As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The NOVEMBER PICK-UP THREAD of only one month left 'till Egg Nog Latte season.

• Operator-COperator-C Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I know what I'm doing tomorrow: Going through all my Wii games and registering them. At least that way they're getting some use.

Operator-C on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Okay okay, so this was technically a December Pick-Up. I threw this neat little Metal Sonic figure into my cart when I ordered some Saints figures and Halo figures for my sister and her husband (respectively). I need to find a place to put him.

pickup2k.jpg

And he has good taste in games. (Which was also a December pick-up. Zelda, not the DS. :P)

pickupi.jpg

I was going to get the Scott Pilgrim series in one shot from Amazon after so many people pestered me to read it on multiple message boards, but I decided to pick 'em up one at a time from Borders since they have what's almost a weekly 33% coupon these days, which brings the Borders price to what I would pay from Amazon anyway. I've only read the first book so far. It's not terrible but I'm not terribly impressed yet either.

pickup3.jpg

I picked these three up from Telltale when they had their after-Christmas 25% off sale. Never played Sam & Max and I've always wanted to, so here goes.

sammaxr.jpg

Oh and I bought three new pairs of shoes on Saturday.

pickup4.jpg

Okay, that Mecha Sonic is awesome. Where did you get that?! The only Sonic game I'm aware of Mecha Sonic being in is Sonic & Knuckles, so I can't help but think that must be rare (side note- I am partial to the Mecha Sonic from the comic series). Also, I love your picture of him holding the DS stylus!
    I picked this up on the way home from work today.

mmartbook.jpg

Is that an artbook?

I remember when I was really into Sonic and Megaman in my younger years and could never, ever find Sonic or Megaman stuff anywhere (other than video games, of course). They used to make some bitchin MegaMan action figures... my 7 year-old self loved them.

Black Ice on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Black Ice wrote: »
    Okay, that Mecha Sonic is awesome. Where did you get that?! The only Sonic game I'm aware of Mecha Sonic being in is Sonic & Knuckles, so I can't help but think that must be rare (side note- I am partial to the Mecha Sonic from the comic series). Also, I love your picture of him holding the DS stylus!

Is that an artbook?

I remember when I was really into Sonic and Megaman in my younger years and could never, ever find Sonic or Megaman stuff anywhere (other than video games, of course). They used to make some bitchin MegaMan action figures... my 7 year-old self loved them.

Funny you mention both Sonic and Megaman in the same post. That Metal Sonic toy is called a "JUVI", which stands for "Jazware Urban Vinyl" figure. It's similar to the munny and mighty muggs figures that are on the market. They make Sonic versions and Mega Man versions.
    SonicFixJuvi.jpgShadowJUVI.jpgWerehogJUVI.jpg [IMG][/img]sonicjuviknuckles.jpg

mmf_megam_LargeBoxShot.jpgmmf_proto_LargeBoxShot.jpg

The Metal Sonic figure was "exclusive" to Comic Con last year but Toys R Us sold it for a while, which is where I got it from.

And yes, those are Mega Man Art Books, containing art, sketches and other bits of history. They're Available at Amazon, though I bought mine from the local Borders bookstore. In addition to the great artwork, there's alot of little blurbs here and there that detail the development process.

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/2009/12/mmocw-sample-commentary.html

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Vladimir7Vladimir7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TOO much in the past week

Games
    Mass Effect 2.
    BioShock 2.

A New PC
    Coolermaster 690 II Advanced
    Gigabyte P55A-UD4P
    Intel i5 750
    4 GB G.Skill RipJaws
    Coolermaster Hyper 212
    Corsair TX650W
    ATI 5850
    Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
    Sennheiser HD280PRO
    Windows 7 Pro

And some other parts..
    A $30 case
    and a $25 video card...
    Going to put my old comp in a new case, with a crappy video card, and give it to my parents
    (Will sell my old video card, and my old case was a full sized ATX case)

Vladimir7 on
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm after the Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition... I'm hoping it's worth the money!

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Operator-COperator-C Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Picked this up today:
    MMCOH009.jpg

Operator-C on
    camo_sig2.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's not a game...but I think it certainly qualifies under the nerd umbrella

Got this in the mail today! Like Darksiders before it, I am being inundated with shiny covers!
    RandomPics008.jpg?t=1265080579

Some form of resolution! Seriously, this show has had the most fucking depressing season finales so far

UnbreakableVow on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You have at least one more season to go if you want resolution. Still, awesome for you. :)

The case is weird, though... is that a new design?

Just ordered The Club and Project Sylpheed from the NewEgg "sale," and I'll be ordering a new laptop as soon as my tax return is in hand. G51JX-A1 go go!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, they did a slimmer repackaging in 2009

Somehow that brought the prices down from "astronomical" to "fairly reasonable"

UnbreakableVow on
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This isn't a new game, but I think I got a pretty good deal here. Behold!

D2nPZ.jpg

I found this yesterday afternoon at Kmart. I do a regular check of their clearance game section, and this was in there. What's strange is that I haven't seen a copy of FF6 Advance at this Kmart since about 2008, and it definitely wasn't in the clearance area the last time I visited about two weeks ago. Yet there it was, stuffed in with a bunch of copies of "Deal Or No Deal." Made me do a double take. :P

Norfair on
    edited February 2010
    Norfair wrote: »
    This isn't a new game, but I think I got a pretty good deal here. Behold!

D2nPZ.jpg

I found this yesterday afternoon at Kmart. I do a regular check of their clearance game section, and this was in there. What's strange is that I haven't seen a copy of FF6 Advance at this Kmart since about 2008, and it definitely wasn't in the clearance area the last time I visited about two weeks ago. Yet there it was, stuffed in with a bunch of copies of "Deal Or No Deal." Made me do a double take. :P

K-Mart is like a store stuck in some sort of time warp. I'll find games that are 4 or 5 years old in there, but still tagged at full price.

Hell they still have a Gamecube copy of Twilight Princess last I saw marked at $49.99.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That's actually pretty normal though. Nintendo games never, ever drop in price. At my store we still have copies of Mario Kart: Double Dash at 39.99.

Hell, I still think we have copies of Smash Bros. Melee at around the same price.

SirUltimos on
    edited February 2010
    Please don't tell me you work at K-Mart, SirUltimos

Every time I've been to a K-Mart, all the employees are so sad, you can tell they just hate life

UnbreakableVow on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I work at two stores, but the one I'm referring to now is Zellers. Which is basically Canadian K-Mart.

Someone hold me:cry:

SirUltimos on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No pictures, but I just bought Splosion Man for 400 MSPoints!

Fun game, it is.

4rch3nemy on
  • BathTubbBathTubb Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I finally picked up Falllout 3 and Dead Space for my 360 last friday.

BathTubb on
    Steam-BathTubb Xbox Live - Bathtubb
    edited February 2010
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

Fun game, it is.

Man, I'm sorely tempted. I need something to fill the gap between completing ME2 and Bioshock 2 next Tuesday... I'm wanting to pick up White Knight Chronicles tomorrow, but I can't complete that by the time Bio2 comes out, and that'll attract my attention... maybe a nice $5 Live game can handle it :D

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    maximumzero: That pearly white uniformity is what I want my setup to look like. What model of Samsung TV is that, and how's the quality? Anyone know of any nice white HDTVs? I'm only seeing 20"ish Samsungs through Google and Amazon, and I want something to match my Nintendo consoles.

Also, to UnbreakableVow: is it still possible to get that white import PS3? Play-Asia's all out. I'm going to look around right now. Don't really want to get a PS3 and send it off to be painted, because that's sort of cheating.

EDIT: Well, eBay's got some for about $650. That's a pretty penny, but at least it's not up to like $1,000+.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hillean wrote: »

Fun game, it is.

Man, I'm sorely tempted. I need something to fill the gap between completing ME2 and Bioshock 2 next Tuesday... I'm wanting to pick up White Knight Chronicles tomorrow, but I can't complete that by the time Bio2 comes out, and that'll attract my attention... maybe a nice $5 Live game can handle it :D

You have no excuse for not already having Splosion Man.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    man i had no idea it was only $5, that's awesome.

Local H Jay on
    edited February 2010
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    maximumzero: That pearly white uniformity is what I want my setup to look like. What model of Samsung TV is that, and how's the quality? Anyone know of any nice white HDTVs? I'm only seeing 20"ish Samsungs through Google and Amazon, and I want something to match my Nintendo consoles.

Also, to UnbreakableVow: is it still possible to get that white import PS3? Play-Asia's all out. I'm going to look around right now. Don't really want to get a PS3 and send it off to be painted, because that's sort of cheating.

EDIT: Well, eBay's got some for about $650. That's a pretty penny, but at least it's not up to like $1,000+.

The TV I have is the Samsung LNT-1954H. To my knowledge it's no longer in production. I purchased it in late 2007 from the CompUSA that I worked at not long before they started closing down, and even at that time it was technically outdated.

It's a 19-inch, and if I remember properly, they also made a 22-inch (Or might have been 23"/24") though CompUSA only carried the 19-incher.

