As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DS roguelike] You have failed me PA. (SHIREN THE WANDERER)

1404142434446»

• Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wait, someone is localizing the PSP port? Has that even come out yet in Japan?

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    arrowsix wrote: »
    I went by GameStop today to preorder the new Shiren, but it wasn't in their system. Neither was the psp game coming out.

If you're so inclined, Amazon has the new Wii release for pre-order. Not sure on the PSP port.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anyone pick up the new Shiren for the Wii and have impressions?

Igpx407 on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Wait, someone is localizing the PSP port? Has that even come out yet in Japan?

Yes it has come out in Japan. No one is localizing it. Atlus just localized the original Shiren 3 for the Wii. It's out this week...kinda. Hard to find is putting it mildly.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I got a tip that it was in at Fry's today, after calling GameStop yesterday. They didn't allow preorders, so I put in a hold in case they would be able to get a copy in. Of course, not much luck there. But where Fry's didn't have it in yesterday, they seem to have it widespread today - it's finally up on their website and listed as such. If there's no Fry's near you, your best bet may be online...

In any case, I'll post some impressions/stories later on tonight after I get a chance to play.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's funny, because the Atlus email talking about Shiren pre-orders had GameStop on it, but as far as I can tell the game wasn't even in their computers.

I'm holding off on it until I hear some impressions. The few reviews up put it at 75%, but I'm not seeing any good comparisons beyond "diehard roguelike fans will be disappointed," although that includes IGN seemingly not knowing that you unlock the hardest difficulty when you beat the game. The 1up preview makes me want to get it, but I dunno, I'm feeling wary.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    the quick look at giant bomb didnt look that great, and im a big fan of the DS game.

Ah_Pook on
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I had to preorder Shiren 3 from Best Buy since I had a gift card from Christmas that I've been saving. Their system is listing it as backordered though and it will be 1-2 weeks. D:

IdolNinja on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, first impressions here, after 85 minutes of play and the first two dungeons cleared. It's definitely got some differences from the DS Shiren, that's for sure. Having played the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game (also by Chunsoft), Shiren Wii feels closer to PMD than Shiren DS so far. It plays a little bit stiffer than the DS Shiren, it's got a slower pace. It's also got a ton more story than Shiren DS, which pretty much just threw you into the game. So far it's been a bit of a breeze. Then again, I'm only just two dungeons in, and the first one was very short. So as you might expect, opinions are a bit mixed right now. It's more Shiren, but it's not quite the same as the DS game. But it's probably best for me to wait until I see more of the game before making a harder judgment on it.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for your thought on trying the game. I'll leave some impressions after I try Shiren for Wii. Finally getting my Amazon copy delivered today. It better be waiting for me when I get home...

UPDATE: I've created a New Thread for Shiren Wii.

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If anyone is still playing this, I need a rescue. I died of starvation at level 20... That damn armor ward is so strong, I couldn't resist using it. I don't know if there's some way to transfer items to the person you're rescuing, but if you could throw a few big riceballs my way, that'd be real nice.

0000-0001-4417

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork