As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X-Men Thread: Regenesis is here, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Furu wrote: »
    Look I just want a new New X-Men book.

and Young X-Men doesn't count. It will never count.
    This is where you made me think of the glories of a book with Jubilee, Anole, Rockslide, Trance, Loa, and Dust again you know.

We need to pitch this to Marvel

I write you draw

or I draw you write

The results will be the same either way

Furu on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I got volumes 1, 3, and 4 of X-Factor at my seasonal one-day comic convention I go to and after reading through the first trade I have to say I like this story very much. Would it be wise to avoid the 6th volume though? That's the Secret Invasion arc with the Larry Stroman art. I think I have the first two issues of that arc since I was reading She-Hulk at the time and the art wasn't very good to say the least.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Jim McCann likes writing more than marketing, it seems. Dazzler One-Shot announced

Allison looks less like Dazzler on that cover and more like the Spaceman Ace Frehley.

Also, some more Second Coming teasers:

1265044023.jpg

1265650892.jpg

Is that Doug Ramsey in the middle?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nothing would ammuse me more then if Jean spontaneously came back to life and then got hit by a car 2 panels later fatally injuring her.

Also on the topic of X-books: Does Exiles count? cuz overall that series was great.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Still, it's better than his current look.

Are you talking about the shirtless look or Norman Osborn?

The shirtless, shoeless, X-tattoo on the breast look. All he needs is to sit on the quad with an acoustic guitar.

Man shut up shaman Nate was awesome

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gaddez wrote: »
    Nothing would ammuse me more then if Jean spontaneously came back to life and then got hit by a car 2 panels later fatally injuring her.

Also on the topic of X-books: Does Exiles count? cuz overall that series was great.

I had never read exiles before Parker's run, and I was only vaguely familiar with it because I checked out the wiki after hearing people talk about how awesome Blink was. Someone posted scans from Parker's Exiles #1 in one of the threads here, and I immediately hopped on. That book was fucking wonderful, every issue was always my favorite of its week. It's a shame it was canned, and I hope Parker will be placed back on something I care to read in the near future (Hulk? Thunderbolts? No thx).

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Jim McCann likes writing more than marketing, it seems. Dazzler One-Shot announced

Allison looks less like Dazzler on that cover and more like the Spaceman Ace Frehley.

Also, some more Second Coming teasers:

1265044023.jpg

1265650892.jpg

Is that Doug Ramsey in the middle?

Well he was brought back recently (complete with slightly amped up powers).

mattharvest on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's probably Elixer.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think it's probably time for Cable to bite it.

Again, because wasn't he 'dead' both before and after Cable and Deadpool?

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    I think it's probably time for Cable to bite it.

Again, because wasn't he 'dead' both before and after Cable and Deadpool?

Before, during, and after Cable and Deadpool, basically.

I can't remember exactly bu Magneto killed him something fierce in Fatal Attractions (ripped him in half). I think his ship brought him back to life at the last second?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I liked Cable in Cable & Deadpool when he was doing his messiah thing. The whole fighting to change the future schtick is admittedly tired, though, and he could use a new look.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I wouldn't mind to see Cable shelved for a bit. I just can't see a way to freshen him up, aside from maybe taking on a mentor/team leader roll again. Give him a moment with Nate Grey, a touching goodbye with Hope and Cyclops, and let him go out a hero.

And, dammit, have him wear the costume with the Captain America shield logo on the shoulder again. I loved that variation.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I liked Cable in Cable & Deadpool when he was doing his messiah thing. The whole fighting to change the future schtick is admittedly tired, though, and he could use a new look.

Did someone say bigger guns? I think I heard bigger guns. War Machine, Cable-style.

And a punch that has the power of kicks.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

That's Hope's power, the one Bishop is trying to stop.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

If Bishop had simply explained that at the beginning no one would have stopped him! I think they should remove Cable's legacy virus and de-age him so we can have to X-Man's. No I really do.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

If Bishop had simply explained that at the beginning no one would have stopped him! I think they should remove Cable's legacy virus and de-age him so we can have two X-Man's. No I really do.

The moment people start sitting down to rationally discuss things in comics is the day I stop buying comics.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    1265650892.jpg

I really dig Cable dressing up to match the others in the team.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    BostonGanglerBostonGangler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I like Cable, but I agree that he'll probably be dying soon. And Hope will be all like "oh no!" and that will become her whole character schtick then then at some point he'll come back for no apparent reason.

BostonGangler on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like Cable, but I agree that he'll probably be dying soon. And Hope will be all like "oh no!" and that will become her whole character schtick then then at some point he'll come back for no apparent reason.

Hope with give birth to him.

In the futurepast.

But not the days of future past

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

Hope with give birth to him.

In the futurepast.

But not the days of future past

Weeks of Future Past.

Cable will be younger than Nate, and Nate will be all like "Oh noes, I'm the old guy now!" and Cyclops will be all "Finally, I'm older than my own freaking son."

Tomanta on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Owenashi wrote: »

yeah some tailor in westchester county is getting fucking rich making top secret stealthy black suits for everyone in x-force.

edit- seriously though cable dies and comes back more often than his mom

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Owenashi wrote: »
    1265650892.jpg

You know, I would really be happy with this line up for X-force going forward. Maybe throw in Ninja Psylocke or Gambit for rounding out the group. Rahne never fit the book, and Warpath though he has been a decent addition has seemed a little forced as a killer. I liked both their subplots, but they tend to side track the book and be sort of shoe horned into whatever is going on at the time.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm kind of bothered that Rahne got yanked from X-Factor to get put in X-Force so she could murder people and get pregnant, and have Presbyterian guilt over both.

Munch on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rahne has been treated horribly recently. I'd be okay with it being a really unlucky Skrull that never got found out.

Also, even though it would mean I would have to start reading X-Force again, I kind of think Anole would make a good fit.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rahne has been treated horribly recently. I'd be okay with it being a really unlucky Skrull that never got found out.

Also, even though it would mean I would have to start reading X-Force again, I kind of think Anole would make a good fit.

Kyle and Yost are leaving X-Force after Second Coming though and they're like the only people that give a shit about the New X-Men cast.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I dunno, Anole's getting a story in the next Nation-X

I mean, it's going to be horrible, but still!

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Psylocke should never be in anything ever.

Langly on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I dont know...she is a solid if underdeveloped B player with Ninja skills you could do worse. Not alot of covert ops style females in the X-teams to choose from and a good writer could certainly use the oportunity to remodel her character a bit.

Hawkstone on
    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Psylocke and Colossus should totally hook up and make Kitty wish she was still in that bullet.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pete Wisdom needs to be on the X-Force team. And every other team in the Marvel universe.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Or make things really crazy and go the Ultimate route with Colossus and Northstar hooking up, leaving Kitty to get with Spider-Man.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Or make things really crazy and go the Ultimate route with Colossus and Northstar hooking up, leaving Kitty to get with Spider-Man.

I don't hate you because I'm sure you don't mean that.

One will sacrifice.... [your guess here] I really wish these big events would drop the lame attempts at hype generation.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I don't hate you because I'm sure you don't mean that.

One will sacrifice.... [your guess here] I really wish these big events would drop the lame attempts at hype generation.

Well that would be called bad marketing - something generally not desirable for companies that enjoy making money and staying in business.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Should I bother checking out that Jamie Madrox-centric miniseries if I'm getting into reading PAD's X-Factor?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Should I bother checking out that Jamie Madrox-centric miniseries if I'm getting into reading PAD's X-Factor?

it's basically a prelude to the current x-factor. it'll tell you why everyone is where they are right at the start of the new x-factor so, yeah it's helpful. plus it's a fun multiple man story that expands his powers in cool ways.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the main problem with Psylock post-resurrection is that no one's really put her anywhere or done anything with her of note. She's just hanging around the island so people can go "oh look, it's Psylock."

The most important role she's had since she came back was being willing to kill Cyclops if that shard of the Void got free in his mind. That's it.

My opinion, put her on the X-Force team and kick Rhane back to X-Factor (or put the she-wolf on maternity leave/give her a miniseries where she goes looking for her baby's daddy). Just do something with her for Peat's sake!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They can't, because Claremont would piss himself in sheer rage.

Furu on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Has anything happened in the Psylocke mini?

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Has anything happened in the Psylocke mini?

There's a what now?

HOW DID I MISS THIS!?!

I feel so ashamed :(

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It brings back all the stuff Niceiza tried to shoo away back around X-Men #20-24 with that Japanese guy, Matsuo.

TexiKen on