As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DC May Solits: Red Hulk Is Everywhere

LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fishRegistered User regular
edited February 2010 in Graphic Violence
9a4j7a.jpg

Preview here. Superman, Brightest Day, and Batman titles.

Full solits will be up on Tuesday (due to holiday).

Edit: Some more previews at Newsarama.

Edit: And in full.

LordSolarMacharius on

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So going by the GL #54 solicit, what are the odds that there will be a Red Lantern "road rage" joke in the issue? Or Larfleeze staying in Vegas gorging himself on an all you can eat buffet?

TexiKen on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    This is going to be a great month for DC.

Also, judging from the Adventure Comics solicit, my guesses in the Superman thread were right. Looks like Mon-El and Nightwing/Flamebird won't be showing up in the Super-War at all, with Mon-El probably either dying or being transitioned over to the Legion.

HadjiQuest on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    From the link above:
    BRIGHTEST DAY shines its light on the “New Guardians” who have been forced to make Earth their new home! Why? You’ll have to read it to believe it. While Hal is forced to deal with Larfleeze and his newfound appreciation for Earth culture, Sinestro uncovers the mystery behind Parallax’s disappearance.

When this happens, when THIS happens, it will be glorious. Larfleeze is my favorite thing in DC right now.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    From the link above:
    BRIGHTEST DAY shines its light on the “New Guardians” who have been forced to make Earth their new home! Why? You’ll have to read it to believe it. While Hal is forced to deal with Larfleeze and his newfound appreciation for Earth culture, Sinestro uncovers the mystery behind Parallax’s disappearance.

When this happens, when THIS happens, it will be glorious. Larfleeze is my favorite thing in DC right now.

FUCK YES

Antimatter on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    uh

Tony Bedard is taking over GLC?

Diablo Fett on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    uh

Tony Bedard is taking over GLC?

Yep, the announcement's in the Blackest Night thread. It's going to be awesome.

Basically it's:
    Green Lantern (Geoff Johns) - Johns masturbating at the thought of Hal Jordan
    Green Lantern Corps (Tony Bedard) - Kyle and John Stewart
    Green Lantern: Emerald Corps (Peter Tomasi) - Guy and Kilowog

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Only Dan DiDio would say "Brightest Day? Lets bring back Major Force, professional girlfriend killer".

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, let's look at how Brightest Day is being promoted.
    Newsarama wrote:

BRIGHTEST DAY continues, but in ways you can’t possibly expect! What does BRIGHTEST DAY mean to the DC Universe? Is everything from here on out going to be bright and shiny? No, BRIGHTEST DAY means something else entirely, something we can’t tell you...yet. But we can tell you our heroes will need to rise up more than ever to combat the forces of evil, and a select few will uncover a secret that binds them ALL.
    While I was hoping for a major tonal shift in the DCU with Brightest Day, I'm no longer expecting it.

Munch on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Not sure I'd want Marvel and DC to be revisiting the same themes at the same time anyway.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Are you kidding? That's exactly what I want. We're talking about the two biggest comic publishers, and they're both known for their superhero comics. If they're both doing the same kind of story, they'll be forced to compete on a quality level to stand out. Shouldn't they be doing this already?

Linespider5 on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Are you kidding? That's exactly what I want. We're talking about the two biggest comic publishers, and they're both known for their superhero comics. If they're both doing the same kind of story, they'll be forced to compete on a quality level to stand out. Shouldn't they be doing this already?

who says they aren't

Rans on
    edited February 2010
    According to Brevoort DC competes only on trinkets.

TexiKen on
  • Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    While I was hoping for a major tonal shift in the DCU with Brightest Day, I'm no longer expecting it.

Well, let's be honest, even when they do have major tonal shifts in the DCU, they usually last all of about two weeks before things are back to business as usual, with the killin' and the rapin'. They might as well just give up doing big events that are supposed to make things happy and swell, since that was the point of the last two Crises, and it hasn't taken yet.

Darth Nat on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Some more solit. previews at Newsarama.

20p5zr.jpg

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The GL cover has Rage Kitteh on it. The wife shall be pleased.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Christ, her breasts are trying to escape

Fencingsax on
    edited February 2010
    I want the Booster Gold cover blown up and made into a motivational poster.

Munch on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so anyone know if the "holiday" delays comics so they come out on thursday this week?

Rans on
    edited February 2010
    Though it was unannounced, it looks like Jim Caliafiore is th enew Secret Six artist. Which is fine by me.

Re: JSA All-Stars #6, how old is Atom Smasher supposed to be?

TexiKen on
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Re: JSA All-Stars #6, how old is Atom Smasher supposed to be?

That quazi-not quite but still is 18-20 something age most younger heroes get.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    And in full.

110eu50.jpg

LordSolarMacharius on
    edited February 2010
    Full Solicits are up

foiled by Macharius!

And Schultz is only writing the first three issues of The Spirit, which is a shame. Why is DC not giving the man more work?

TexiKen on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nothing too surprising in the full solicits.

I guess that's the price we pay for getting so much awesome news from the DCU blog these last couple months.

HadjiQuest on
    edited February 2010
    I'm amazed every time I see the Red Circle books and REBELS are still being published.

I'm really curious to see how the First Wave books are going to do. I can't imagine the market for those old pulp characters is a whole lot larger than the one for the Milestone or RC heroes.

Munch on
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ABSOLUTE

ALL

STAR

SUPERMAN

KyleWPeterson on