As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East - Clash of the Titans Meet Up?

nrfbtoystorenrfbtoystore Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in PAX Archive
The new Clash of the Titans (original is my fave movie of all time) is being released March 26th. Does anyone have thoughts of maybe a big group of us going to see? I don't know which days to suggest, as still no schedule... I would totally love a MIDNIGHT release on Friday morning if one of the theatres would do.

---no cool signature yet, but I'm doing PAX EAST for my honeymoon (getting married PI day), so I should make one

nrfbtoystore on

• klokateer9047klokateer9047 A.K.A Captain Freezeezy Long island,NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hell,I'd go /signed

klokateer9047 on
    Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thursday night midnight release attendance? Then straight to being early into the con queues... thus adding more not sleep time to your schedule, CAN YOU HANDLE IT?!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • nrfbtoystorenrfbtoystore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I made it Thursday to Tuesday with maybe 7 hours of sleep (mostly 45 minute naps till hotel security poked me) at Dragoncon...with the help of 5 hour energy and Felecia Day panels! Was an awesome trip, I got a vid at... http://bit.ly/bamstl , for Nathan Fillion fans mostly, I'm THINKING of continuing it at PAX EAST, but as it's my honeymoon, unsure if my wife will want me ignoring her to shoot videos, haha!

nrfbtoystore on
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thursday midnight show after flying in would probably be brutal for Friday...but I'm oh so tempted. Is there a theatre near the convention centre?

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    CAN YOU HANDLE IT?!

I think you mean: ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE?!

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I dont sleep so... Im game... if the pub crawl isnt the same night.

ZeroHourHero on
  • ZukiZuki Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm not a pub crawler and I've been looking for something to do Thorsday night. I'd be up for it.

Zuki on
  • matlock790matlock790 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm also a non-pub crawler. This sounds good to me!

matlock790 on
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Which theatre are we looking at?

Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm split between the pub crawl and this.

The two nearest theatres to the Hynes Con Center are Regal 13 in Fenway, and the Loewes at Boston Common. They're at about the same distance and convenience.

I don't know about a midnight release yet, but I'd be up for it.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Sickm0r0nSickm0r0n Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Actually sounds like a plan, but I'm not getting there until early Friday morn, so I guess I'm out of it.

Sickm0r0n on
  • dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow, just saw the trailer for this recently and it looks awesome (I never saw the original Clash of the Titans, don't hurt me!) Thursday night is looking pretty insane right now ><

dardor on
    I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
  • nrfbtoystorenrfbtoystore Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I didn't even notice pub crawl...takes way too much money to get me drunk :). The only one major question is, someone who lives in that area needs to answer... Is there a movie theatre in the area that does midnight releases??? ... Heck, even if just a theatre, we'll all call and request a midnight showing, wa ha ha!

nrfbtoystore on
  • nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am interested, going to pub crawl also though so maybe a bad night? :O

nerve on
  • CoctopusCoctopus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    In terms of theaters, I've always been a big fan of the Loews in Boston Common. It's pretty big and has pretty nice theaters. I always went there when I had the choice.

Coctopus on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I didn't even notice pub crawl...takes way too much money to get me drunk :). The only one major question is, someone who lives in that area needs to answer... Is there a movie theatre in the area that does midnight releases??? ... Heck, even if just a theatre, we'll all call and request a midnight showing, wa ha ha!

I'm opting out of this due to the bar crawl, but both theatres I mentioned before, Regal 13 at Fenway, and the Boston Common Loewes do midnight releases. They're both at pretty much the same distance and convenience from the con center.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Loews at Boston Common is the optimal choice. Hate to go off topic slightly, but I was going to see if they had a midnite release of Hot Tub Time Machine, but Clash of the Titans sounds more appropriate.

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Not sure if any of you have checked up on this, but they're releasing Clash of the Titans the first week of April so they can add a 3D format to the picture.

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• capnjackcapnjack Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    When and where is this happening?

capnjack on
    Q: "You are in the garden. You see a rose bush. You have a fishing rod. Exits are North, South and IN."
    A: "What do you want from me?!?!?"
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Haha I do remember seeing that Clash of the Titans got delayed a week, and then thinking back to this thread, wondering when inevitably someone would change it to a Hot Tub Time Machine meet up.

Gundabad on
This discussion has been closed.