As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Global Agenda] Thar be elves in my launch day!

1575859606163»

• ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, let me ask this:

Would you recommend the game going off of what's in now, and whatever content update is coming up next?

Archonex on
  • FormalhouteFormalhoute Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd always recommend it, even if you don't plan on subbing under any circumstance at least you can get the purchase price worth of fun out of the basic content.
    Also, even if you have light to moderate lag we figured out with Fortan the other night that it isn't much of a handicap if you use non-target sensitive AoE weapons like tremor launcher or demolition launcher.

Formalhoute on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Archonex wrote: »
    Well, let me ask this:

Would you recommend the game going off of what's in now, and whatever content update is coming up next?

Yes

It still has very solid PVP and PVE gameplay with aspects of MMOs mixed in to change things up

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The game is worth buying right now, last week, and last month.

Jasconius on
  • MifioMifio MrrlendRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I want this game, but I can't do the monthly subscription at the moment, however, is the 'basic' content still worth it?

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mifio wrote: »
    I want this game, but I can't do the monthly subscription at the moment, however, is the 'basic' content still worth it?

Basically if you play it like you play TF2 then you dont need to subscribe. If all you need are normal matches, etc.

Rend on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    -I- want this game, but am unable to snag it. Wonder if they're successful enough if they'll think of sending out copies for stores? Maybe? Please?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Gerbil2309 wrote: »
    Australian here, and i've played medic and robotic to 20 in the beta and have an assault at 20 now.

It's very playable. I think it varies depending on your class and how you like to play (robotics being easiest, minigun assault being perhaps most challenging).

Even as an assault i haven't had too much issue. I can't speak too much about how recons play.
    I haven't really had any problems as a minigun assault playing from Europe.
    zilo wrote: »
    Someday I'll be able to get home in time to play AvA. Never on Citadel but maybe Warlord.

How'd the thing with Titan Alliance start? It sounds fun.
    They attacked our HQ, so we decided to field a ten robotics defense team (this meant rolling a robotics there and then for some of us) and with our lovely class makeup and too many defensive weapons we defended pretty easily. Some guy from their team then whispered "have fun only having one hex" to one of our guys so we were forced to take one of their hexes, thereby doubling our territory.

815165 on
  • Galf0rgheedGalf0rgheed Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also note that ALL content is available for free until March 3rd so if you're interested now; buy now.

Galf0rgheed on
    GlobalAgenda: DeadDave
    RL: AliveDave...or just Dave
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I got this game for $37 as part of a four pack. I am completely comfortable saying that it was a totally worthwhile purchase as is. If they manage to add a whole bunch of cool new content, I may subscribe, though if nothing new is introduced I will definitely not. They've said they're about to introduce a bunch of new content, though.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • MifioMifio MrrlendRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Read up some of the conquest stuff, and watched the video. On the video, the zones seemed kind of small, does that factor into the gameplay at all?

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mifio wrote: »
    Read up some of the conquest stuff, and watched the video. On the video, the zones seemed kind of small, does that factor into the gameplay at all?
    You really only use one part of the map at a time in conquest.

There are three points which attackers need to take in a certain order within a set time limit, taking a point adds five minutes to the time. The attackers only win if they take all three points.

So what happens is that everyone on defense goes to set up at the first point before the game starts, and they defend that as long as they can before losing the point and having to fall back to point two, etc.

edit: Basically you have all twenty people using one area at the same time, before moving on to the next area. The map size only comes into account when players are respawning and their beacons (portable respawn location) have been destroyed, so they have to fly all the way to the correct spot. Managing your beacon well is really important in AvA.

815165 on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    edit: Basically you have all twenty people using one area at the same time, before moving on to the next area. The map size only comes into account when players are respawning and their beacons (portable respawn location) have been destroyed, so they have to fly all the way to the correct spot. Managing your beacon well is really important in AvA.

We had a very successful defense match where an assault carried the beacon at all times and just dropped it if people died - then a robo built it, people teleported over and the assault picked it up again.

Echo on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TF2 had the same delay in healing so I doubt that will give me much trouble since I'm used to that. It's what spurred me to be such an aggressive healer in tf2, because I couldn't wait till the last minute.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Alright, we need a new thread. Since I wrote most of the first one I'll do it I guess.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=13569178#post13569178

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
This discussion has been closed.