As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happies, Hates, Hopes and Preparation H

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kind of a hate

Well I thought why not I look into how much the pvp aka arena gear costs in triumph badges
    325?

It costs 210 for the tier 9 set

325 frost badges for the icecrown set

But 325 triumph for pvp gear?

Brainleech on
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Ran Normal ToC looking for the Banner of Victory for my Ret spec. Ran it as ret spec.

Happy: A pair of upgrades for my tanking spec drop.

Hate: The DPS Arms warrior straight up needs on them and afterwards says: "Needing for offspec." Not, "can I need for offspec?"

Happy: I say "Me too." I win.

Repeat again. I won them both. I'm ALMOST defense capped on my tank gear now.

Happy: My home PC is finished patching and ready to rock when I get home.

Samphis on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: level 75s can do FoS.

Hate: Level 75s can't get the quest to continue past FoS

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Happy: level 75s can do FoS.

Hate: Level 75s can't get the quest to continue past FoS

?
    What?

FoS as in Forge of Souls?

Brainleech on
    edited February 2010
    Yes. Level 75's can't queue, but they can enter it normally.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yes. Level 75's can't queue, but they can enter it normally.

They can also enter ToC at that level.

Seg on
    edited February 2010
    They sure can. Good way to stock up lowbie alts with badges and gear. One of them was a healer and the other was a dk, so they still pulled their weight. (800 dps on a boss 7 levels higher than you? Wut?)

bowen on
  • Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Better then most pugs I run heroics with these days :P

Thomase1984 on
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hate: What the hell is the deal with aggro on heroic HoR? Last night we wiped three times in the alcove with me pulling threat from all over the place without using any AoEs and keeping my target firmly on tank's.

Oops: I also realized I may need different skill layout. Turn Undead is not best placed next to Repentance if you just want to stun caster on the ramp in H Pit of Saron and not, you know, send him screaming into the next wave of mobs.

OldSlacker on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hate: What the hell is the deal with aggro on heroic HoR? Last night we wiped three times in the alcove with me pulling threat from all over the place without using any AoEs and keeping my target firmly on tank's.

Oops: I also realized I may need different skill layout. Turn Undead is not best placed next to Repentance if you just want to stun caster on the ramp in H Pit of Saron and not, you know, send him screaming into the next wave of mobs.

Sounds like the tank didn't have firm control of all of the adds.

Out of curiosity, which judgement were you using?

Nobody on
    edited February 2010
    Better then most pugs I run heroics with these days :P

Same, and she's a tank and has no dps gear whatsoever. There's no hope for half my battlegroup. WTB kick that works after first few pulls.

bowen on
    edited February 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, which judgement were you using?

Judgement of Wisdom, as always.

OldSlacker on
    edited February 2010
    Odd, unless there was a hunter or rogue MDing or tricksing you, or you were using AoW procced FoLs not sure why'd you be getting all of the attention.

Nobody on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Because of the way the alcove works when you abuse pathing like that. It cannot see anyone in the nook but someone standing outside of it or partially outside of it will be targeted before someone further in. This is negated by having the tank stand near the nook, but not in it.

Bikkstah on
    edited February 2010
    Tank didn't run righteous fury imo. Or an fury warrior tanking.

bowen on
    edited February 2010
    Well, the tank did get most of it. I just happened to be the default target as they spawned and if he missed a couple of mages as they entered the fight - *poof*.

Edit: Yeah, I was probably the one sticking out since I'm constantly trying to get behind mobs. Didn't know about the proximity issues.
    Edit2: And we were all in the alcove, including the tank.

OldSlacker on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Edit2: And we were all in the alcove, including the tank.

This is a sign of a bad tank. Good tanks stand outside where falric/marwyn are standing and intercept the mobs as they run in.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
    edited February 2010
    Well, he was better than the one we had in FoS where I had to dance around the mobs and constantly stop my attacks because he couldn't generate threat worth a damn.
    And then he had the nerve to post recount and mock all us DPS for doing less than 2K. :evil:

OldSlacker on
  • MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I found that i'd always get initial aggro when cramming myself into the alcove no matter where the tank sits. I find sitting in the back corner while the tank stands near the boss to get initial aggro is the best. After he gets initial aggro, run into the alcove to LoS the ranged.

The mobs can still aggro you through the wall and cramming yourself into the front corner always makes you closer to one of them.

MEGAMERICAN on
    edited February 2010
    The mobs can still aggro you through the wall and cramming yourself into the front corner always makes you closer to one of them.

Another good tip, thanks.

OldSlacker on
    edited February 2010
    I find it useful to use that corner to LOS them in though.

bowen on
  • DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    So, just had this guy do a solid 1.3k DPS over a H HoL run.

I'm not really sure what else to say, other than I just had a night of rougher randoms than I'm used to.

Those are some pretty solid numbers for someone in Arms spec, with tank gear, dual wielding, pretty much ungemmed and unenchanted -- with an avg item level of about 200.

The dual wielding one handers made me facepalm so hard.

His top 3 damaging abilities were, Melee, Whirlwind, and Cleave I think was the third. As far as I can tell he wasn't Blade Storming or Mortal Striking... or maybe he was and they just weren't in the top three of his damage.

Either way, pretty amazing.

Dranyth on
    edited February 2010

Another good tip, thanks.

One more thing, I've found that holy wrath is awesome as far as allowing for breathers in there. Even if the stun is only a couple of seconds, it allows for DnD or Consecrate to tick or allow the tank a chance to swipe/TC to gather them up.

It sucks if your CC is too close though.

Nobody on
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Generally I've stood with my back to the wall, charging the first mob to round the corner, Devastate, then slide to the next and TClap/Shockwave once the bulk arrive.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • MEGAMERICANMEGAMERICAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I like doing H HoR on my hunter. I get to actually use ice arrow to freeze one of the mobs. It's easy to tell which mob is activated right before they aggro you and I typically go for one of them to the left. Also, its a free lock and load proc.

MEGAMERICAN on
    edited February 2010
    Generally I've stood with my back to the wall, charging the first mob to round the corner, Devastate, then slide to the next and TClap/Shockwave once the bulk arrive.

I've also found heroic throw incredibly useful for snagging mages when they activate across the room or just stand and cast outside of normal aggro range.

Nobody on
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Haterade being drunk: they still have not fixed the issue where the game just stops whatever it is doing when you alt tab. Scanning the auction house? Oh ho ho you better sit there and watch that shit. Crafting 50 flasks? I hope you weren't planning on watching puppy cam or something equally productive because if you alt tab it stops crafting.

edit: oh you wanted to post 200 auctions before raid time and check the video strats at the same time? What is this 2010?

Yes i know its a bug but its been there a few patches now.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think you have an addon issue bro. That's never happened to me.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If I'm crafting something and then alt tab it stops whatever is being crafted. I think it does the same if you're following someone.

So far my remedy has been to have dual monitors and just have WoW open, and fullscreened, on one monitor and then my internet on the other.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I remember smelting a large amount of ore a week or so ago and alt tabbing out, and when I tabbed back in, I was still smelting. I haven't tried it while crafting though.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I play in Window mode 24/7. Try that!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hate: getting jerked around, guess it's probably time to quit again why get mad at a game eh?

Dehumanized on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hate: getting jerked around, guess it's probably time to quit again why get mad at a game eh?
    Or see if you can find better people to play with, this game lives and dies by the company you spend in it, really.

815165 on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Even better, you can activate Window mode and then enable the fullscreen setting. Best of both worlds.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited February 2010
    Makershot wrote: »
    Even better, you can activate Window mode and then enable the fullscreen setting. Best of both worlds.

I do this, dual monitors FTW!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    Or see if you can find better people to play with, this game lives and dies by the company you spend in it, really.

it's just a bit more complicated than that, essentially i have found some great people to play with for the last 4 years but it's clear that my interests now aren't really on the level with theirs. basically the catalyst to that realization was being asked on sunday to raid with a 10m group, then today being kicked to the curb. after spending a pretty substantial amount of time and effort on getting a new character up to speed for it.

Dehumanized on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Got my Authenticator.

Hate: people still drop group if Oculus pops up. Whywhywhy.

I did this the other day, because I entered the instance in progress, and they had like 2 out of 10 constructs killed, and were like "hey guys we're going to do ruby/emerald void is that cool?" No that is not cool when I just wanted to squeeze in a quick heroic daily before bed.

Hate: Moving has made things way worse before it gets better. I missed ICC25 entirely last week, and tonight I'm missing my main ICC10 for the first time in ever, because they all decided to do 10s tonight to get attempts on the new bosses before wasting limited 25-man attempts on them. And here I sit in a Barnes and Noble with free wifi but locks on the outlets so I can't plug in my laptop to actually attempt to play WoW here.

Hope: Time Warner doesn't fuck me over even more by not showing up Saturday to install my goddamn internet.

riz on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    riz wrote: »
    Hope: Time Warner doesn't fuck me over even more by not showing up Saturday to install my goddamn internet.

hah

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Le Sigh: I did a random on my paladin tank with a buddy and we got one of the worst healers ever. This paladin healer was using Seal of Vengeance, a Titansteel Defender with the int enchant, a Banner Slicer, and the Black Knight tanking trinket.

This made me very sad.

Beyond Normal on
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy: Blue Drake number 2 from occulus bags.

Hate: You cant transfer gold across realms. Someone picked up a free blue drake!

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
This discussion has been closed.