I'm so pleased with the picture quality even on Wii games that I'm pretty much set for buying only Samsung HDTVs for my entire life until I get a dud or two. According to Samsung's website they do make a current 19-inch model but I don't see anything larger than that from Samsung. If you search "White TV" or "White LCD TV" on Amazon a bunch come up, but I don't know what is current and what's old product.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    edited February 2010
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Hillean wrote: »

Fun game, it is.

You have no excuse for not already having Splosion Man.

My biggest excuse is, typically when I buy a game on Live?

It goes on sale 50% off the following week.

I think I literally owned every single game that was on sale during the 12 Days of New Years or w/e sale... it was depressing.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My excuse is I have too many damn games already, and 2010 is just making things so much worse :(

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'll see you guys tomorrow with a new copy of White Knight Chronicles.

I hope.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • BlueSoulBlueSoul Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kaseius wrote: »
    I'll see you guys tomorrow with a new copy of White Knight Chronicles.

I hope.

Ditto~ Will bring camera.

BlueSoul on
    Consensual tentacle sex! It's awriiiiiiite!*
    Indigo+Havoc.png
    *No rape was involved during this intercourse.
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    There'll be a shiny picture of a Heavy Rain box going up here towards the end of this month. However I'm not able to buy too much in the way of video gaming due to a purchase 18 months ago:
    2538679017_8140889f66.jpg

Whilst not still paying for it now, I am paying for the upcoming festivities, so I figured technically it could go in here ;)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    K-Mart is like a store stuck in some sort of time warp. I'll find games that are 4 or 5 years old in there, but still tagged at full price.

Hell they still have a Gamecube copy of Twilight Princess last I saw marked at $49.99.

The ones around here are pretty aggressive about price reducing older games, most of the time. (Nintendo games tend to be an exception.) This particular one also likes to carry some harder-to-find stuff; it was the only store in the area to carry Persona 3 FES, for example. So if you're patient and check once a month or so, you can get some good deals.

It's pretty much the only reason to go in there, though, because it's a depressing pit.

Norfair on
  • AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Splosion Man is 400 this week? Great and my 360 is 4 hours away.

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • wakeboarderbluntwakeboarderblunt Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Akatsuki wrote: »
    Splosion Man is 400 this week? Great and my 360 is 4 hours away.

Mine is a couple provinces away, getting shipped back from Red ringing.
    I still logged on to Xbox.com and added it to my queue. Only on sale until Sunday.

wakeboarderblunt on
    stripessig.jpg
    WBblunt.gif
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Toward the end of this month I'll be picking up Endless Ocean 2, plus the local gamestop has Chibi Robo and Paper Mario 2 for sale used for a good price, so I'll end up grabbing those too.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited February 2010
    Okay so I really hate screen protectors now. In my impatience for my Hori's to arrive from Amazon I bought a Best Buy screen protector and slapped it on there. Of course bubbles and dust out the wazoo. Even though I had it nearly perfect, I pulled it up in an attempt to get it really perfect. Of course this made it worse.

So now do I leave the screen protector on with my screen looking shitty or do I rip it off and leave my PSP screen susceptible to scratches? Dammit.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • gvandalegvandale Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    There'll be a shiny picture of a Heavy Rain box going up here towards the end of this month. However I'm not able to buy too much in the way of video gaming due to a purchase 18 months ago:

Whilst not still paying for it now, I am paying for the upcoming festivities, so I figured technically it could go in here ;)

Congrats man. I myself got married this past summer and must say that it was an awesome experience!

gvandale on
    Current Game(s) List: Disgaea 4 (PS3) & Dead Island (XBox 360)
    PSN Id: gvandale
    Xbox Live: Darth Vandale
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

Nice one dude. :)

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • aoeuiaoeui Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    February is already off to a good start.
    img01282.jpg

aoeui on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You bought a piano?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • NovembersChopinNovembersChopin Las VegasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pick ups from late January and February (excuse my crappy cell phone shots):

ME2 and Utada Tickets

me2.jpg

BD-P1600 (free with new TV purchase) & Samsung LN-52B750 being delivered tomorrow.

sambd.jpg

NovembersChopin on
  • gvandalegvandale Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Here's my loot so far, will have to add Bioshock 2 next week and then Heavy Rain later this month!

IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg

gvandale on
    Current Game(s) List: Disgaea 4 (PS3) & Dead Island (XBox 360)
    PSN Id: gvandale
    Xbox Live: Darth Vandale
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Man I wish I had the dough to throw at so many games in one shot. :(

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited February 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Man I wish I had the dough to throw at so many games in one shot. :(

Agreed. Though every single one of those games will be at the $30 price point (or less) within 6 months. I can wait. :P

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What the hell is with MAG's box art?

Ganluan on
This discussion has been closed.