As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Clawshrimp and Co: Under New Management (PA ALLY PvE Guild)

• DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i AM definitely coming on the raid today, but coming straight from work, so I may roll in 5 or so mins late.

:)

Arl

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    What time do you guys raid. I've been considering a transfer/new character for a while, especially with the new patch out.

My server, most people don't raid till late and night and I can't ever do it.

Jasconius on
  • LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    2PM server time (PST) on Sunday afternoons.

LeftOnRed on
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Last few raids I attended were at 6PM, I came for 6 out of habit, or some other convenient excuse like that. Sorry I missed the run, glad it still went well.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ToC in 2 days! Joy!

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'll be there, I'll be queer, and I'll have a puink mohawk comemerating the moment.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, that went smooth. Altogether too much sharded gear, though. Maybe we should give ICC a try in a couple weeks where every item's an upgrade.

SabreMau on
    edited January 2010
    We went and played with the trash a bit after the raid. And then tried to first boss for shits and giggles. Hilarity and death ensued. Probably gonna clear out ToGC before pushing harder into ICC.

LeftOnRed on
    edited January 2010
    After the raid? You kept going afterwards? I just logged off at the end because I had to leave for work. Gotta use the strategy, can't really just lol through Marrowgar. It's also very healing-intensive.

And ToGC gear isn't strictly necessary. More ToC would work just fine, but cashing in Frost emblems for gear would be even better. You can probably even pass the gear threshold easily just by stockpiling and using Triumph emblems that fall out of everyday cookie jars (and don't forget the Crusader Orb craftables, which are ToC25/ToGC10-level epics you can use Triumph emblems to buy the Orbs for).

SabreMau on
  • AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yep, some people left or were already locked out of icc so we picked up some other members from the guild and went rep grinding. Killed all the trash before Marrowgar without too much trouble so we decided to give him a go.

We didn't have good enough DPS for the spikes so they were killing people left and right.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited January 2010
    I was one of those locked people, but I stayed in vent afterward. It was worth it just to hear you all as you attempted Marrowgar. About 10 seconds in all I hear is "We are not ready for this."

Still, I think it would be worth attempting in a more organized situation. I'm all for giving it a go in the next couple weeks.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    edited January 2010
    So being 4 hours later than the server really hampers raid scheduling correctly since I have alot of sutff I do in the morning... Like classes at 6.....

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    edited January 2010
    I do believe the thread title needs to change to "Under new management".

Anyway, ToGC was quite the eye opener, but the backup ToC was plenty smooth. Good job everyone.

SightTDW on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Who's running it now?

Sorry I've not been around much, but let me just say that Assassin's Creed II is fantastic.

SteevL on
    edited January 2010
    5 officers are now running it with some random level 1 alt as the GM.

Here's the post explaining the new ranks.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • B-ROCK-22B-ROCK-22 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DE_BrushedCho.jpg

there is your 50 cal NOW who is going to be president

B-ROCK-22 on
  • DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    just to update people, had a nice solid clear of the first wing of ICC10 today.

good job, folks. this was a big step for us!

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Congraturation!

Kreutz on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aye, congrats!

SteevL on
    edited February 2010
    so Bengal catsTiger_Royal_Bengal_Bandavgarh.jpg to mongeese 75831414.i7t4p42k._MG_2043copy.jpg she has to be a mean herder

B-ROCK-22 on
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You know we have our own forums for that kind of stuff, you silly goose?

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited February 2010
    We are kind of sort of recruiting for great justice.

Flush with success in ICC10, we would like to see a few more people in our guild to help rotate in/out on raid nights, and if we get enough mans we would like to attempt a 25 person raid.

We need tanks and healers (doesn't everybody?). If you like to dps, it would be best if you were a hybrid so that you can fill several roles. We are fairly bloated in the 'DPS Only' category, but truthfully all are welcome. We are all adults and have no problem rotating people in and out so everyone gets a shot.

If you are looking for an Alliance Penny-Arcade guild, maybe you can find a home on Draenor. /join PA for the chat channel, and talk to Zilcoe, Celic, Blusella, Wildschwein or Arlenth and we'll get you an invite.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • planetes42planetes42 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow -- huge big time congrats to you guys on clearing the first wing!!!!!!

When are you raiding? My healer is usually spoken for for 10's, but I've got a dps & a marginally undergeared tank that might could help out.

planetes42 on
    edited February 2010
    We raid at 2pm PST on Sundays

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited February 2010
    so no posting silly goose stuff like that or is you messing with this goose:?:

B-ROCK-22 on
    edited February 2010
    So you're posting stuff that only pertains to guild chat on a message board that can be read by the whole internet.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited February 2010
    /gkick Noisymunk

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2010
    AfroJ wrote: »
    /gkick Noisymunk

Damnit, the server isn't even up yet!

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Eh no more /gkicks on Noisy how about no pally buffs? I like this idea ALOT.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    edited February 2010
    If we do that we'll have to make sure Zilc doesn't make him any ghetto blasters.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited February 2010
    AfroJ wrote: »
    If we do that we'll have to make sure Zilc doesn't make him any ghetto blasters.

Noooo! Don't take away my bongos!

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Ylon would kill if he didn't get ghetto kings.

LeftOnRed on
    edited February 2010
    OP is due for some updates. Might as well just take off the player list for the time being, until we get that sorted out.

SightTDW on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man I wish I could stay interested in this game anymore, for more than a couple weeks. I haven't played since December, and getting my account hacked didn't help but to kill my interest all the more.

Really good to hear you guys are doing well. I still have Zhurai around, so maybe I'll eventually get back in the mood to heal again... of course, my gear will be terrible so maybe it doesn't matter either way. :P

Toxic Pickle on
    edited February 2010
    As a healer, just queue for random 5-mans and you'll be able to catch up most of the rest of your slots to 232/245 level rather quickly off Triumph emblems.

SabreMau on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah that's what I had been doing after the randon dungeon thing came out. It got old very quickly.

I spent most of the badges I earned buying Heirloom gear for my Shaman, which was kinda silly since I should be focusing on a class that's actually useful in endgame (as anything but another healer, I mean), but there you go.

I keep thinking about re-joining the random dungeon slog to get some more heirloom gear to level up a tanky class (really just need the breastplate), but can't bring myself to do it. :P

Toxic Pickle on
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, it helps to have motivation. I could chain-run heroics one after another when I knew it was going directly towards new pants. Nowadays, it's mostly just the daily heroic for Frost emblems which still have new upgrades to work towards while the remaining Triumphs just go towards spare cash.

SabreMau on
    edited February 2010
    There are still a number of us that need Triumph badges for T9 or heirlooms, so feel free to pop on and ask around. It's not uncommon for us to get a full group for heroics together.

SightTDW on
  • NamonNamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is this thing open for people who are just completely starting over fresh who just like to have a guild chat to interact in as they level and play? I'm not looking for powerleveling or to mooch gear or anything (if someone offers I don't turn down of course), I just can never get into this game unless I have some interaction with living breathing people going on (even if it is just chat). I'm thinking of starting a rogue.

Namon on
    edited February 2010
    Go ahead and go for it man, we dont really have a problem with that kinda thing- seeing as how we're all super casual.

So if you want some where to just chill and chat as you grind dem bones out stop by.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
This discussion has been closed.