As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 2-10-10: British slang ahoy, nee a problem, wot?

2»

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    The Blue Beetle co-feature in Booster Gold comes to an end
    1zf71c.jpg

Young Justice did that joke way better.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    She was Secretary of Methuman Affairs in Luthor's Administration. Waller was also one of the highest ranking people in Checkmate, who made Alan Scott look like a chump all the time wut wut high five.

And here is Kara without a cleavage window, it's so simple why didn't DC think of this sooner? Justify it all you want but that made the character laughable:

Context: Magog and Kara are sparring, Magog goes on a meta rant about criminals getting out of jail and killing more and more people. He then tells Kara to take her best shot:

jsaas3a.jpg

If Freddie Williams did that without talking to Power Girl's solo team first, I'm going to go ahead and call him a giant douche. Amanda Conner already redesigned her costume for their book. Is he going to go ahead and redesign Magog's costume next without telling Giffen?

Also, I've no clue why Sturges is suddenly calling her Kara again, outside of when she was talking to Kal-L in Infinite Crisis, her name's been Karen for years (and still is in her solo book).

Wait, her name is Karen? I thought it was Kara. It was Kara zor-el in the before time, right?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kar..an

Langly on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Delduwath wrote: »
    It was pretty entertaining, but I'm not sure it was worth the money.

Although, I will admit that I liked how the character backstory was not what I was expecting it to be.

I'm really surprised Way played that entire issue straight.

Like, you'd think a story about a gunslinging monkey would have an element of humor in it, but nope. Which is, in and of itself, kind of funny.

Munch on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    It was pretty entertaining, but I'm not sure it was worth the money.

Although, I will admit that I liked how the character backstory was not what I was expecting it to be.

I'm really surprised Way played that entire issue straight.

Like, you'd think a story about a gunslinging monkey would have an element of humor in it, but nope. Which is, in and of itself, kind of funny.

At first, I didn't realize that the preview at the end of the issue (it was for what, like X-Factor or something?) was a preview, I thought it was still part of the same comic. So I was like "Oh, so... was the whole thing like a fairy tale that Scott was telling the baby? That must be why the art style is so different between the two - one style for the story, one for the real world. But then, why was the story so violent?".

Then I realized that it was a preview, and was kinda disappointed.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2010
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    The Blue Beetle co-feature in Booster Gold comes to an end
    1zf71c.jpg

Young Justice did that joke way better.

well duh

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    She was Secretary of Methuman Affairs in Luthor's Administration. Waller was also one of the highest ranking people in Checkmate, who made Alan Scott look like a chump all the time wut wut high five.

And here is Kara without a cleavage window, it's so simple why didn't DC think of this sooner? Justify it all you want but that made the character laughable:

Context: Magog and Kara are sparring, Magog goes on a meta rant about criminals getting out of jail and killing more and more people. He then tells Kara to take her best shot:

jsaas3a.jpg

If Freddie Williams did that without talking to Power Girl's solo team first, I'm going to go ahead and call him a giant douche. Amanda Conner already redesigned her costume for their book. Is he going to go ahead and redesign Magog's costume next without telling Giffen?

Also, I've no clue why Sturges is suddenly calling her Kara again, outside of when she was talking to Kal-L in Infinite Crisis, her name's been Karen for years (and still is in her solo book).

Wait, her name is Karen? I thought it was Kara. It was Kara zor-el in the before time, right?

Pre-Crisis it was Kara Zor-L, Post-Crisis it was Kara of Atlantis and since she's been in the JSA, I'm pretty sure it's just been Karen. Honestly, I can't remember much of the first few JSA arcs but the only time I can remember her being called Kara was in Infinite Crisis, by Earth-2 Superman. Johns even had the new Earth-2 Justice Society Infinity call her Karen.

Anyway, I've only read Batman and Robin so far and I loved it.
    Crazy Evil Batman fit incredibly well into Final Crisis and completely explained the whole body issue.

I did notice another editing screw-up though, with Dick's dialogue obviously coming from the wrong character. I wonder if they'll go for the hat-trick in Cameron Stewart's third issue. I also wonder if they sort those issues out for the trades, surely it should be obvious to anyone that actually reads the book?

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    BostonGanglerBostonGangler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    DCP76.jpg

BostonGangler on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That picture lacks so many 'Bwah-hah-ha's'

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    BostonGanglerBostonGangler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yeah, although it's more insane rage-scream (think Howard Dean) than malevolent laughter

BostonGangler on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Deadshot isn't anything like those two. Everybody should read Secret Six, but if you're interested in Deadshot, You should still read all of it because it's awesome

Corrected and limed.
    DCP76.jpg

What this panel really needs is a big speech bubble with WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! in it.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spider-Man
    tasm620018.jpg

Would've been nice to see Beck get away with it though

Was actually decent this week.

GROING

best SFX ever?

No. ARTHISTORY! from Incredible Herc when he fought his dead half in the part of Hades that looked like the depiction of Hell from Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delight was the best SFX ever. Actually, all of the sound effects in that issue are tied for best ever.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Phonogram 7

everything about it

So, I won't be able to pick this up for at least a month, and I still haven't gotten my copy of issue 6.

This makes me incredibly sad.

Kiwi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That sucks.

My moment of the week was Unwritten #10 as Tom and friends wander through what seems to be an echo of 1930s (or 1940) Stuttgart and see Josef Goebbels, who is able to interact with Tom and it turns out has ties to Pullman and all that likely entails. But that all leads to the interesting but not entirely shocking ending
    Where Goebbels manages to shoot Tom to get the map because Tom has apparently made him real by focusing on Goebbels to make him corporeal.

I also finally got around to reading Peter & Max, the Fables novel. I had meant to buy it when it came out but I managed to forget about it, and then I'd think about it for a moment and then forget again. Turns out what I also did was to put a hold on it at the library and *bam* I got my notice e-mail and picked it up. I enjoyed the Hell out of it. The art is a nice touch, especially the two-page spread of the rats of Hamelin massing in the town square. And Willingham makes Max convincingly and disturbingly evil.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Deadshot isn't anything like those two. Everybody should read Secret Six, but if you're interested in Deadshot, You should still read all of it because it's awesome

Corrected and limed.
    DCP76.jpg

What this panel really needs is a big speech bubble with WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! in it.

I was thinking more of a RRRRAAAAAHHHH! like that Wolverine/Santa scan someone posted a while back.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh, I also want to add that Tails of the Pet Avengers was awesome. I really love Collen Coover's work and g-d it why isn't Ig Guara doing to pencils on a higher-profile book because his art is out-effing-standing.

Crimsondude on