As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Clawshrimp and Co: Under New Management (PA ALLY PvE Guild)

• Options
    DarhgoDarhgo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i'm not casual!!

haha oh wait, yes i am.

yeah man, come on and join. i've been in since level 1, and it took me about, 8 months to get there. COME AWN. :)

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arlenthor - Paladin (6 Primary Alt)
    Binwin - Hunter (19 Twink)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
    Server: Draenor, Guild: Clawshrimp & Co. Rank: Lobster
  • Options
    NamonNamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Welp I made a mage named Naemah, I got on the pa chat channel but couldn't get a response I will try later.

Namon on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Namon wrote: »
    Welp I made a mage named Naemah, I got on the pa chat channel but couldn't get a response I will try later.

Just whisper Khazalid or Hashashiims we'll see if we can get this done today.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    NamonNamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ok I'll get on tonight and do that. I'm usually not on until 8 cst or so. Will that be an issue?

Namon on
  • Options
    AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It shouldn't be, there's usually an officer on at that time. I think half of our officers are farther west than CST.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AfroJ wrote: »
    It shouldn't be, there's usually an officer on at that time. I think half of our officers are further west than CST.

i've had skitchy internet since we've had a blizzard in DC and are currently getting more snow.

was able to get on the other day for about 10 minutes, but that's about it.

of course our internet was up during maintenance. :)

posted from my phone.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SightTDW wrote: »
    There are still a number of us that need Triumph badges for T9 or heirlooms, so feel free to pop on and ask around. It's not uncommon for us to get a full group for heroics together.

I will say that running heroics with guildies was lots of fun, even chain-running them. It takes away the tension I feel with PUGs, always wondering if the next one is going to be a catastrophe.

Plus sometimes I actually am forced into DPS mode once in awhile since a healer always seems to come along. :D

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ill be down for a heroic chain run of course this means ill be going for more than just 5 heroics, more like 12.

Also got my first piece of t9 last night and looking to get about 2 more tonight. Yes I will be completely geared by the end of the week.

Unliess Ymirion decides he doesn't want to drop the Red sword of Courage... effing prick.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    AlethiometerAlethiometer Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What could you guys use most for raiding and other jobs? I'm coming back to the game after an absence and I'd like to transfer a toon over and start taking a more casual, not so cutting edge approach. Here's what I've got:

Feral tank/Feral dps, 245/264 geared

Enhance/Resto Shaman, 245 geared

Shadow Priest, 232 geared

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Either the Feral Tank or the Shammie, whichever you enjoy playing the most. We have enough priests to start a convent :winky:.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The last time I was playing, the guild had enough druids to start a circle, too. It was pretty funny.

But overall, tanks seem to be the most in demand... never enough of them to go around.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    AlethiometerAlethiometer Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Is there a lot of raiding going on? I'm not really interested in being omgfirst to kill anything these days, but I would like to work my way through ICC 10 before the next expansion at the very least. If the guild isn't doing it actively, is it puggable on Draenor?

Also, my wife has a hunter and a mostly 264 geared disc/holy priest. Obviously you've got quite a few, but would she still be welcome?

Alethiometer on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Is there a lot of raiding going on? I'm not really interested in being omgfirst to kill anything these days, but I would like to work my way through ICC 10 before the next expansion at the very least. If the guild isn't doing it actively, is it puggable on Draenor?

Also, my wife has a hunter and a mostly 264 geared disc/holy priest. Obviously you've got quite a few, but would she still be welcome?

She is more than welcome.

We are currently raiding once a week on Sunday evenings at 6pm PST. We're all pretty chill Penny Arcade type people, and we started swapping people in and out to make sure everyone gets a shot in ICC.

Draenor is a little rough for PUGing ICC. One of our priests was pugging it pretty regularly, though, so if that's something you'd like to do we certainly don't discourage it.

We've also been handling 10 man ICC very well, so getting that version on farm by the time Cata comes out is definitely within reach.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DRUID LOOT IS MINE! But seriously I don't mind, will finally have a use to go boomkin in raids much to the delight of our caster DPS. You know who you are.

skorch on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm not going to let a stink'n rocket chicken steal my lootz.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    skorch wrote: »
    DRUID LOOT IS MINE! But seriously I don't mind, will finally have a use to go boomkin in raids much to the delight of our caster DPS. You know who you are.

I've got no idea what you're talking about

Oh God Moonkin Aura it feels so good.

In other news, I'm going to be reformatting tonight, so I may vanish for a day or so. I'll be back well before Sunday, so no worries there.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    edited February 2010

In other news, I'm going to be reformatting tonight, so I may vanish for a day or so. I'll be back well before Sunday, so no worries there.

Copy your wow folder. You don't have to re-install or anything, just drag the folder into a separate partition/external drive and then drag it back into program files when you're done. It works like a charm and will save you babysitting your dvd drive through 10 discs.

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    XtralifeXtralife Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I kind of have a feeling of loyalty towards my guild, as one of the members bought me Burning Crusade, but I'm up for any raids and whatnot. I'm almost at 80 and I need to start getting out of my quest greens.

