As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dwarf cancels mine: Interrupted by Bandwagon (Dwarf Victory)

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Not at all, you're just really verbose and I don't like to read.

You know, cause I'm a dwarf.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have to be good at something, Dusda.

lonelyahava on
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Roman for sherriff.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Glad to see my campaign starting to gain some support. I am here to mention that i will be holding a campaign rally at the Dining room/Meeting Place in 2 hours. I may or may not dish up some dirt on my competitors, but all are welcome. Yes even you Lawn.

romanqwerty on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would like to have more power than a simple peasant.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Law

You have something better?

Present it to the throne!

we shall consider the options!

But at the moment, the campaign suspension has been lifted!

you should make Dunadan sheriff.

you all know why.

also, Malkor is evil.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    Madam expidition leader, ladies and gentledwarves. I stand before you on this humble iron chair,crafted by the late Rawkking Goodguy son of Rawkking Greatguy, myself a simple peasent. A dwarf peasent with a vision.

I remember a time when there weren't goblins in our mist. When the elephent was safely chained at the entrence, protecting our lair from kobolds. When refuse piles weren't stinking up our barracks and deep mushrooms we're grown by the acre and satisfied all our food and drink needs. I remember a time, when merchants weren't scared to set foot in our kingdom, and tales of our wonderful crafts attracted migrant carravans from far off lands.

I'm here today, present to you a simple seven step plan to ensure the dwarf clan lives and prospers come the next year.

Step 1: Kill all the Goblins
    Step 2: Get that damned elephant either chained up good an proper or roasted for a fine meal the whole clan can enjoy.
    Step 3: Kill all the Goblins
    Step 4: Ensure only the finest dwarves are sent out to gather meat, fish and herbs for drink so that we are never hungry.
    Step 5: Kill all the Goblins
    Step 6: Set up a council of nobles so that our decisions can be advised by the smartest dwarves
    and finally,
    Step 7: Kill all the Goblins

With that simple seven step plan, I promise that soon dwarves everywhere will feel safe again and if you start feeling a bit strange, i will personally provide whatever it is you need to stop you going insane and murdering yourself or the town because no one wants that. I'll take any questions you have now.

Thank you and good night.

romanqwerty on
    edited February 2010
    jokes are good and fine roman, but I run a campaign based on results.

Dunadan019 on
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

What results are you talking about. Lets not make promises we can't guarantee Duna.

romanqwerty on
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

What results are you talking about. Lets not make promises we can't guarantee Duna.

I'm not.

that's the point.

Dunadan019 on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Okay guys, if only to have some sort of division of power we really should not elect the sheriff that our expedition leader chooses. If our leader was a goblin, allowing her to hand pick the other representatives would be disastrous. As he is the strongest other candidate at this moment, I'm going to support TheLawinator.

Also: A dwarf has entered a strange mood. If this is anything like the game, the dwarf is going to need a bunch of different raw materials to forge into something awesome. We know that we had a metalworker, so we must also have Dwarves capable of gathering resources.

If you are capable of collecting different types of resources, diversify ASAP so that the moody dwarf gets what he or she needs.

If the dwarf completes whatever it is he/she is making, then hopefully the dwarf's name will be announced and we will all have someone to trust.

I'd also like to point out that the goblins might have killed jdarksun because they thought he was going to be the expedition leader--so the goblins are probably people who were active early yesterday, but not later on when ahava was leading. Something to look into.

Aaaaaand Shalmelo for fitting the criteria and being slightly sketchy. If he turns out evil, I'll bet Ahava is too.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    I'm not gonna dodge the question, its a bit iffy that ahava trusts me. I'd like to make it clear, that should i get evidence of her pulling shenanigans, i will not hesitate to put her in cage.

The strange mood is not a good sign. In the game it is usually a very rare/ specific item(s) and if its not found fast enough, bad things happen and i'm campaigning for notbad things to happen. I don't claim to be able to prevent every bad thing, remember this is Dwarf Fortress after all, just lessen them.

Also, the kill on Jdarksun is very interesting. I'm not willing to bet on a goblin fuckup, especially as they would have had a full complement. My guess is that there we're two kills and ahava got luckily guarded and that the mafia we're trying to get someone else elected. I don't know. Someone like The Lawinator.

P.S. This vote has no political motivations behind it. None.

romanqwerty on
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Savant, I think you're mistaken. We started with one day's supply of booze and food, so the work schedule created by Ahava is for tonight's narration and so we don't know yet if they'll all perform their duties, although I agree with you that the goblins won't make themselves so glaringly obvious this early, so they probably all will, regardless of alignment.

I'm not sure who to vote for Sheriff at this time. Normally, I'd vote myself as a safe vote, but I don't want to embarrass myself further with targetting like last game.

edit: Sorry ahava, as much as I enjoy your posts, roleplaying involves too much work.

Jaenther on
    edited February 2010
    Bremen wrote: »
    Not in the game (yet, hopefully), but...

Hahahah, you guys moved into Boatmurdered, you're all doomed.

Now might be a good time to mention I was one of the rulers of Boatmurdered.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    ok, I'm reading the boatmurdered thing. Can someone explain why mining adamantine makes the game unplayable?

Jaenther on
  • UnsaltedUnsalted Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's read "fun", not unplayable.

:winky:
    Sorry, Im not in this Phalla!
    :winky:

Unsalted on
    edited February 2010
    Jaenther wrote: »
    ok, I'm reading the boatmurdered thing. Can someone explain why mining adamantine makes the game unplayable?

Oh, no reason, except that it leads to some hidden fun stuff

jackisreal on
  • WhiteWolfWhiteWolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Romanqwerty will make a good sheriff I think.

Not sure who to string up yet. Will make a decision later.

WhiteWolf on
    edited February 2010
    WhiteWolf wrote: »
    Romanqwerty will make a good sheriff I think

Why?

I just feel like we shouldn't be having one person (Ahava) call all the shots at this point when everything is unproven.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    Let me make this clear. I am in no way Ahava's puppet. Then only thing we have is an understanding that i'm not evil. i don't know anything about her and am more than willing to put her on the chopping block. That said, she's yet to do something dodgy.

romanqwerty on
  • WhiteWolfWhiteWolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't think the goblins would be stupid enough to show ties to themselves so early. If odd things happen, and we decide to kill one of them, lets say ahava, then theres a good chance that means roman is a goblin too and we already have a new target. I don't think the goblins would compromise themselves like this.

WhiteWolf on
    edited February 2010
    Well, here's what I learned: "On the item is an image of a dwarf and a elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf." Good night, all.

Jaenther on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Guys...what the hell?

This was totally my idea so I should be sheriff. Do you not remember how kickin rad my beard is? It menaces with spikes of turtle shell. Menaces
    Typhus733

Typhus733 on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am a 100% neutral party, and as such, make the best Sheriff possible REG Rysk

REG Rysk on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Neutral? Neutral?! That is elephant talk right there. Or is it trumpeting? Either way REG Rysk

I'm not sure who would make a good sheriff yet though.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jaenther wrote: »

"Moria. You fear to go into those mines. The Dwarves dug too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dum... shadow and flame."

Bremen on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan, son of Dunamike, Clan of the Nineteen Hammers, I have asked you to partake in the awesome job of gathering food and ale for our expedition. Is this quest not good enough for you? Is providing your kin and fellow dwarves with sustenance to continue living and mining as we should not worthy enough of you?

You feel that you were meant for something greater? We shall see, Dunadan, son of Dunamike. We shall see.

As for myself, I have been speaking through the night with Roman, son of Grecian, Clan of the Anvil of Qwerty. He does not trust me. He calls me a goblin to my face and insults my beard. That is well and good. For I do not trust him. I have called Roman, son of Grecian, a goblin to his face as well.

I do not put his name forward to be Sheriff because he and I are longtime friends and companions. No, I put his name forward to be Sheriff because he will always keep a fresh eye out for trouble. He will be vigilant in his discipline, and he will not fail to bring forth any knowledge that he has or finds out simply out of fear or misplaced loyalties.

The others of you, many others of you, I have had dealings with in the past, There are influences a plenty to go around. But my relationship with Roman, son of Grecian, Clan of the Anvil of Qwerty is as such fledgling, new, and untested. Two dwarves who trust each other not are the best dwarves we have to put into these positions.

That is all.

lonelyahava on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey now, I would make a superior Sheriff so we don't let Ahava get all high'n'mighty. I am suspicious of goblin-ness and brilliant roleplaying posts which seem like a goblin thing to do...to throw us off track.

I can find no place to put my red vote from what I see, I fear another RNG if somebody doesn't MAKE themselves suspicious immediately. That is all.

VOTE FOR RYSK!

REG Rysk on
    edited February 2010
    I woudl do something to make fun of you Reg, son of Irreg, Clan of the Rysk Board, but you said my Roleplay was brilliant.

So you get a pass for now.

lonelyahava on
    edited February 2010
    I do not put his name forward to be Sheriff because he and I are longtime friends and companions. No, I put his name forward to be Sheriff because he will always keep a fresh eye out for trouble. He will be vigilant in his discipline, and he will not fail to bring forth any knowledge that he has or finds out simply out of fear or misplaced loyalties.

The others of you, many others of you, I have had dealings with in the past, There are influences a plenty to go around. But my relationship with Roman, son of Grecian, Clan of the Anvil of Qwerty is as such fledgling, new, and untested. Two dwarves who trust each other not are the best dwarves we have to put into these positions.

That is all.

Distancing yourself from your companion with rhetoric is of no use in the wake of my accusation.

Once again, I urge everyone to vote for a non Ahava-sponsored Sheriff. At this point, we might as well gather around Lawinator, though if any other candidate picks up steam they will have my backing as well.

jackisreal on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    jackisreal wrote: »

That is all.

Distancing yourself from your companion with rhetoric is of no use in the wake of my accusation.

Once again, I urge everyone to vote for a non Ahava-sponsored Sheriff. At this point, we might as well gather around Lawinator, though if any other candidate picks up steam they will have my backing as well.

Makes sense to me. Jackisreal for sheriff, even if he does support the dubious lynch-shalmelo platform.

Also, I don't think it necessarily follows to assume that jdarksun was killed because he was leading the Expedition Leader vote. It's pretty clear that he had a great deal of knowledge about the source material. If I were a goblin (hint: I'm not), I probably would have offed him just for that.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    REG rysk since I have nothing better to go off of. Jackisreal because I also don't really have anything better.

Zellpher on
    edited February 2010
    Judas, son of Kime, Clan of the Darksun, was not leading the Leadership vote. If the count that I had access to was correct, I won the vote cleanly. There were no shenanigans or trickles happening. I won that vote, and he died.

lonelyahava on
    edited February 2010
    You see how ahava speaks of winning plainly and then the competition being OFFED? Suspect...

REG Rysk on
  • LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    goddamniwantedabreaktodaybutnoooofrigginahavamaybei'lldrinksomeale

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, mah fellow dwarfy-warfy friiiiieeeeendddssss, ah guesh dat I'll be holdin' off on votin' since ah have to make aaaaaaaaaaaaalllllleeeeeee. Or mayyyyyybe ahm too sloshed--or hammered, hee hee! Dat'sh fuuuuuunnnnyyy! Ahm sho fuuuunnyy! Coz we're dwarves, see? We hhhaaammmmmeeerrrr shtuff! Anywaysh, I gesh I'm too

DRUNKY

to caaaarrrrrreeeeeeeyyyyy! Hee hee hee

*thunk*
    Don't you dare make this affect gameplay, Bremen.
    I mean it.
    actually that would be really funny

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
    edited February 2010
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

<3<3<3<3

Oh Lemming, Daughter of Mink, Clan of the Frothy Head, You are a treasure for all Dwarfdom. Rockawesome.

lonelyahava on
    edited February 2010
    Judas, son of Kime, Clan of the Darksun, was not leading the Leadership vote. If the count that I had access to was correct, I won the vote cleanly. There were no shenanigans or trickles happening. I won that vote, and he died.

What I said was that Darksun was leading for a long, long time--and many people voted/did their actions while he was ahead, and then never came back. Many dwarves were simply not around when you took the lead, and so wouldn't have had the chance to change their actions.

I am suggesting that these dwarves are not dwarves at all, but in fact possible goblins.

Unless of course you would like to suggest that Darksun would have remained the target anyways, because you are a filthy goblin.

jackisreal on
    edited February 2010
    hey, they might jsut be goblins.

I know that I myself am not a goblin.

lonelyahava on
    edited February 2010
    Zellpher wrote: »
    REG rysk since I have nothing better to go off of. Jackisreal because I also don't really have anything better.

As much as I would like to support myself for Sheriff, I really feel like I am not going to make it through the night and so would kindly ask you to vote for someone else, say, Lawinator.

jackisreal on
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That reasoning can make a lot of sense, but with a full complement this early on in the game, it's a lot less likely than jdarksun being killed simply because he knows the source.

Sounds like something dunadan019 might do!

garroad_ran on