As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Persona 2: Eternal Punishment [Finale: Maiyan Eclipse | Maiyan Victory]

• samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Damn, I can't believe that I've signed up for 3 phallas. Oh lords...

samurai6966 on
  • thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Why do people vote so quickly without discussion? Is it just to get the ball rolling? Like, the seven sisters all know who each other are right? So they can vote with impunity not fearing that they'll accidently off one of their own, whereas ignorant villagers would remain quiet until there's a bandwagon to jump on or someone makes a mistake or "appears" to make a mistake and reveal something.

yeah. the randomizer/grudgefest has always made me feel more than a little uncomfortable. the inevitable bandwagon seems rather open to the manipulations of baddies.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I can help you out there, !samurai6966!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Why do people vote so quickly without discussion? Is it just to get the ball rolling? Like, the seven sisters all know who each other are right? So they can vote with impunity not fearing that they'll accidently off one of their own, whereas ignorant villagers would remain quiet until there's a bandwagon to jump on or someone makes a mistake or "appears" to make a mistake and reveal something.

and clarification request If players combine powers, which player chooses the target? Does one player get total control of the combined abilities for the turn or do both players have to agree on the target.

Depending on the answer to that question, Ringo, I may be interested in combining.

The one who instigates the combination has full control over its usage.

Also: one player can not attempt more than one combination per night.

Also also: desired rumors should be PMed to Philemon by the one who wishes to see it take place, whether it was created through word of mouth or a single player wishes to let a rumormonger create it.

Also the third: if any proboards are created, send the link my way.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

yeah. the randomizer/grudgefest has always made me feel more than a little uncomfortable. the inevitable bandwagon seems rather open to the manipulations of baddies.

Yes, and I wonder if these are machinations of an evil sort or just old grudges between experienced players.

t ringo, I'll combine, but I get control.

iamthepieman on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Everyone does things a little differently. Some people vote early in the day to make sure they've voted, in case they can't get back to the computer in time. Other people vote early so they won't be accused of waiting for a bandwagon to jump on, and therefore being a badguy. Other people vote early to try and start a bandwagon, and then look back at the voting records to see who jumped on which bandwagons and when, to see if they can find patterns in there.

Then there's Dunadan019/B:L/etc. who vote for someone and insists that they're obvious and gave themselves away or Whitney Houstened or Oatway Gambitted or Busdrove Wolverine's Kill Onto Himself or that they're some sort of japanese-influenced deviant and must be stopped, and woe is you if you question their authority.

Basically, if you vote early, you must be mafia. If you vote late, you must be mafia. If you vote, you must be mafia. If you're in the game, you must be mafia.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    There you go, people, Kay just admitted to being mafia.

Winky on
    edited February 2010
    so basically until you've played a few games, just roll the dice and pray for the best.

Edit - still looking for someone to combine with. My power is pretty crappy so I want to have control. Since if you have something good, it will be the one time I get to use an awesome power.

iamthepieman on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    Then there's Dunadan019/B:L/etc. who vote for someone and insists that they're obvious and gave themselves away or Whitney Houstened or Oatway Gambitted or Busdrove Wolverine's Kill Onto Himself or that they're some sort of japanese-influenced deviant and must be stopped, and woe is you if you question their authority.

B:L just tries to vote for people he has grudges against.

I'm actually right when I say someone's evil.

Dunadan019 on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    DUE did manage to kill everyone but Hitler in the last game. Suspicious?

Hey I managed to keep the kids from my school alive and Hitler flew away in a jetpack.

That's not my fault. We couldn't predict the jet pack.

No one could have predicted the jet pack.

chamberlain on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmm... less posts to catch up on than I expected. Should we be thinking about how to use the rumor system to our advantage? I've heard that there are going to be a series of open elections in the coming days! Even though it looks on the outside that it's a ceremonial archivist position, in reality, the position allows access to all sorts of secret information. An interesting rumor, eh?

(Mechanically, this would be a daily lime vote. The player elected would be able to privately ask a question regarding game mechanics or player information, answered at the day after they are elected.)

Also! Watch out for the JOKER! Nothing good will come of looking for him. The devilish character will always charge more than you will truly be prepared to pay for the things you desire... use your own strength to make your dreams come true!

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PhilemonPhilemon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    From a clarification request, regarding fusion attacks:

The nature of the abilities used in a combination are kept secret, but all those involved in the fusion will be made aware of what happened as a result.

As will the target(s), though only what happened, not who targeted them.

Philemon on
    edited February 2010
    Philemon wrote: »
    From a clarification request, regarding fusion attacks:

The nature of the abilities used in a combination are kept secret, but all those involved in the fusion will be made aware of what happened as a result.

As will the target(s), though only what happened, not who targeted them.

This sounds hillarious and entertaining. Is it considered bad form to state what my power is? hint: it's kind of lame.

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2010
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Also! Watch out for the JOKER! Nothing good will come of looking for him. The devilish character will always charge more than you will truly be prepared to pay for the things you desire... use your own strength to make your dreams come true!

That was Bobcesca last time, right? I don't exactly remember the mechanic, was that where the shadow people came from?

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmm... less posts to catch up on than I expected. Should we be thinking about how to use the rumor system to our advantage? I've heard that there are going to be a series of open elections in the coming days! Even though it looks on the outside that it's a ceremonial archivist position, in reality, the position allows access to all sorts of secret information. An interesting rumor, eh?

(Mechanically, this would be a daily lime vote. The player elected would be able to privately ask a question regarding game mechanics or player information, answered at the day after they are elected.)

Open elections huh? now that does sound interesting.

Though I've always heard that Cyan is a cooler color than lime.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Colors? Open elections that have unknown effects? BLARNEY?!

Hahahaha, here I was thinking I didn't have any grudges left.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I haven't been in school in ages. I don't want TheExAm.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kay because B:L was nice to me in PhalLounge. He wrote a wonderful story about my secret bus driver gift I got him.

samurai6966 on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Erm, uh, I heard a thing about a cat too. It sits in a tree and disappears leaving only it's huge grin. And it tells you things sometimes. Cheshire Cat

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

Cyan is lacking something, I think.

Cinders on
    edited February 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Erm, uh, I heard a thing about a cat too. It sits in a tree and disappears leaving only it's huge grin. And it tells you things sometimes. Cheshire Cat

We're all mad here.

chamberlain on
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »

We're all mad here.

The time has come the walrus said to talk of many things

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    edited February 2010
    Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax
    Of cabbages and kings
    And why the sea is boiling hot
    And whether pigs have wings

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2010
    I've heard two rumors going around. One where the most respected (how could one measure such?) citizen's ear is filled with secrets... and another where an elected official of unknowable repute is given unfettered access to classified information.

both rumors leave me a trifle concerned, and frankly I just don't know what to believe anymore...

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    thisisntwally for posting right above me.

No time to participate today, unfortunately. Thankfully, it's still just day 1.

garroad_ran on
    edited February 2010
    thisisntwally for posting right above me.

No time to participate today, unfortunately. Thankfully, it's still just day 1.

!garroad_ran for making a dangerously arbitrary vote.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited February 2010
    Arbitrary, eh?

I will vote for the person who posts below me.

chamberlain on
    edited February 2010
    I will vote for whoever the next person asks me to vote for.

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2010
    I will vote for whoever the next person asks me to vote for.

that garrod fellow seemed suspicious... :)

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
    edited February 2010
    iamthepieman

chamberlain on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You know, I will change my vote to !B:L because his avatar creeps the living hell out of me.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2010
    !Garroad_ran

so far we have:
    Kay -3
    B:L - 2
    Garroad_ran - 2
    DUE - 1
    iamthepieman - 1
    Jaenther - 1
    kilnaga - 1
    lonelyhava - 1
    Mazzyx - 1
    Notch - 1
    samurai6966 - 1
    TheExAm - 1
    thisisntwally - 1
    Winky - 1

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2010
    Folks, B:L is trouble. Join me and clear this town out before he gets us with his chickeny goosey ways!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Folks, B:L is trouble. Join me and clear this town out before he gets us with his chickeny goosey ways!

look, either he's part of the seven or not. If he isn't then his silly goosery ways are beneficial to the rest of us. If he is, then you don't know it or you do and are part of the seven.

if he's vig, then who knows what his tac will be.

either way, it's a bit early for this kind of silly goosishness.

iamthepieman on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

look, either he's part of the seven or not. If he isn't then his silly goosery ways are beneficial to the rest of us. If he is, then you don't know it or you do and are part of the seven.

if he's vig, then who knows what his tac will be.

either way, it's a bit early for this kind of silly goosishness.

LOGIC HAS NO PLACE ON NIGHT 1

Cinders on
    edited February 2010
    Cinders is correct. I have no idea if he is one or not. His avatar just creeps me out.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited February 2010
    Cinders is correct. I have no idea if he is one or not. His avatar just creeps me out.

Your avatar isn't exactly giving me warm fuzzies.

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2010

Your avatar isn't exactly giving me warm fuzzies.

What Harley Quinn is both sexy and full of warm fuzzies!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    enlightenedbum

needs to burn for his blasphemy.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

You know now that I think about it I heard there would be open elections!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png