As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadowrun (IC)

124»

• Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Jack walks over to the bar and pours himself a drink, then takes a seat in one of the chairs. Leaning back in the chair the stoney expression on his face fades into that of one quite relaxed individual. "Aaaaah... thats better. If Mr. Hemerson would rather pay us to sit in this room rather than allow us to do our job, I am inclined to let him."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Luke also pours himself a stiff drink before settling contentedly into one of the couches.

"As much as I like cars and guns, booze certainly still has its pull."
    Taking a big sip, he then moves to lie on the couch.

"Think they're listening? Do we want them to be if they are?"

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Galack stands, forsaking the comfortability of the couches, wanting to be alert at a moments notice. Being left alone in a strange room was not something at the top of his list of times to be comfortable. He nervously eyes the door, his fists clenching periodically, and lets his companions idle conversation wash over him. He is ready.

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    "I'd think less of them if they weren't listening." Marcus quipped as he walked over to the bar. "Now, I wonder how far I can push this hospitality..."

Quickly he shook his head, and just poured himself a glass.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There is a click from the door, and flanked by two of the men in black, a middle aged Japanese man comes in. He's fat, the kind of fat you see in a thin man whose had too many good dinners, and his nose bares some of the marks of burst capilaries, as if he drinks, but only the good stuff. But then, you could be taking that information off his suit. You've earned some good money in your time. Not enough to retire on, but enough to make a good start of it. But every cent you've earned, every cent you've ever spent, looks like it would barely cover this guy's suit. And the way he's wearing it, suggests that its the kind of thing he throws on every monday.

The man walks over to the chair right by the door and sits down, crossing his legs as he relaxes, visibly unbothered by your presence, or by the fact that you are armed. Its a statement of power and his confidence in his bodyguards.

"Now Gentlemen, why would we be concerned about anything you had to say? You're just honest employees of Mr. Hemerson. Its not like you have access to confidential knowledge, or a critical secret that could destroy all of Shiawase."

"My apologies. I forgot to introduce myself. My Name is Shimazu Tadaku. I.... outrank Mr. Hemerson in the company. I'd offer you a business card but this meeting and what follows it never really happened."

"To get to the point of this meeting gentlemen, an EVP of Shiawase was attacked today. They attempted to either murder or kidnap him. This is unacceptable. The attackers almost surely knew that Mr. Hemerson was a high-ranking Shiawase employee. They disregarded this and chose to assault him, in his very own limo. IN A SHIAWASE LIMO." Tadaku screams.

His next statement is in a normal voice, without inflection or even a hint of emotion "They feel that Shiawase's protection is worthless. They think it is okay to screw with us, that we have no weight on the street. That is also very, very unacceptable. Unfortunately we do not wish to cause a war between ourselves and the residents of the Z-zone in which these gangers dwell. This eliminates the option of using corporate troops in a reprisal. We would surely win any war, but the costs were quickly run through contingency planning and it was estimated to cost 500 million nuyen. A small expenditure, but still unreasonable to just send a message."

"The normal.....gentlemen with home we would send a message have very little weight in this area. They are mostly concentrated in California and the Pacific coast. There are some of them out here, but not enough to wage a full scale gang war 24/7 until the gang is gone."

"There is also the concern that any over action could have as regrettable a consequence for us as it did for our Renraku cousins in Seattle."

"And that is when the board turned towards you gentlemen as the solution. Shiawase wishes to discreetly employ your services for a very dangerous contract. The elimination of the gang that attacked Mr. Hemerson earlier today. These so-called Flesh-Reapers."

"We have limited intelligence on them unfortunately. They were not regarded as an MIFD priority. You will have to discover your own intelligence on them. You can eliminate them through either force of through the legal system, many of them are wanted by Lone Star. But they must be gone gentlemen. To the last member of the gang. No members in training, no regular members and certainly no leaders must be allowed to walk free."

"Because of the danger and the length of service this contract implies, there will be a singular payment. 3 million nuyen up-front, and 3 million nuyen when the job is done. Any expenditures will have to come from that. And the job must be done within 2 months. 60 days gentlemen. However you choose to do it is your business. Proving to us the gang is dead is MIFD's. But the job must be done and done quickly. Anything you choose to steal from the gang is of course, yours to keep."

"Well gentlemen, what do you say?"

Rchanen on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    A slow smile creeps across Damien's face. "So, you want us to kill a bunch of people? For money?" A chuckle rises from deep within him. "Do we get extra points if we bring all the bodies here? Anyway, don't worry about the Lone Star getting involved. The only way they're coming into this is if I need to extract some information. It's rare I get to kill someone who completely deserves it, and they're going to die how they accordingly." Damien turns to face the rest of his partners. "C'mon, what're you waiting for? Let's go raze them to the ground and salt the earth."

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Marcus raises a brow. "Now this-.. this is an interesting contract." He takes a swig from the glass, swirling it around a bit. "The particulars might need a few more details, but by all counts, I'm in."

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Luke speaks from the couch.
    "Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. Nobodies going to miss 'em and their boss is almost certainly loaded. Could be difficult though, especially if we gotta get the whole lot and not just top the leaders. Obscene amounts of violence appear to be our forte though."

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    As soon as the door opens Jack's relaxed demeaner is replaced by the now familiar mask of sincerety.

After the offer is made, Jack leans back and after a momentary silence, listening to the other members voice their opinion, Jack speaks up. "Well, I have to agree, this is a much more interesting contract that I previously thought. As for the police being involved? Somehow I dont think the gangs are in the Law's good graces, and I dont plan on calling them in. The leaders will most likely require a bit of espionage to take out, fortunately that is my specialty, and at million plus salvage? I do believe you have purchased my services Mr. Tadaku."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Damien hits his forehead, as if he just remembered something. "Oh, hey, are we still watching that Hemroid guy or whatever? Should we kill him too? I wouldn't mind, he was kind of whiny."

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Mr Shimazu responds with a pointed glare towards Damien,

"No, protecting Mr. Hemerson is no longer your responsibility. This board feels.... regret that the threats toward his life proved to be more real than was previously thought. To make up for this, a contract for his personal security has been taken out with Wolverine Security. It is felt that their staff should be more than adequate to protect Mr. Hemerson while you sort out this... problem."

"As for the particulars, well those are up to you gentleman. Our offer is simple, 6 million nuyen wired to whichever account or accounts you so choose. But given our lack of intel and armaments, you will have to provide any other services yourselves, out of your own funds. 3 million down to begin with, 3 million when the job ends."

"This is all we have to offer you gentlemen. Money for the job. The rest you will have to do yourselves."

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    "Well, if thats all the information you can provide, then we had better get moving." Jack stands up and finishes his drink in a swallow and places the glass on the bar. "I believe we will discuss how to divide the initial ammount and we will contact you, or someone here, with the accounts for the money to be transferred to. It was nice meeting you, and if you will excuse us I believe we have some reconnaissance that needs starting." Jack moves back to where he was seated but remains standing at attention, waiting for Mr. Tadaku to be on his way.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    "Well, I'm certainly in... we're all agreed?" Galack had taken a few minutes to take it all in, and though he was a bit wary of the offer, the money was certainly hard to pass up. "An even split, I assume?" He cracks his knuckles, eager to get on with the job, it has now been days since hes gotten to... participate in any action.

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    "Well Gentlemen, then we are all agreed. It's been a pleasure never doing business with you. This meeting, which never happened has been very uninformative. And the money, which will most certainly not be routed to your accounts through a series of shell companies, will not arrive in your accounts in the next couple of days. You should most certainly not talk to Mr. Hemerson about that."

With that, Shimazu pushes himself up from his chair with a grunt and some effort from his arms. Standing, he bows very slightly, then turns and walks out the door, flanked by the men in black. A second later, there is no hint that this meeting ever took place, and the door is still standing open, waiting for you to depart.

And the sun finally rises above the windows, taking the last of the glare with it, and plunging the lounge into a darker shade of tan. Whether you've been left in the dark, or are just heading out into the light, you can't really tell.

But time keeps on moving.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Luke swivels around on the couch, bringing himself back into a seated position. Slamming back the remainder of his drink he remarks

"Looks like we've got ourselves a new job to do. Should be entertaining. Do we get to keep the limo you think?"

He gets up and walks over to the bar, placing the glass carefully on the smooth surface before leaning against the bar looking towards the remainder of the group.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    "Untill they take the keys I say its ours. As for the information we need, I have a contact that might know something, and if not, he should know who does. I assume you all will be doing the same. Lets contact who we know now, and pool our information and see where we need to go from there. Untill we have some sort of information, I dont think there is a whole lot we can do."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    "We're going to need to ask around a bit, here... but in the meantime, what do we need?"

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    "I know a guy who might be able to find something. We should probably hold out on purchases until we have a better idea what we're up against, wouldn't want to waste any of the cash. Probably can't go wrong with ammo and guns though."

Chrysis on