As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

An Adventurer is Us! [Kingdom of Loathing]

13»

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was the first dude to make a BRICKO gargantuchicken! And I think I was the first with a BRICKO chick.

I'm doing a 100% BRICKO chick HCNP run right now.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh man I still play this
    And I followed the chicken drama

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I really got tired of it about a year after ascension started...but I was really into it before that...the game was good back then, and easier to take in as a whole when it was smaller. I really kept playing for the people...but as soon as it just turned into ascension after ascension and turning into min-maxing I kind of lost interest.

I still have a shitload of meat sitting around in case I ever decide to come back.

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I am playing this now. I have a Lvl 6 pastamancer.

Anyone still playing?

Ludious on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yep, I play every day.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This game is pretty fun and hilarious but I eventually got frustrated and stopped coming back every day. There ought to be a stand-alone version with infinite turns. I'd definitely take the time to finish it then. Though of course I realize that trying to maximize your turns per day is sort of a large part of the game.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    yeah so i'm playing this again, i can't figure out how to train new spells and stuff for my pastamancer, also if theres a guild for PA i'd like to join

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    warmakerwarmaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lol I'm playing as a Disco bandit, this game is pretty hilarious. Nice change of pace!

warmaker on
  • Options
    Captain ActionCaptain Action Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ugh, got sucked back in when a friend told me about NS 13, the redone bounty system, etc...

I'm currently try to get the demon name from the friar's gate. I have the required item equipped but after 200 adventures spent, nothing.

Can you only get 1 name per ascension? Or does the non-combat adventure only happens once?

Captain Action on
  • Options
    GooglyBooglyGooglyBoogly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just started playing this for the first time.

I have to say that that using the bots for the 'free' boosts gives you a HUGE advantage when starting out.

If you look carefully there are even some bots that will provide free stuff to noobs like me.

I got a familiar and a bunch of booze + food that was really useful

GooglyBoogly on
    Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
    Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
  • Options
    mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm still playing, I have been off and on for about 4 years now. Feel free to send me a message in game if you have any questions, my old main has the same name that I use on this forum. I probably won't be on much this weekend, but I'll pop on here and there during the week usually.

mjn6172 on
    LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
  • Options
    AsharaxxAsharaxx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ugh, got sucked back in when a friend told me about NS 13, the redone bounty system, etc...

I'm currently try to get the demon name from the friar's gate. I have the required item equipped but after 200 adventures spent, nothing.

Can you only get 1 name per ascension? Or does the non-combat adventure only happens once?

Neither. It's just very random and terrible. I've been trying to get the Spooky Forest name for forever and I'd either get it and forget to write it down or I'd get it way before I could get the trumpet.

Asharaxx on
  • Options
    mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    In case anyone is still interested, there's a major world event that started today. The dev's have stated that this is going to end in a major revamp of Valhalla and the ascension system, with the goal of making the average run faster and skill perming / ascension rewards a little easier and more logical.

Of course, I may be the only one still playing this weird little game, so feel free to ignore me if noone else is interested :P

mjn6172 on
    LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    sounds interesting

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Captain ActionCaptain Action Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I should get back into this game. I stopped playing just after I got my sniffy tome. 8-)

Captain Action on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm a level 11 Disco Bandit and I don't know what to do at this point, I think I hit a bit of a grind point because I'm too low to hunt in my quest areas.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote:
    I'm a level 11 Disco Bandit and I don't know what to do at this point, I think I hit a bit of a grind point because I'm too low to hunt in my quest areas.

Go level up in Spookyraven Manor, specifically the Haunted Ballroom (for Moxie characters).

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tip, it lead to me starting the mcguffin quest. This game is awesome.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART