quit group, port out. It's a pally so they've got no real use for a 1H dps mace at all. Obvious ninja in progress. It looks like the healer is going to get away with it....but! The one person who hasn't rolled sees what's up and rolls need on everything too(and manages to win one of the items). I'm just laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.

Tell me he won the caster ring.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Forar wrote: »

I got my ninth last night. But #10 is only 42.

Soundwave on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Soundwave wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

I got my ninth last night. But #10 is only 42.

The only solution now is to have a guild-wide around-the-clock powerlevel session for your warlock.

Tyberius on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Poketpixie wrote: »

Tell me he won the caster ring.

yeah, joke's on the healer for leaving group. If you leave before teh roll you don't get your items. Unless he was just trying to screw the rest of the group over.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010
    mturalon wrote: »

if thats 300g with his mats find out what he'll charge if you supply mats. Typically 20g +mats for low level stuff is MORE than enough.

Why is 20g enough for a pattern that could take 20 or 30 or more runs through a level 60 raid that no one wants to go in anymore? I'm on run #10 and not a sniff for me of any of the enchants.

It's not just the enchanters 30seconds doing the enchant that counts as time spent.

300 may be on the high end, but I've seen the scrolls go for, and sell for 500-1000gold on the AH with people wanting to enchant their heirloom items.

Gnutson on
    edited February 2010
    It all depends on the person.

I absolutely hate the stuck up bitches in the higher end raiding guilds though.

"Hi would you be willing to craft X for me?"
    "How much are you tipping?"
    "Well, I'm not going to goose you."
    "200g or no deal."
    "Well, I'm sure there's someone who won't be such a god damned silly goose about it. Tips are meant for good service, you're asking for a fee or payment on top of supplying my own mats. Thanks but no thanks."

Saronite Swordbreakers, I'm looking at you. And yeah, I was probably going to tip that much anyways at the time, but man what a goose.

bowen on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What I used to do, and can't anymore, is give my mats to Ish. She'd then go trick her guildies into making things, and then I'd be happy. I avoided talking to higher end raiders completely! Err... except for Ish.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2010
    I don't ask for up front fees for any enchants, including the agility ones i had to farm Timbermaw rep to get.

But I can see why so many people do after getting a tip of 0 with no thanks at all, and not just once.

My favorite was the guy that had his hearth on cooldown, so I went to Ironforge, did 15 agility to his 2 heirloom daggers, waited 5 minutes while he went and got the mats from the AH because he "screwed up and counted wrong LOL BRB" and got a grand total of "Thanks Dude!"

He's whispered me for other enchants since then, but I always seem to be busy with something..

-whistles innocently-

Gnutson on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hell, 200 gold is nothing.

I've seen periods where the top raid guild, being the only people capable of making certain things, would charge 1.5x materials. You'd get the item/enchant, and the guild would get the extra materials for their own people.

At the end of the day, it all depends on what you're willing to pay based on how badly you want/need the enchant or crafted item.

Personally, I'm one of the folks who will do without if it's not available at a reasonable price, but I don't fault craftspeople who charge a fee. Hell, I've been one of those people charging a fee (guild required or otherwise), and I've even had people tip me on top of that.

There's nothing wrong with pricing out what you're getting and walking away from a bad deal, but I see nothing wrong with people naming a price. They're free to name it, and I'm free to walk away if a more sensible deal can't be negotiated. It's not like they have your geese in a vice or anything here.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited February 2010
    200g is a lot for someone that raids and doesn't farm/daily grind. Ever since I regemmed my new gear a few weeks back I've been hovering at 400g total on my main.

I'd never use someone else's mats though, and pay for the costs that way. Those kind of geese can go fuck themselves in the cloaca.

bowen on
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The secret is to do the enchant and not hit trade until they put money up.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The secret is to do the enchant and not hit trade until they put money up.

Oh god yes. Most of the time people will get pissy and say something like, "I'll just get a guildie to get it!". Which is fine, because a guildie is most likely to do it for free. But you came to me, made me run around SW looking for your ass because your hearth was down, blah blah blah. We've all been here before, we know how it goes.

I once had a guy ask me for some paladin glyphs. So here I am, sitting around in IF, waiting as he runs to the AH and back to the bank. After about 15 minutes I say, "You know, I charge for every 5 minutes of waiting I have to do."

