As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When Canadia Attacks!!

eStudioseStudios Registered User new member
edited February 2010 in Artist's Corner
Moosefoo is the story of what would happen if Canada invaded. Tell me what you think, what you'd like to see or what you think could make it better :D
Mounty_02.jpg

"...creative causes must be dictated by passion and without passion we are doomed to mediocrity."

www.moosefoo.com
eStudios on

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    when the rules attack!
    This is site whoring, and here is no new art, Read the rules.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, that's not how we do things around here:
    7 ) No Site-Whoring
    Site-whoring, plugging, or advertising of your personal website, product, or webcomic any kind will not be tolerated.

You can post individual strips in a thread for critique, but starting a new thread to get people to go check out your site is a no no.

DMAC on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    at first I was surprised nope.com wasn't registered already

then i was disappointed

Projeck on
  • Options
    eStudioseStudios Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    Sheesh, I saw other people post stuff about their webcomic. I've been trying to post an image but none of the links work.

eStudios on
    "...creative causes must be dictated by passion and without passion we are doomed to mediocrity."

www.moosefoo.com
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    hey welcome to the forums
    yeah you are very free to post stuff about your webcomic, so long as you actually post the images, not the links

it's just because we get soooo many people posting their webcomics.

to post the images, you either upload them to your webspace and type the url between these brackets: image url goes here

or you can post them to a place like imageshack.com or photobucket.com they host images for free and will provide a bbcode link for you to post your images

welcome to the forums again! and post some more stuff.

beavotron on
  • Options
    KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I read your webcomic. It makes no sense. no set up or just like parts of jokes, really pretty incoherent.

Kendeathwalker on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I read your webcomic. It makes no sense.

Monkies in Wyoming are not allowed to play video games until they've finished their pre-assigned reading materials within the alloted time or canada will bomb them with maple syrup ladened explosives?

Mustang on
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aaaaannnnn.um...ummm. what?
    Not trying to be a dick, but you say this is about if canada invades?
    I saw 3 "comics" one about syrup, which i couldn't make ANYTHING out. one about bombs? and one about reading monkeys. None with any actual jokes or points.

What are you trying to say? What are you trying to accomplish with this?
    It needs a lot of work bro. A LOT of work. Everywhere.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aaaaannnnn.um...ummm. what?
    Not trying to be a dick, but you say this is about if canada invades?
    I saw 3 "comics" one about syrup, which i couldn't make ANYTHING out. one about bombs? and one about reading monkeys. None with any actual jokes or points.

It helps if you read them in order, instead of backwards.

You do a decent job of making one strip segue into the next (though cutting a character off mid-sentence completely kills the flow) but yes, most of your art needs work. Too much to nitpick by telling you specifically whats wrong in these strips, so I'll pare it down to the most obvious:

1) The Mountie you posted is passable, but otherwise your people (person) are (is) extremely rudimentary. You need, NEED to practice drawing actual human people, from real life, as they actually are. There are some online resources for this (www.gettyimages.com is a good resource for free images spanning a wide variety of subjects), but you can't subsist on pictures alone, as even the best still only give you a 2-dimensional representation. You WILL need to go out and draw actual people/trees/animals.

You'll also need to learn how to draw them to maximize what you get from it. Again, there are some online resources for this (here, here, and here for starters), but you won't get away with only going the free route. Eventually you'll have to buy at least one book or take at least one class. Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards is typically favored around here as a good place to start.

2) As far as story telling goes, you have a lot to learn, and it's the part that is most difficult to learn free of charge. You'll have to talk to someone else who's more experienced than I, but some good books to start out with would be Will Eisner's Graphic Storytelling and Visual Narrative and Perspective for Comic Book Artists by David Chelsea.

By the way, all of those links and resources? Openly available in the Questions, Discussion, and Tutorials thread sitting right at the tippy top of this forum page.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    Jake!Jake! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wyoming looks like Morocco.

Jake! on