As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 1: The Adventure Begins!

• Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur!!

also, can we start at the pour house? that place is fantastic.

ALSO also, once you have the actual schedule down, please MAKE SURE that someone calls the bars and lets them know, especially if the groups get bigger than 25 apiece.

i was a part of santacon in boston before christmas and about a hundred santa clauses showed up at the 21st amendment and there was one bartender and one server. the entire time we were there they looked like someone shot their puppy.

We know what we're doing here. AtlusParker has always been on top of getting notification to the bars as to what's happening. You know you're in good hands when one of the bars had Polyjuice Potion and Butterbeer available for us.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rosters updated. If I've made a mistake.

Also until further notice, Team Blue is closed until the other teams catch up.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rosters updated. If I've made a mistake.

Also until further notice, Team Blue is closed until they stop being so awesome.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    HippowithwingsHippowithwings Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Registered here just to sign up for this!

Sign myself +2 (maybe 3) up for team Bulbasaur!

I am local aswell, so hit me up if you have any questions about the area/bars.

This is gonna be awesome.

Hippowithwings on
  • Options
    SrolSrol Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Okay, take two on the pub crawl. Seeing as it is the farthest behind on membership, I shall enlist my liver into the service of team !Pikachu.

Use it wisely.

Srol on
  • Options
    o55goteno55goten Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hello i'm new to the forums because its my first time going to pax. I choose !Charmander and I will have a +1

o55goten on
    When life gives you lemons
    Chuck'em at dam Cars
  • Options
    PercoPerco Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur! It's gonna be me +1 other dude.

Perco on
  • Options
    Roue CinnamonRoue Cinnamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    First time poster, first time PAX goer. So I choose you !Pikachu.

Coincidently three of my friends who don't have forum accounts also choose !Pikachu, so I guess throw me down for a +3 if you could.

Roue Cinnamon on
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    First time poster, first time PAX goer. So I choose you !Pikachu.

Coincidently three of my friends who don't have forum accounts also choose !Pikachu, so I guess throw me down for a +3 if you could.

Hooray! As your Professor I'd like to say welcome to the forums and the team. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    baelionbaelion Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Singollo wrote: »
    Well since baelion seems more content just helping out seems the prof spot still goes unfilled.
    I Herby volunteer as prof for team !Squirtle unless baelion contests it.

contest? I volunteered because our team was lacking leadership. thankfully, now i can just drink to my heart's content.
    Hey, can someone inform me as to the alcohol level in beer over there? people keep telling me i'll drink you under the table, but i assumed that alcohol levels would be as diverse as over here.
    and anywhere in boston that serves absinthe?

baelion on
    Masters Degree Student: PLEASE TALK TO ME ABOUT NERDCORE
    Twitter
    Lord help me, I chose !Squirtle
    munkeefish.png
  • Options
    Roue CinnamonRoue Cinnamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Rdr wrote: »
    Hooray! As your Professor I'd like to say welcome to the forums and the team. :)

Excellent, I feel quite welcome. As for the beer alcohol levels I'm curious about that myself. Even though I work at a Liquor Store up here in Canadia, most of the American brands are brewed by the local giants to local tastes.

Also, apparently one of my friends DID sign up for the forum without telling me. So you can change one of my +1s to Salpedro. I feel my stat bonuses shrinking.

Roue Cinnamon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Excellent, I feel quite welcome. As for the beer alcohol levels I'm curious about that myself. Even though I work at a Liquor Store up here in Canadia, most of the American brands are brewed by the local giants to local tastes.

Also, apparently one of my friends DID sign up for the forum without telling me. So you can change one of my +1s to Salpedro. I feel my stat bonuses shrinking.

Atlus hasn't revised the teams since your +3 post so you can still edit it to +2.

Rdr on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    baelion wrote: »
    Well since baelion seems more content just helping out seems the prof spot still goes unfilled.

contest? I volunteered because our team was lacking leadership. thankfully, now i can just drink to my heart's content.
    Hey, can someone inform me as to the alcohol level in beer over there? people keep telling me i'll drink you under the table, but i assumed that alcohol levels would be as diverse as over here.

Like anywhere else in the world, it all depends on the beer you drink. You'll find the standard variety of ales, stoughts, pilsners, etc, although you'll probably find a larger selection of "light" beers on tap here.
    I'm pretty sure that none of the local bars have absinthe.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    that kinda sucks. just bought myself a bottle of the 70% stuff and am slowly drinking my way through it. was hoping to throw some orders for absinthe cocktails at barstaff and see what's what.

thanks for the word on the beers. i can't imagine it being far off the 4-5% stuff i'm used to anyway.

baelion on
    Twitter
    munkeefish.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thingamabobys updated, including team changes.

Team Blue is temporarily reopened as it has 2 spots to fill before it this the soft cap again. The same holds true for Team Green.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is it too late to join !Charmander enthusiasts on this epic journey?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    Is it too late to join !Charmander enthusiasts on this epic journey?

Nope.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Excellent. Drunken fun times are among the better fun times

Goose! on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I choose !Pikachu

LewieP also chooses !Pikachu

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I choose !Pikachu

Hooray! Would you be interested in being the other Assistant?

Rdr on
  • Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Myself and my +2 also choose you !Pikachu !!!

AngryPuppy on
    PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    Loser4NowLoser4Now Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    was hoping to throw some orders for absinthe cocktails at barstaff and see what's what.

thanks for the word on the beers. i can't imagine it being far off the 4-5% stuff i'm used to anyway.

You can try for absinthe, it's not illegal stateside anymore. Though not guaranteed, some of the trendier / hippier joints may have it.

Depending on where we go, expect anywhere between 4 - 12 %, with the standard being ~4.5.

Of course, being in Boston, I'd recommend checking out http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/ to see what you might like to try. Also I've heard good things about the Beer Works, though I have no first hand knowledge.

</boozegeek>

Loser4Now on
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ukiyo e wrote: »

Like anywhere else in the world, it all depends on the beer you drink. You'll find the standard variety of ales, stoughts, pilsners, etc, although you'll probably find a larger selection of "light" beers on tap here.
    I'm pretty sure that none of the local bars have absinthe.

A few of the local bars have absinthe, but the area around hynes isn't exactly what you'd consider high end bars ... They mostly cater to the college crowds. Deep Ellum in Allston, Eastern Standard in Kenmore, and Drink in Fort Point all have had Absinthe on the menu ... :)

As for beer ... if you're willing to make a trip to Allston you can visit Sunset Grill - home of 112 beers on tap. It's a pretty happy place for a beer geek. The food is pretty decent too.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Well ya i didn't want to steal your thunder and as you seemed more into just being a party goer i figured id step in and and let you do what you wanted too. Its all good

Side note I am working on an idea ok well a n outfit that has squirtle images. Wish i had photoshop and better skills in photoshop hehe.

Singollo on
  • Options
    TedeviumTedevium Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Just a question, is it possible for people to come along without being in a group? A few of us would love to show off pokemon outfits but are between featherweight and lightweights =P

Tedevium on
  • Options
    burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My self and 5 friends for team !Charmander (total of 6 people).

Since I won't be drinking that night (driving later), my services are available.

burnttoast45 on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tedevium wrote: »
    Just a question, is it possible for people to come along without being in a group? A few of us would love to show off pokemon outfits but are between featherweight and lightweights =P

Drinking isn't a mandatory if you're in a group. Last year we had "muggles", which is where your "if I so much as even smell alcohol I start wearing lampshades" and "I'll only have one beer but I'm really just here to hang out with people" were. They're also useful as group organizers, what with that whole sobriety thing (of course Ravenclaw made it to each bar just fine with me leading them, and that was after starting round one with a double shot of blueberry schnapps/Goldschlager, a bourbon and coke and a Cherry Potter...I'm amazed we didn't wind up in Bellevue).

That being said, if you're certainly free to hop around bars showing off your duds to the groups. Free country and all that.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    badrewbadrew Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I choose you, !Squirtle
    Badrew +3 coming from Indiana

On a side note, is anyone else here crashing in the Boston hostel??

PPS, if that Pikachu cosplay girl is coming, I'm changing to team yellow......

badrew on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    badrew wrote: »
    I choose you, !Squirtle

And which Pikachu cosplay girl would that be as im sure there are multiples haha

Singollo on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I choose !Pikachu

Not sure how much of the crawl I'll be at, cos it depends how tired I'll be, and how far we will be walking. Tell me what's involved first!

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I choose !Pikachu

Not sure how much of the crawl I'll be at, cos it depends how tired I'll be, and how far we will be walking. Tell me what's involved first!

I don't know exactly. First time for me. But I guess it'd be staying till 2am. If you aren't able to then thats fine. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    She'll be in bed by 11pm most likely.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks for the info guys. if it means a trek to go find these bars, and they aren't part of the crawl (guessing they might not be? depends how far they are and how far we go i suppose) does anyone feel like joining me for a wander? i'm probably not signing up to the mystery tour so i'll have not much to do thursday daytime, and i don't fly out until tuesday so monday's clear too.

baelion on
    Twitter
    munkeefish.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LewieP wrote: »
    She'll be in bed by 11pm most likely.

Sad, but true :(

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I choose you, !Squirtle

And which Pikachu cosplay girl would that be as im sure there are multiples haha

Well I was thinking about this one off hand, maybe she'll come to PAX and do Squirtle haha
    Jessica-Nigri-Pikachu-2.jpg

badrew on
  • Options
    ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I CHOOSE YOU !CHARMANDER

ikelewis on
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Team Red now has sooooo many members.

thus, we are awesome.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Also, I'm not a big costume wearer, but I would sport some squirtle sunglasses. Do these exist anywhere??

badrew on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rastas updated.

The following team are temporarily closed:
    Team Red
    Team Blue

That is all.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Also, I'm not a big costume wearer, but I would sport some squirtle sunglasses. Do these exist anywhere??

Not sure seems squirtle is tough to find stuff in adult sizes. I am trying to design some squirtle attire (hat, shirt, etc) that fit someone like me. Though i am photoshop challenged. SO will see what happens with it as time is running out.

Singollo on
This discussion has been closed.