As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Left4Dead: The End

• immortal squishimmortal squish Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Should we, perhaps, organize a bit what abilities people are taking? Or just wing it and have fun :P?

Spies, hundreds of them.

Everybody go spy and sprint for the safe room!

immortal squish on
    <3
    edited February 2010
    Should we, perhaps, organize a bit what abilities people are taking? Or just wing it and have fun :P?

Planning is for sissies!

(Still reading OP, so my opinion may change within the next few minutes)

Done with the OP... and yeah, I am now thinking some team synergy would be very helpful ;)

I have a couple of ideas what build I want to go with, and haven't submitted my choices yet. So, anyone wanting to make awesome team PM me.

immortal squish on
    <3
  • FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !sign up

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Planning is for sissies!

(Still reading OP, so my opinion may change within the next few minutes)

Done with the OP... and yeah, I am now thinking some team synergy would be very helpful ;)

I have a couple of ideas what build I want to go with, and haven't submitted my choices yet. So, anyone wanting to make awesome team PM me.

You might be a fucking zombie. Then I'm going to have to use a shotgun I found to blow your head off.

Thank God for Rednecks!

samurai6966 on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sign me up!

El Skid on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !Signed up

Cynic Jester on
  • iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Burnage wrote: »

Any attack by a zombie - be they standard or special - carries a 10% chance of transmitting the infection. If somebody is attacked ten times in a single night, then if they survive they will become infected. If they're immune, they won't see anything different - unless a medic investigates them, of course, in which case they'll be in for a nasty surprise and a vengeful village. If they're not immune, then on the next game day they will transform into a special infected. Win conditions will change, as will abilities. This change is irreversible.

I have a question about that section.

If you are immune and attacked 10 times, does that mean you become infected anyways but just won't know it?

iamthepieman on
    edited February 2010
    I read it as the medic will see them as infected, even though they won't turn.

Cynic Jester on
    edited February 2010
    How does spy/swift interact with percentage chance of infection?

If you are attacked three times with sly, do you have a 30% - 20% = 10% chance of infection? Or does being harder to hit not count towards infection? (you would still have a 30% chance of being infected)

El Skid on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    signup

Also, how do counterattacks work? Do you just automatically attack with whatever weapon you have equipped?

Robos A Go Go on
  • CoreGoonCoreGoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !Sign Up first, then read rules. Myes.

CoreGoon on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmmm. I've already spotted something I'd change if I could. I'll mention it now so I remember to discuss it at the end of the game.
    Kay wrote: »
    Does the Field Surgeon 'Investigate' power count as aiding your team-mates for the purpose of 'Spy sapping my zombie', or is this 'aiding' to do with helping rescue team-mates from Special Infected attacks and the like?

Can 'Investigate' be used on players not in your team, or are the only viable targets your team mates?

Investigating a player will break the spy's disguise.

Investigate can be used on any player; they need not be on your team.

Burnage wrote: »

Any attack by a zombie - be they standard or special - carries a 10% chance of transmitting the infection. If somebody is attacked ten times in a single night, then if they survive they will become infected. If they're immune, they won't see anything different - unless a medic investigates them, of course, in which case they'll be in for a nasty surprise and a vengeful village. If they're not immune, then on the next game day they will transform into a special infected. Win conditions will change, as will abilities. This change is irreversible.

I have a question about that section.

If you are immune and attacked 10 times, does that mean you become infected anyways but just won't know it?

A player immune to the effects of the infection can still carry it in their bloodstream. If an immune player is attacked 10 times in a single night, they are guaranteed to be a carrier.
    El Skid wrote: »
    How does spy/swift interact with percentage chance of infection?

If you are attacked three times with sly, do you have a 30% - 20% = 10% chance of infection? Or does being harder to hit not count towards infection? (you would still have a 30% chance of being infected)

Being harder to hit does not count against the chances of infection. A player with the sly trait will have a 20% chance to dodge a zombie's attack - assuming that zombie's attack would have hit in the first place - and if he or she is hit then she will have a 10% chance to be infected.

So; zombie has 50% chance to hit the sly player. If that attack is successful, player has 20% chance to dodge. If the dodge fails, there is then a 10% chance to be infected.

Also, how do counterattacks work? Do you just automatically attack with whatever weapon you have equipped?

Assuming you mean the counter-attacks granted by the vengeful and wrath of God traits - you'll automatically attack your assailant with your most powerful weapon.

Burnage on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If there's still room, Sign up to kill all sons of bitches.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited February 2010
    Hahaha...

So apparently the "being a spy and venturing out in your own little group" thing is not a viable option.

The whole "whoops some dickhead investigated me and now Im all alone with no weapons or items" scenario would suck. hard.

El Skid on
    edited February 2010
    So apparently the "being a spy and venturing out in your own little group" thing is not a viable option.

