As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heavy Rain: The origami is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    god i wish i had money

i want nothing more than to buy a ps3 and play this game

i don't know if i've ever wanted anything more in my life

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    we need more games that are strictly dialog and choice based

shooting guns is fine but man

give me a game that lets me talk to a person all day and I'm a happy guy

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    im pressing x as hard as I fucking can over here

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    we need more games that are strictly dialog and choice based

shooting guns is fine but man

give me a game that lets me talk to a person all day and I'm a happy guy

One of my other design docs that's slated for Blue Planet is a "The Fugitive"/"Minority Report" style game where you are an ordinary dude who has to escape the police and evade capture until you can solve the mystery.

Obviously, shooting at cops isn't going to do much for your chances, and even if you uncover the plot, if you've murdered people to do so, you're still going to jail.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This had better bet up on the PSN store for reals by the time I get home today

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'd play the heck out of that

even if it sounds a lot like Indigo Prophecy before that goes pear-shaped

hell, because of that

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    BUY IT

Maybe when it's down to like forty bucks, but I can only afford to buy one game this month and that money's going to Miles Edgeworth.

And then the new Pokemon hits next month. I can't justify spending 60 on a game I'll play for a total of maybe like 25 hours when I'll probably dump over 100 into Heart Gold for only 35.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd play the heck out of that

even if it sounds a lot like Indigo Prophecy before that goes pear-shaped

hell, because of that

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Demo?!? Why am I hanging out with my stupid bumfag friends when there's a demo for Heavy Rain to play?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    one of my favorite moments in Indigo Prophecy (I'll spoil this in case anyone's planning on playing it)
    is when you have to save that girl who fell in the frozen lake, and the cop from the diner's there and you're like OH SHIT and it's all tense and then he lets you go

that shit was awesome

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dammit, why does the one PS3 exclusive I give a shit about have to come out in the 2 month period where I don't have a PS3?

Ten on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is Indigo Prophecy on Xbox Originals? Maybe I should play through that again.

Ten on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yes it is

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yeah I could see myself doing that.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It is also on Steam.

I think I got it for like 3 bucks over christmas.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2010
    so this looks p. dumb

bongi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    one of my favorite moments in Indigo Prophecy (I'll spoil this in case anyone's planning on playing it)
    is when you have to save that girl who fell in the frozen lake, and the cop from the diner's there and you're like OH SHIT and it's all tense and then he lets you go

that shit was awesome

Exactly. That scene was dead-on. I really wish they would've spent more time with that part of the plot.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    bongi wrote: »
    so this looks p. dumb

this reminds me that I saw someone use the phrase "p. coo" in a thread somewhere and my eyes started bleeding.

edit: I just typed breathing instead of bleeding, which is also a weird image but doesn't make as much sense.

Langly on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    so this looks p. dumb

this reminds me that I saw someone use the phrase "p. coo" in a thread somewhere and my eyes started bleeding.

well you're not v. coo then are you

bongi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No this game does not look dumb at all. I am guessing most people don't really know how the branching storyline works.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No, not v. coo at all

:(

Langly on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2010
    i guess i just fundamentally disagree with the notion that the best way to improve game narrative is to remove control from the players

discuss

bongi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i loved indigo prophecy even after it went insane

i also loved shenmue

i think qtes are awesome

sorry bongi

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i guess i just fundamentally disagree with the notion that the best way to improve game narrative is to remove control from the players

discuss

bongi, I don't think you understand how this game works at all.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm seeing a lot of controlling going on in this game

Yep, quite a bit of controlling

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    satansfingers we are bros

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I hear there's tits in this game.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

i tried to press X to brohug but i accidentally hit square and punched you in the dick

sorry

satansfingers on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

discuss

bongi, I don't think you understand how this game works at all.

dunno man, I kind of get where he's coming from

did you see the videos that were on GT a while back? it was a bunch of different runthroughs of the (spoilers I guess?)
    drug store robbery. and they were all pretty different, and that was cool, since every action you took made the scene play out a different way

but every scene ended the exact same way--you got the information you wanted, and left. so you dont really have that much control, but you have the illusion of control, which seems much worse than just being a linear story where it doesnt matter what you do. for some reason.

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    NotACrook wrote: »
    BUY IT

Maybe when it's down to like forty bucks, but I can only afford to buy one game this month and that money's going to Miles Edgeworth.

And then the new Pokemon hits next month. I can't justify spending 60 on a game I'll play for a total of maybe like 25 hours when I'll probably dump over 100 into Heart Gold for only 35.

whaaaat miles edgeworth is out this month?

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

discuss

QTEs are amazing and though Shenmue was an overall shitty game, I'm grateful to it for putting that into modern games

More thankful to RE4 and God of War for jump-starting it

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

discuss

QTEs are amazing and though Shenmue was an overall shitty game, I'm grateful to it for putting that into modern games

More thankful to RE4 and God of War for jump-starting it

you're a shitty game

satansfingers on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

discuss

i'm not sure how heavy rain in particular is removing control from the players

it's not an open-world role-player, that's for sure, but david cage has worked very hard to make sure player choice has a meaningful outcome

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I heard it controls awkwardly for movement though. Can anyone who has played the demo comment on that?

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »

discuss

i'm not sure how heavy rain in particular is removing control from the players

it's not an open-world role-player, that's for sure, but david cage has worked very hard to make sure player choice has a meaningful outcome

Right. The whole point of the game is that just about every choice you make affects the story in some way.

i tried to press X to brohug but i accidentally hit square and punched you in the dick

sorry

Oh man, if I'm in the ER with hurtdick I can't save you from the monster in chapter nine

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    I heard it controls awkwardly for movement though. Can anyone who has played the demo comment on that?

I heard you control awkwardly for movement

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I heard this game is amazing

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

I took your mom for a demo

The movement was definitely awkward

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

It takes some getting used to. You have a "walk" button that you hold down to move and you orient yourself in the direction you want to walk with the analog stick. It feels weird at first but after a little bit it becomes pretty natural. It does lead to some pretty funny/awkward stumbling around right at first.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I heard you control awkwardly for movement

Damnit I told her not to tell anyone about that.

Artreus on