As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This is how people use the internet.

• bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    this seems mostly fake

like, a bunch of people 'from the internet' (you know the ones) deliberately posting ever-stupider comments.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Anyone who has worked the IT help desk knows that there is an incredible amount of PC illiterate people out there.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    im going back to my fuckin space u ass holes have to fuck up a good this !!!!! dumn asses

The first time I heard about that dude at Microsoft who wanted people to have to have a license to get on the internet, I thought it was the worst idea I had ever heard of.

But now, I don't know.

maybe he just thought the news article was dumb and he is going back to masturbating

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    this seems mostly fake

like, a bunch of people 'from the internet' (you know the ones) deliberately posting ever-stupider comments.

so

4channers, then

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    this seems mostly fake

The end few pages of comments are.

I suspect the first few pages of comments are genuine.

Sheri on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    If people don't want to use bookmarks, what is the problem? Bookmarks and tabs are just like keyboard shortcuts. They're awesome and quick and very convenient, but you don't need them.

Cilla Black on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    im going back to my fuckin space u ass holes have to fuck up a good this !!!!! dumn asses

The first time I heard about that dude at Microsoft who wanted people to have to have a license to get on the internet, I thought it was the worst idea I had ever heard of.

But now, I don't know.

The entire internet? That's stupid. Go start an invite only forum if you want to be an elitist jackoff. The internet should trend towards facilitating populism.

Aneurhythmia on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    this seems mostly fake

That's a good coping mechanism there.

ASimPerson on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    what the fuck is wrong with these idiots

VALVEjunkie on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

But now, I don't know.

The entire internet? That's stupid. Go start an invite only forum if you want to be an elitist jackoff. The internet should trend towards facilitating populism.

HOW DO I LOG IN TO MY SARCASM DETECTOR I LIKED THE OLD WAY BETTER THIS SUKKKKKKKKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmokeStacks on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Fram, you write software for a living. You should be well aware that users are idiots.

the problem seems to be cropping up somewhere between the keyboard and the chair

MrMonroe on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    back in my day we had to use five or six different search engines to find something even TANGENTIALLY related to what we wanted on this here World Wide Web

lycos
    spider
    ask
    infoseek
    go
    aol
    yahoo

Ledneh on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kovak son you gots to get some folders and shit happening with your GMail. 7985 emails over two inboxes?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Someone is massaging my penis.

Can you guys guess who?

ChicoBlue on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I mean, really.

How many of you use ctrl + c to copy and ctrl + v to paste? How many of you just right click and hit copy? Or perhaps ctrl + esc to open the start menu? We're talking about the same thing here, just on slightly different levels.

Cilla Black on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    see, this is funny because I'm baffled at the fact that anyone at all cares about how other people use the internet

let alone caring enough to get upset about it

I don't know who you think is upset. But I'm sitting right next to Fram and he's actually amazed at this.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Can you guys guess who?

IT'S ME!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    nuka wrote: »
    I don't understand how people who spend a lot of time online, even if it's just facebook, and not grasp the idea of bookmarks and such. They don't have to care about the internet, but why wouldn't they take the time to learn the software they use to get to facebook?

You're making an assumption that users are interested in learning things.

Search for posts by mully in the jobs thread. Her coworker is the kind of people we're dealing with here, just 30 years younger.
    I'm still bashing my head into the wall. They might not need to or care at all but god damnit people. D:

Do you know how your car works? Or how traffic lights are timed? Or how holding patterns at an airport are assigned, or how UPS gets a package to your doorstep, or how adenosine triphosphate is converted into adenosine diphosphate in every cell of your body?

For the most part, you don't need to know how these things work. You may be interested, and you may seek to find out, but if you don't that's not a bad thing.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    heh I bet these idiots dont even know how to build a desktop HEH

They all come from Bestbuy, right? In boxes?

Dee Kae on
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i've learned to stop caring about how people use the internet a long time ago.

