As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How much internet do I really need?(SOLVED)

ShadeShade Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
A long time ago I got 6Mbd/l service from comcast at 30 bucks promo price that eventually went up to $55. A while back I checked my service to find that instead of lowering the price when the service got cheaper they just increased my bandwidth now I'm at around 12Mbd/l. At what point should I call them up and tell them to keep me at a certain level?

Sure I like fast d/l but do I really need it when money is so tight?

EDIT: Nevermind, called comcast and they game me half off for the next 6 months!

Shade on

• Options
    eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Personally, I find fast download speeds to be a waste of money. It's great if you can download 12mbps as long as traffic isn't a consideration, but most ISPs also limit the amount of traffic you get per month without either incurring extra fees or getting possibly cut off due to overuse.

The only reason I'd get a more expensive high speed internet is because it offers more monthly traffic.

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png
This discussion has been closed.