It is totally viable - normal zombies will ignore a spy completely.

A problem arises when a special infected decides to go om nom nom nom on your stealthy face.

Burnage on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    can I sign up?

M.D. on
    edited February 2010
    Hahaha...

The whole "whoops some dickhead investigated me and now Im all alone with no weapons or items" scenario would suck. hard.

I believe the spy has to be the one "Investigating" for his stealth to be broken.

The OP mentioned spies cannot carry weapons/items. Does this restriction also include grenades (which are listed seperately)?

immortal squish on
    <3
    edited February 2010
    The OP mentioned spies cannot carry weapons/items. Does this restriction also include grenades (which are listed seperately)?

Yes.

Burnage on
    edited February 2010
    Interesting

El Skid on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I think the plan is to become a Human Tank so that, when infected, I (hopefully) have a greater chance of becoming the Tank. Which, as we all know, is the ultimate goal.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am ten tanks.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited February 2010
    So I think the plan is to become a Human Tank so that, when infected, I (hopefully) have a greater chance of becoming the Tank. Which, as we all know, is the ultimate goal.

Once again, we can make Kime evil, and he dies a villager. I hope I'm a zombie now!

samurai6966 on
    edited February 2010
    Kime would be the bestest zombie.

I would laugh if Burnage "happened" to "RNG" him with immunity to being infected. >_>

El Skid on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I would laugh if Burnage "happened" to "RNG" him with immunity to being infected. >_>
    o_O

That would be horrible! I want to eat people!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited February 2010

o_O

Somewhere in an alternate universe...

Survivor Skid: Kime, what are you doing?? Why are you biting Fred!?

Survivor Kime: Apparently I'm immune to the zombie infection. But... I want to eat people!

Survivor Skid: o_O

El Skid on
    edited February 2010
    Holy cow. Apparently we filled up and I was the last one to make it in :o

El Skid on
    edited February 2010
    I'm waiting on thirteen players' traits. If I don't receive them in five or so hours' time, I'll just choose them randomnly for you.

Burnage on
    edited February 2010
    I'll get right around to selecting traits! But first:

1. What sort of damage can you do if you are unarmed? Like with 'Spy sapping my zombie'

2. Are grenades lost when used?

3. Can weapons run out of ammo?

4. Under "So what actions can I perform each night?" it seems like doing any of those other actions means you're all alone. Am I reading that right?

CoreGoon on
    edited February 2010

o_O

Somewhere in an alternate universe...

Survivor Skid: Kime, what are you doing?? Why are you biting Fred!?

Survivor Kime: Apparently I'm immune to the zombie infection. But... I want to eat people!

Survivor Skid: o_O

If it's that stupid Fred with the high pitched voice on YouTube, I want Kime to eat him. Like Cake!!!

Why can't he die!!!

samurai6966 on
    edited February 2010
    CoreGoon wrote: »
    What sort of damage can you do if you are unarmed? Like with 'Spy sapping my zombie'

You can't do any damage if you are unarmed. I can assure you that if you tried to punch an infected to death it would not end well for you.

Are grenades lost when used?

Yes.
    Can weapons run out of ammo?

No. Ammo is plentiful, it's the weapons themselves that are scarce.

Under "So what actions can I perform each night?" it seems like doing any of those other actions means you're all alone. Am I reading that right?

You'll still be in your group, you just won't help them fend off any waves of zombies. You will contribute towards repelling a special infected attack, however.

Burnage on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !sign up

If possible, could I save a spot for Demurist and Notch as well? I know they want to play in this but they won't get the chance to post until later today.

Winky on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You should change it to if people don't turn in traits then us reserves who dd can play.

M.D. on
    edited February 2010
    Aww snap. 1 off? Booo.

Cynic Jester on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aww dammit, that's another Burnage phalla I missed the sign up for!

!Reserve for closet rescue

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also anyone interested in partying please send me a PM. I'd like to join a party before the game starts if possible.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited February 2010
    Hmm. Choosing traits sure is hard. So much goodstuff to pick from.

CoreGoon on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A quick clarification on combat. If zombies have 20 hp and I fire a shotgun that does 40 damage, does it only hit one zombie or would it do the full 40 damage and kill off two zombies?

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited February 2010
    A quick clarification on combat. If zombies have 20 hp and I fire a shotgun that does 40 damage, does it only hit one zombie or would it do the full 40 damage and kill off two zombies?

You'll kill two. Call it splash damage or bullet penetration.

Those who take the Assassin trait can rest assured that their melee skills will be translated into zombie combat... somehow.

Burnage on
    edited February 2010
    Will the check for infections happen before or after the nights zombie attack?

CoreGoon on
    edited February 2010
    Aww snap. 1 off? Booo.

I just now noticed where the sign-ups cut off. D:

CoreGoon on