As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Am I missing something? (Ultimate Alliance)

LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
So, the new characters came out today. How am I supposed to get them? I see their models in character select, but when I go to download either the hero packl or the villain pack, it takes me to the Marketplace and there's nothing to download. What the frag is up?

LibrarianThorne on

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The auto-update had some major bugs in it that screwed up a lot of people's save games. Sooooo somehow because of that they decided not to release the new characters today. They even went so far as to pull the trailer that was on Live because it had 4/10 as the release date for the characters.
    I haven't heard anything about when they will be released but I'm all kinds of sad. No pew-pewing from the eyes for me tonight. :(

Accualt on
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    how much do the new characters cost?

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Aw, man. Lamesauce. Total lamesauce.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    $6.25 for 4 or $10 for 8. Suddenly I feel dirty for being so eager to spend $10 on eight characters when $60 got me a whole game full plus, you know, levels. Hopefully they added Flash Back missions for them, at least, but I highly doubt it since nothing has been mentioned of it.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    They should totally bring Black Widow over from the PSP version like they did Hawkeye.

Daredevil, Nick Fury, Captain America, and Black Widow team? Yes, please.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Will the bad guys be playable, or just fightable? I'm really stoked about the news, this is the first I've heard about extra characters :D

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Who are they adding?

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Venom
    Sabretooth
    Nightcrawler
    Magneto
    Cyclops
    Doctor Doom
    Incredible Hulk
    Hawkeye

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Accualt wrote: »
    $6.25 for 4 or $10 for 8. Suddenly I feel dirty for being so eager to spend $10 on eight characters when $60 got me a whole game full plus, you know, levels. Hopefully they added Flash Back missions for them, at least, but I highly doubt it since nothing has been mentioned of it.

i am torn for the same reason. 10 bucks is nothing to sneeze at. but I only paid $50 for my game. question about the game though. Have you decided if you are paying up or not? I cant decide I still havent unlocked even half the costumes or junk already in the game. But it has DOOM man...Doom...

AND Magneto ;_;

I have my team set as the Marvel Knights...anyone know how I can change the team name so I can get/unlock other bonuses?

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    For those with the PC version like me....

http://www.marvelmods.com/

I have the Moony and Colossus pack with all their extras and a reskin for Ultimate Deadpool so he's in his X Men suit. They also have a mod for the PSP characters, and a bunch of single character mods.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sonos wrote: »
    Accualt wrote: »

i am torn for the same reason. 10 bucks is nothing to sneeze at. but I only paid $50 for my game. question about the game though. Have you decided if you are paying up or not? I cant decide I still havent unlocked even half the costumes or junk already in the game. But it has DOOM man...Doom...

AND Magneto ;_;

I have my team set as the Marvel Knights...anyone know how I can change the team name so I can get/unlock other bonuses?

You can rename the team but it won't change the bonus. All you can do is go to somewhere like Gamefaqs and look at the teams there. There are a few situations where if you mix in the right four active members you can get multiple team bbonuses. Or if you ahev the PC version, Marvel Mods can tell you how to hack the team files to add whatever you like.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've been playing this game lately on the Wii, and I have to say that at this moment I hate you damn 360 players! Grrr.

Anyway, have they made any mention of making the new characters available through other means? Like downloading for the PC or putting them on the Wii Marketplace?

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've been playing this game lately on the Wii, and I have to say that at this moment I hate you damn 360 players! Grrr.

Anyway, have they made any mention of making the new characters available through other means? Like downloading for the PC or putting them on the Wii Marketplace?

There's no mention, but there's also no reason not to for either of those.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    *Can't wait for this game* If I can get AoA Sabertooth I'll be a happy camper.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The trailer on Live said "only on Xbox 360." I don't imagine a PC release will happen since pirating of it would be rampant. Wii & PS3 is possible but, uh, I don't think its going to happen. Why wouldn't they just release it all at the same time? I don't, I could see them getting added for a Player's Choice style re-print.

Accualt on