Big tip was big.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Noticed someone in trade offering a Nobles Deck for 3.5k last night when the ones up on the AH were around 5-5.5k (and the one up the other day was around 7.5k, despite the price if you bought each of the cards yourself at that time was around 4.8k, but card prices went up now that the Faire is here), the person was a level 2 character, so I thought it was a joke or scam, they also used 'lol' as punctuation and it was kind of annoying talking to them. They claimed they had it though, so I went to Org and sure enough the deck was mine. Flew right over to Shat and turned it in for my Shaman's new Agility Greatness card for his Enhancement set.

Also Happy: Finally got around to finding out how you get Jeeves made. 15-20 minutes killing the library guardians in Storm Peaks and the schematic was mine. Had to run down into BRD to pick up the older Field Bot schematic, which I've run right by before without grabbing unknowingly, collected some of the mats I needed, bought 7 Titansteel (made the other one) for about 150G each or so and Jeeves is now at my Paladin's beck and call.

Dranyth on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Once I had an enchanter bitch to his friend in /say about how shitty my 25g tip was when I got SP to gloves from him with my mats, which is like learnable from the trainer at 400 enchanting skill or something so it's not like it was something he had to farm or buy with daily tokens.

Opty on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It all depends on the person.

I absolutely hate the stuck up bitches in the higher end raiding guilds though.

"Hi would you be willing to craft X for me?"
    "How much are you tipping?"
    "Well, I'm not going to goose you."
    "200g or no deal."
    "Well, I'm sure there's someone who won't be such a god damned silly goose about it. Tips are meant for good service, you're asking for a fee or payment on top of supplying my own mats. Thanks but no thanks."

Saronite Swordbreakers, I'm looking at you. And yeah, I was probably going to tip that much anyways at the time, but man what a goose.

I had someone make my DK's Swordbreakers and I tipped him 100g. He refused the trade and said "too much." I dropped it to 50 and he accepted but still said it was too much. Some people.

TAKE MY MONEY, DAMN YOU.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The only time I say that is when guildies want me to make them something.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The whole tipping issue is exactly why I'm glad they made enchants sellable on the AH. If I can't get it from somebody in the guild, I'll just hit up the AH. And if it's not there, well I can wait.

Dealing with random people who all have their own rules is too much of a headache. Kind of an odd stance to take with an MMO, but there ya go.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    edited February 2010
    The only time I say that is when guildies want me to make them something.

A guildie tried to pay me 10g for a portal to dalaran. I would have felt funny taking it. On the other hand if I had crafted something for him I would have accepted a tip if he offered.

Seg on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    We don't really have "favoritism" we have "If my bf/husband can't raid, neither will I" which leads us into most cases we are in.

Aka 4k dps lock on festergut.

we had one of those in the close knit guild I used to be in (more on that in a minute) Dps dk that felt the need to drag his pet vagina around on all our raids bogging down our progress and no one felt the need to really call him on it besides me and maybe two other people. He used to bitch at our Enhance shaman for not healing at times to which his reply was, "If you get to never spec to tank, why am I doing it to heal?" Our guild leader really was worthless though, It got so bad at one point that I basically "took over" because he couldn't be assed to get anything done.

The sad part about the dps dk is that his gf really was a sweetheart. Just a terrible player. Me and some other folk worked with her, recommending gear and rotations and we got her up from terrible to "okay..I guess" At least she was able to break 2k dps by the time we were through with her.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So, just had this guy do a solid 1.3k DPS over a H HoL run.

I'm not really sure what else to say, other than I just had a night of rougher randoms than I'm used to.

My mage got a Paladin Tank virtually as well geared as mine, who couldn't really hold threat well at all.

My tank got that guy above and a DK from my server who kept telling me to 'go' when I paused for a few seconds twice during the run. One was to type and make sure the healer could heal us through staying in on Loken. Look, until you build up a tanking set so you can pull at your own pace, shut it. Was probably a little kid or something. Could DPS ok at least.

And my Shaman's random was also H HoL, healing of course, which was ok except for some deaths that I couldn't help, mostly to the overgeared Fury Warrior who insisted on going nuts. This being just after I ran my H PoS (still no leggings from Ick) in which we had an overgeared Fury Warrior who kept pulling off the well-geared DK tank and dying on bosses. Oh, and he started running out of Ick's Poison Nova waaay too late and got caught by it. Tyrannus took god damn ages, because the guy pulled aggro *right* as the DK tank got punted, so there was some confusion since he was trying to kite before realizing Tyrannus wasn't following yet and could taunt him. This was at about 70%. The Hunter and Shadow Priest combined did about as much DPS as the Warrior did when alive, but because of all the Brands going out, they had to keep stopping and such. Ugh.

Dranyth on
  • QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Decided to run Heroic Halls of Reflection for the tank neck on a whim. First time I've ever intentionally queued for it. Fossilized Ammonite Choker get!

QuantumQuark on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Did a pug heroic VH; everyone was zoned in and ready, but once the event got started, the tank dropped out. So the option was a repair bill, or running out and getting hit by the debuff.

Is VH now one of those instances that "take too long"? I'd have thought by the time the tank requeued, VH would be close to finishing.

Also did a heroic HoR. The rogue in the group dies on something like the 2nd wave. Any other instance, if some dps gets agro, it's not a problem, because I can usually outheal it, but in HoR, there can be so much group damage going on, that I can't compensate for rogues that don't appear to have the vanish button on their skill bar.

So this led to the inevitable wipe on the boss, as the group had fairly low dps anyway, with the boss being on 20% after the 4th fear.

So we start again, and unbelievably, when we hit the boss, I hit bloodlust to really make sure, and yet somehow, with the rogue being alive this time, we wipe again at 20% after the 4th fear.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Did a pug heroic VH; everyone was zoned in and ready, but once the event got started, the tank dropped out. So the option was a repair bill, or running out and getting hit by the debuff.
    You could teleport out of the instance without getting a debuff. The debuff is only from leaving the group.

SabreMau on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    After begging all week for a run or interest in a run for last week's raid of Instructor Razuvious I come to find out not much to my surpirse people are just doing it as guild only runs
    I got people who figured it was the last day

THis week's raid had a chance to get interesting with Sartharion but instead the good old bait and swtich and we get Patchwerk

Brainleech on
    edited February 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    So, just had this guy do a solid 1.3k DPS over a H HoL run.

I'm not really sure what else to say, other than I just had a night of rougher randoms than I'm used to.

Those are some pretty solid numbers for someone in Arms spec, with tank gear, dual wielding, pretty much ungemmed and unenchanted -- with an avg item level of about 200.

bowen on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Loremaster of Kalimdor! Now a bit less than a 100 to go for Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms

Happy: Looking for Multitudes.

Hate: It was Occ. I ended up in as DPS (yes, I queued as DPS). Naturally we have people drop right at the beginning, and we then have a hunter say the dreaded words: "I've never been here before." We get through the first boss, then the tank drops because the hunter was having trouble following instructions on picking up his drake and coming up. He finally comes up, and since I ended up with lead, I just say "fuck it" swap to my tank gear and spec and take over tanking the run. We get a enh shaman to replace the previous tank.

We get through the next two bosses, then run into trouble on Eregos because I realize right before the pull that while I volunteered to be green, the other green was the newbie hunter and we had nobody on red. Wipe, natch. We get back up to Eregos, with me on red this time, and the warlock in the group says "screw this," pulls Eregos and teleports out. Healer also leaves. We get two replacements and finish up.

I then realize that the warlock who pulled the dick move is on my realm, send him some scathing tells when I get out of the instance and put him on ignore.

Hate: While I got the pug pet, my Occ bag didn't have the drake :(

Nobody on
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hate: Day of the raid, the 3rd tank for my 25 man ICC lets me know that he can't make it, as he has to go to a birthday party. So I have 2 hours to find a well geared tank, preferably a paladin, in the middle of the day when few people are on. I eventually give up, and decide I'll have to force one of my DPS to switch to their tank spec/toon.

Alright: Fishing daily was Dangerously Delicious, which means I could at least get feast mats.

HAPPY: While fishing in my favorite winterspring hidden spot, a warlock lands and starts fishing next to me. He asks if I'm catching any salmon, I answer a few. Then he does a double take and says "Hey, aren't you the one running the 25 man later? Got room for one more? I have a 40k unbuffed tankadin."

Giggle: I later tell my raid that I found him in my bag of fishing treasures.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
This discussion has been closed.