Wallhitter on
    edited February 2010
    Anyone who has worked the IT help desk knows that there is an incredible amount of PC illiterate people out there.

oh yeah, for sure. I never had a problem with it unless on top of not knowing anything whatsoever they acted like they knew everything. Like straight up boasting about years of "computer experience" and being insulted about me explaining how to get to cmd or whatever.

I'd much rather have to explain in ridiculous detail where the start button is than have some guy try to find "run" in his windows folder and getting angry at me for not being able to help him quickly enough with such a simple problem

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited February 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Fram, you write software for a living. You should be well aware that users are idiots.

the problem seems to be cropping up somewhere between the keyboard and the chair

Exactly

ASimPerson on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »

Can you guys guess who?

IT'S ME!

Mystery solved!

Thank god.

I was starting to get worried.

ChicoBlue on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »

Can you guys guess who?

IT'S ME!

Mystery solved!

Thank god.

I was starting to get worried.

And lucky for you I totally moisturized today.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    tonkka beat me to it

stupid tonkka

TheySlashThem on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm pretty everyone in my family in any generation before mine is still typing address in the search bar

also treating google like ask jeeves

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited February 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LLTsSnGWMI

ASimPerson on
    edited February 2010
    <3 Wes Borg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    tonkka beat me to it

stupid tonkka

Stupid TDOT.

Being all slow because of fat.

Oh wait.

Tonkka on
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    I don't understand how people who spend a lot of time online, even if it's just facebook, and not grasp the idea of bookmarks and such. They don't have to care about the internet, but why wouldn't they take the time to learn the software they use to get to facebook?

You're making an assumption that users are interested in learning things.

Search for posts by mully in the jobs thread. Her coworker is the kind of people we're dealing with here, just 30 years younger.
    I'm still bashing my head into the wall. They might not need to or care at all but god damnit people. D:

Do you know how your car works? Or how traffic lights are timed? Or how holding patterns at an airport are assigned, or how UPS gets a package to your doorstep, or how adenosine triphosphate is converted into adenosine diphosphate in every cell of your body?

For the most part, you don't need to know how these things work. You may be interested, and you may seek to find out, but if you don't that's not a bad thing.

I don't drive often, or get packages sent to me all the time.
    I get your point. People just don't care.

I'm actually actively curious about what goes on around me though, and I have a hard time understanding why not everyone else is like that. When I hear of things like this its always a shock. I gotta take the time to remember that sometimes people are stupid.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This is how white people use the internet.

This is how black people use the internet.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Figuring out how my end users are going to defy my expectations next is the worst part of being a software developer :(

That being said I can't help but have a certain admiration for some of the really good issues people come up with

Ledneh on
    edited February 2010
    If anything, I see this as an indicator of how far interface as a whole has come. That so many users can look at Google results as such a constant, dependable, immutable thing that their first assumption is not that Google's results have changed, but that Facebook has changed?

That says something powerful about Google, right there.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited February 2010
    heh I bet these idiots dont even know how to build a desktop HEH

sure I do! You put the thingy in the other thingy and when it doesn't work you call the company and threaten to sue

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Dude have you ever seen other stuff he's done or have you just seen that and you're just posting that? Because I actually love a lot of his other stuff with Three Dead Trolls and don't tease me dammit

Me?

I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

ASimPerson on
    edited February 2010
    see, this is funny because I'm baffled at the fact that anyone at all cares about how other people use the internet

let alone caring enough to get upset about it

I don't know who you think is upset. But I'm sitting right next to Fram and he's actually amazed at this.

oh no, I've actually agreed with everything fram has said in this thread so far

some people just tend to act like computer literacy is this big defining factor of intelligence for some reason

your actions per minute when posting on the forums equals your IQ

mully is the smartest because click click click click click click click

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
    edited February 2010

Me?

I don't remember how, but I have one of the Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie albums.

Basically, everything I know about Canada comes from them.

Ahahaha, me too.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited February 2010
    I would be totally okay with it if this ended up turning into a Three Dead Trolls thread.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited February 2010
    so these trolls

what's so dead about 'em

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg