As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition

12345679»

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    LAN was fucking rad.

Indeed it was. Prop Hunt was awesome. XD

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    LAN was fucking rad.

Prop Hunt was some of the most fun I've had in a long time.

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    LAN was fucking rad.

I concur. I think I'll always remember Friday nights epic Toyfort game. So epic.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WOOH LAN! When's the next one?!?! I was telling ash, you guys have the perfect spot for a LAN: close by, close to food, lots of space, LOTS OF FUCKING SPACE FOR 50 GALLONS WORTH OF DRINKS! Want moooreeee

MetaverseNomad on
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    sorry i didn't get to hang out with anyone during the LAN. For everyone's sanity, I think we need to work on sound-proofing the garage.

Scoots on
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jaiden wrote: »
    LAN was fucking rad.

Prop Hunt was some of the most fun I've had in a long time.

+1

As soon as I saw that mod in a youtube video, I knew I had to get it working. It was worth the 3 hours of head-scratching trying to work out how to install thefricking thing. Glad it was worth it.

ashridah on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I think it would be nice if people under 21 could come.
    Just saying.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Just saying.

You can come when you grow up.

Seriously, though, booze. No one wants to get slapped with the fines if a Minor grabs a beer. Suck it up, we all had to deal with it.

Houn on
    edited February 2010
    Just saying.

Wait, I thought you didn't have a decent PC? or did that change?

Also, there are commercial lans that do allow minors, you could always find, and go to, one of those, since we often go to them ourselves.

ashridah on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thanks everyone for coming :D

Prophunt was awesome... It has inspired me to try and do some BYOC competition for it for PAX
    Just saying.

What houn and ash said.
    Its a house rule, nobody under 21. You are welcome to try and host a LAN where you can make your own age restriction.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    BigRed wrote: »

Prophunt was awesome... It has inspired me to try and do some BYOC competition for it for PAX
    Just saying.

What houn and ash said.
    Its a house rule, nobody under 21. You are welcome to try and host a LAN where you can make your own age restriction.

NOBODY OVER THE AGE OF 12!!!

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ravenger wrote: »

Just saying.

What houn and ash said.

NOBODY OVER THE AGE OF 12!!!

Juice boxes for all, Sponge Bob screening later in the eve.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sake's birthday is February 27th but he's going to be visiting the weekend before so we thought we'd celebrate his birthday! Dinner will be at the Taphouse Downtown on the 20th at 7:00. We'll then move on to Gameworks and then wander around if the mood strikes us. Let me know if you'll be joining us so I can give Taphouse a heads up.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
    edited February 2010
    Maybe, ill poke you like the weekend before.

BigRed on
    edited February 2010
    ... nice sig btw, especially since I wasn't even at my computer.

And yeah, I don't get supporting these guys being total dicks just because they can, but I guess that's okay in this community. "Don't be a dick"... oh wait.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If Red has nothing better to do than use his Ops status in a IRC channel to feel all powerful, don't take it personally Miss Eep <3 We all love you!

That said, while I am awful far away, I'd love to throw a small "anyone can come" LAN sometime for the people that could make it ^.^ I'll talk to Recruit!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited February 2010
    If Red has nothing better to do than use his Ops status in a IRC channel to feel all powerful, don't take it personally Miss Eep <3 We all love you!

That said, while I am awful far away, I'd love to throw a small "anyone can come" LAN sometime for the people that could make it ^.^ I'll talk to Recruit!

Uh... FYI, the quote is referring to the slashnet ops, not channel ops. There is a difference yanno. But thanks for the attempt at insulting.

BigRed on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Uh... FYI, the quote is referring to the slashnet ops, not channel ops. There is a difference yanno. But thanks for the attempt at insulting.

Well then I apologize if you didn't do it, you do similar things very often in chat and I didn't doublecheck. I'm sorry.

However the point stands, it's still rather insulting to Eep to have as your sig... considering she is in no way a "douche".

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited February 2010

Well then I apologize if you didn't do it, you do similar things very often in chat and I didn't doublecheck. I'm sorry.

However the point stands, it's still rather insulting to Eep to have as your sig... considering she is in no way a "douche".

And if anyone had asked what the quote meant, (like I did, before making an assumption,) they'd find out that it wasn't Eep, but HotSake that caused this. BR's usage of the quote does not constitute his agreement with the label, just him noting that actions have consequences when you tread on the network operator's toes.

If you have a problem with their language, take it up with them directly. You'll probably find they don't give a damn about our opinions, however. They're running a network, not acting as someone's life-coach.

ashridah on
    edited February 2010
    ashridah wrote: »

(like I did, before making an assumption,)

Advice more people should actually follow :P

BigRed on
    edited February 2010
    Actually I just have issues with my name being used since MOST people don't know the situation and won't bother to ask.

EruditeAphrodite on
    edited February 2010
    Hey all,

Something I intended to setup last year at about this time, but didn't get around to was a snow tubing trip to snoqualmie.

I'm thinking of heading up there for a few hours on Saturday the 13th of Feb (next weekend), and hitting the 1:30pm to 3:30pm session. Anyone interested?

We'd need to carpool up there, and it's not super-cheap but it'd be an awesome trip and we can always dash over to the bar for a drink before we head back down the mountain. I went with a bunch of people from work almost two years ago, and it was easily one of the most fun and non-exertive times I've had in the snow. (Skiing is awesome, but it's hard work, and I'm out of shape :) ) It's definitely good fun even for people who don't know how to ski/snowboard, and/or can't afford to hire gear or get lift tickets.

What you'd need:
    * $20 bucks
    * A ride up there
    * Free time on Saturday the 13th
    * Willingness to throw yourself down a hill at moderately high speeds
    What you'll want, but don't have to have:
    * Waterproof ski gear (I've done it in jeans and a suede jacket, it wasn't ideal, but if you bring a change of clothes, you won't freeze. I recommend ski pants and jacket)
    * Boots with decent grip (snow shoes, essentially).
    * Gloves (the snow's cold, duh)
    * Monies for alcohol (a post-tubing drink in the bar, I recommend the hot apple pie, it's awesome for warming you up)
    * Friends (bring them with you!)

Logistics:
    * I'll bring water and snacks, but I'll need semi-accurate numbers in order to supply everyone.
    * The drive is approximately 1 hour from Redmond, probably 1 hour 20 from Seattle in Saturday traffic.
    * I'm happy to drive, but I can only fit 2 extra people comfortably, or 3 if they're small people, but you all know what my car looks like
    * Carpooling recommended

Edit:
    I've facebooked this as an event. CLICK YES!!!!

ashridah on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd love to go tubing, if someone could give me a ride from Seattle/Tacoma or anywhere in between.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So any ideas on a the Spring/Summer versions of this yet? I ask because, I'LL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO GO!!! :)

JonnyNero on
    edited February 2010
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    So any ideas on a the Spring/Summer versions of this yet? I ask because, I'LL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO GO!!! :)

Ill re-create the thread after PAX-East

BigRed on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy Hour plans are being formulated...... Do Fridays or Saturdays work better for people? The 4-7 PM range is standard, but there are plenty of options and other times.

MetaverseNomad on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fridays for happy hour! Saturdays are guaranteed to be packed, especially once the weather turns nice.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Happy Hour plans are being formulated...... Do Fridays or Saturdays work better for people? The 4-7 PM range is standard, but there are plenty of options and other times.

Definitely Saturday. It's a good wind up to whatever the evening holds. Friday also rules out people who like myself are away from the city during the weekdays. Saturday also means that working late or work outings won't interfere with those who do work, but leave early enough and/or are close enough to make it.

It's been a while. I'm glad to see happy hour talk again. I really hope that we can get one going regularly this year.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited February 2010
    Weekdays would be better for the reasons liger pointed out. Plus saturdays are usually taken up by other events :P

BigRed on
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't think it counts as Happy Hour if it's on Saturday! Friday is better.

Not that people can't do things on Saturday, just maybe it's better for full evening activity type things.

freckle on
    edited February 2010
    I'd just like to say that you all missed out on an awesome day of tubing. and alcohol

ashridah on
    edited February 2010
    Sake's birthday is February 27th but he's going to be visiting the weekend before so we thought we'd celebrate his birthday! Dinner will be at the Taphouse Downtown on the 20th at 7:00. We'll then move on to Gameworks and then wander around if the mood strikes us. Let me know if you'll be joining us so I can give Taphouse a heads up.

Talk in irc reminded me about this and how I completely forgot. I could have went too :( Oh well

BigRed on
    edited February 2010

Talk in irc reminded me about this and how I completely forgot. I could have went too :( Oh well

I didn't remember posting that in here. O.o Wow, grad school really is melting my brain.

EruditeAphrodite on
    edited February 2010
    Really last minute.

I will be at kates tonight for happy hour. Should get there around 4:30 if anybody is interested.

BigRed on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would love to go, if I wasn't sick and buried in papers. :-(

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So the Hardrock Cafe in Seattle opened a couple weeks ago. I'll be there this Sunday evening in "celebration" of my upcoming 22nd birthday on Monday. I'm not sure if anything else is going on that night but if anybody wants to check the place out, maybe have some fun and drink a bit or whatever, feel free to stop in.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So the Hardrock Cafe in Seattle opened a couple weeks ago. I'll be there this Sunday evening in "celebration" of my upcoming 22nd birthday on Monday.

What time?

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited February 2010
    Liger wrote: »
    So the Hardrock Cafe in Seattle opened a couple weeks ago. I'll be there this Sunday evening in "celebration" of my upcoming 22nd birthday on Monday.

What time?

I don't know yet, I can assume anywhere between 5-8pm, but we'll probably figure it out tomorrow and I'll post the time when I do.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited February 2010
    Liger wrote: »

What time?

I don't know yet, I can assume anywhere between 5-8pm, but we'll probably figure it out tomorrow and I'll post the time when I do.

So I guess I'll be there around 3:30pm if anybody is interested. Probably won't be very exciting, does anybody know of anything going on in town on Sunday?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.