Xtralife on
    Twitter Facebook Steam XBL Google+ Dropbox: get 250mb free
    Minecraft username is the same. No server yet.
    Battle.net: majesticslump@aol.com
    Not too active on Steam, my computer sucks. Still no XBL Gold account. DS friend codes in spoiler.
    ACWW: 2063-9673-0359
    GTA Chinatown Wars: 0388-4661-8548
    Jump Ultimate Stars: 5155-6844-1452
    Mario Kart: 4811-3240-0433
    Scribblenauts: 4812-6335-7531
    Starfox Command: 1139-8027-6150
    Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: 4211-4545-9789
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »

Copy your wow folder. You don't have to re-install or anything, just drag the folder into a separate partition/external drive and then drag it back into program files when you're done. It works like a charm and will save you babysitting your dvd drive through 10 discs.

The beauty of the WotLK DvD is that you just need to install that and then worry about the patches that came after.

Seg on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I tried the whole moving of my WoW folder one time and it worked, except it wouldn't update properly. Not really sure why that happened. I had to reinstall completely on that new PC, but oh well.

SteevL on
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Noisymunk wrote: »

She is more than welcome.

We are currently raiding once a week on Sunday evenings at 6pm PST. We're all pretty chill Penny Arcade type people, and we started swapping people in and out to make sure everyone gets a shot in ICC.

Draenor is a little rough for PUGing ICC. One of our priests was pugging it pretty regularly, though, so if that's something you'd like to do we certainly don't discourage it.

We've also been handling 10 man ICC very well, so getting that version on farm by the time Cata comes out is definitely within reach.

Raid time is 2PM PST on Sundays. Typically runs until about 6PM.

I fully expect to complete at least ICC 10 within the next couple of months (or sooner). We had a very smooth clear of the first wing our first try through a couple weeks ago, and I expect we'll get through at least a boss or two from the second wing this week.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've got no issue with installing the entire thing again. I've got plenty of other things to get up and running while I'm at it. My concern is redoing my UI, which is going to take more time than anything, but I've got me a big ol' list of fancy new add-ons to play with.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You guys and your fancy add-ons. Real dudes play with the default UI.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    when you reinstall, i think it starts you at patch 3.2 now or something. it's not as a bad as it used to be.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    awesome, i finally get internet back, and can get on to play and start work on love fool, and draenor is down for emergency maintenance.

GAH.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It needed it, WoW has been lagtastic since Tuesday.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yeah just frustrating. i've been working really hard to make sure i've been getting all the seasonal metas.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I really need to get a bouquet for that last achievement. I haven't done the questline to kill the dudes in SFK, but I don't really care about it.

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You're not being a very good Loremaster.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Psh, none of those holiday quests count for Loremaster.

SteevL on
  • Options
    skorchskorch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Elders supposedly do. But that may be just hearsay, not that it matters to me.

skorch on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey guys, I'm curious as to know what protocol I should follow to ask for a guild invite?

I've owned WoW since release, but I'm what you would call the MOST casual player. As of New Years Day, the main on my old (recently compromised :() account was a 74 human rogue, with a few alts ranging from levels 20-65.

I'm interested in either rolling Beast Mastery Hunter or Assassination Rogue (or Combat for leveling), and just having fun enjoying the game. After taking the hit of having my account taken away from me by greasy gold sellers, I'm back just to enjoy the company, no rush to get to endgame raiding or competitive pvp: Just good conversation. :^:
    I ALSO LIKE LONG WALKS ON THE BEACH AND OATMEAL COOKIES

Kami on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kami wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm curious as to know what protocol I should follow to ask for a guild invite?

I've owned WoW since release, but I'm what you would call the MOST casual player. As of New Years Day, the main on my old (recently compromised :() account was a 74 human rogue, with a few alts ranging from levels 20-65.

I'm interested in either rolling Beast Mastery Hunter or Assassination Rogue (or Combat for leveling), and just having fun enjoying the game. After taking the hit of having my account taken away from me by greasy gold sellers, I'm back just to enjoy the company, no rush to get to endgame raiding or competitive pvp: Just good conversation. :^:

I joined by joining the /pa channel and then asking someone for an invite. But that was like a year ago I think. But it seems like that channel still has people popping into it. Or you can do a /who Clawshrimp and someone there should be able to help you join.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kami wrote: »
    Whatever you do, do not mention cookies in guild chat. A plague will be brought upon you the likes of which you have never seen.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kami

Just join /pa and hopefully an officer will be on.

zilcoe and i are often on during the day, wild is on afternoons, early evenings, and celic and blusella are on at night, during the week.

i believe all the officers auto-join pa, so just holler in there.

Darhgo on
    Arlenth - Priest (80)
    Arleah - Bank Alt (1)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DID SOMEONE SAY COOKIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    LeftOnRedLeftOnRed Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You've procced cookie macro spam before joining, this does not bode well.....

Seriously though, ask in the PA channel for an invite. If nobody responds, just do a /who clawshrimp and whisper somebody to have an officer invite you and we'll get you taken care of.

LeftOnRed on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Many thanks gang, I'll do that shortly! Also, what delectable treats can I speak of, if not the ill-fated cookie :(

Kami on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You may speak of pie, and if anyone in this guild dares to bastardize pie with some sort of macro so help me

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well much to my surprise the reformat went...very poorly. As it turns out, my wireless card does no have any 64-bit drivers. Luckily it was already a piece of crap, so I don't mind replacing it, but unless I find something decently priced in town, I won't be on until Tuesday or so. Only alternative is if I can get it to connect through a friend's laptop, which refuses to work so far.

Oh, and it keeps popping up with a hard drive failure message, when it's perfectly fine, but that's just a little annoyance.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be able to make it for ICC. I can still get online for little things from an old macbook a bit, but It's not actually playable from it.

SightTDW on
This discussion has been closed.