As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for May 2010

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Graphic Violence
Full Solicits up

In Summary:
Greg Land is still on X-Men Legacy.

Deadpool Team-Up #893 is with Captain Britain, with a cool cover:

41_DEADPOOL_TEAM_UP_893.jpg

Valerie D'Orazio is doing a X-Men Origins: Emma Frost one-shot.

And Marvel, apparently not getting the joke with Deadpool #900, is now deciding to do a Wolverine #900.

TexiKen on

• FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    And Marvel straight-up spoils who Pixie's real dad is in a solicit!

But it has Rockslide and Anole in it so I guess I'll be getting it anyway.

Furu on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Did you lol at Rockslide holding a tampon in issue #1 because it was so cool and awesome and girl power?

TexiKen on
    edited February 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Did you lol at Rockslide holding a tampon in issue #1 because it was so cool and awesome and girl power?

I will shoot you with arrows

Furu on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    And Marvel straight-up spoils who Pixie's real dad is in a solicit!

But it has Rockslide and Anole in it so I guess I'll be getting it anyway.
    ...DAMMIT, Furu. Why did you tell me this.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited February 2010

I will shoot you with arrows

Arrows of truth?

yucky.jpg

TexiKen on
    edited February 2010
    Oh good now I don't have to buy it. THANKS TEXIKEN!

Furu on
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    92_punisher_17_02.jpg

PUNISHER #17
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Penciled by ROLANEL BOSCHI
    Cover by MIKE MCKONE
    Heroic Age Variant by TBA
    Prelude to PAYBACK!
    Punisher: REBORN! In the past few months, Frank Castle has had his family desecrated by the Hood, been killed by Daken, been slashed to ribbons by The Hand, been hunted by Microchip’s Deadly Dozen, and had a bounty placed on his head by Jigsaw. But now, The Punisher has made a list of his own. God help you if your name is on it. It’s time for the rise of Frank Castle. It’s time for PAYBACK.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$2.99

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TexiKen, you are a hero to us all.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited February 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    TexiKen, you are a hero to us all.

I saw that on S_D and was like "Come on Mrs. Immonen, don't do that."

TexiKen on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I guess Fraction's Thor run doesn't start till June? Not that I'm complaining, Gillen has been fantastic on Thor so far.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited February 2010
    I kind of want Gillen to keep the Thor title now, since SWORD got canned so quickly. Fraction doesn't need another book to work on, he has two that are thin on plot as it is.

TexiKen on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm fine with Fraction of Thor, his Ages of Thunder and Secret Invasion stories sold me on him. I do think he should stop writing Uncanny after Second Coming though.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That Punisher cover is pretty fucking jawsome.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fraction's Thor was fun but honestly Gillen is doing fine, great even, and chopping and changing writers all the time isn't going to be good for the books long term plots/sub-plots. I'd also like to see Djurdjevic do some more issues, as that guy is perfect for Thor (not saying Tan is bad, he isn't at all, but Djuedjevic I think has been the best since the reboot)

Solar on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    There isn't a lot here I'm interested, although I'm not the biggest Marvel guy to begin with. I'm actually considering dropping the few books I do read once Siege ends (Fraction's Iron Man is OK, but I'm starting to realized I just plain don't care for the characters, and it's not really moving at the pace I would like; ditto for his X-Men, which is much more uneven on top of awkward pacing), and then just picking up Avengers, Deadpool, FF and Atlas. I was going to hop on the Thor train as well, but I have just had a Fraction overload.

Edit: Also, maybe a push for the Astonishing line will make Ellis's X-Men a better book, and keep it from being constantly delayed.

HadjiQuest on
    edited February 2010
    Full solicits are up, link in the OP.

Edit: You don't win new readers by making the new reader accessible Astonishing books $4 (and in Spidey/Wolverine's case it's only 32 pages)

Edit 2: Fantastic Four has another fill-in for Eaglesham, why not just put Alan Davis as the artist and make everything awesome?

TexiKen on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That Punisher cover is pretty fucking jawsome.

Wow, yes, indeed it is. So hard to trade wait. I hate paying 3 bucks for a book and having so many damn ads though.

DouglasDanger on
    edited February 2010
    Thor and the Warriors Four #2, best cover in the solicit?

funny.jpg
    THOR AND THE WARRIORS FOUR #2 (of 4)
    Written by ALEX ZALBEN
    Cover and Art by GURIHIRU
    Hercules backup by COLLEEN COOVER
    Who are the WARRIORS FOUR? What do they want with THE MIGHTY THOR, and his alien pal BETA RAY BILL? And how does a no-holds-barred stone throwing contest feature in all of this? The answers: 1) They’re POWER PACK! 2)They want magical Golden Apples to save their grandmother’s life, and 3)who doesn’t like a good stone-throwing contest? The adventures of Power Pack continue as they reach Asgard, fight Dark Dwarves alongside Thor, and move one step closer to bringing about the end of everything they hold dear!
    32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99

TexiKen on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    new Sky Doll!

INeedNoSalt on
    edited February 2010
    Oh my god yes Galacta one-shot

Furu on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh my god yes Galacta one-shot

Oh hey, that's awesome. Adam Warren should get to write more stuff, despite his laboriously slow and tedious writing process.

Munch on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    On one hand, I'm very tired of Deadpool. On the other, Captain Britain fucking rocks, and I love cowboys. Damn you, Marvel.

Hensler on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I just dropped Deadpool Teamup. By all rights, the book should be awesome, but they always let d-listers write it, and it's always really bad, even if the guest hero is rad as shit. I will pick up the Frankencastle issue, but that is it.

HadjiQuest on
    edited February 2010
    So I'm looking at the list again and no Nova or Guardians issues this month. That's kind of odd, DnA are never late, and the artists used aren't high profile slow artists. And they don't really need to reboot the cosmic stuff.

TexiKen on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It might be on hiatus while the first issue of the Thanos thingy come out. I think the Hulk series had something similar when the first Fall of the Hulks was released or something.

Solar on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So I'm looking at the list again and no Nova or Guardians issues this month. That's kind of odd, DnA are never late, and the artists used aren't high profile slow artists. And they don't really need to reboot the cosmic stuff.

Well, both books only sold around 21k in January. They could be preparing to cancel/reboot them in an attempt to attract more sales following the Thanos stuff.

Munch on
    edited February 2010
    It's a consistent 20-22k though, and not like Agents of Atlas where it just (sadly) kept falling in numbers.

You could relaunch them, but doing that might start to bring down the sales numbers ever lower, like with Spider-Girl. You can either have a constant low seller, or try and promote it but then it just starts falling.

A soft reboot, maybe give each book a higher name artist for a three issue arc or so would help draw attention would work.

Of course I now realize there were talks of Space Avengers recently, which would hurt my peni if DnA aren't the writers.

TexiKen on
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Different artists don't usually attract me to books, different writers do.

For instance, Pak (and good reviews) are the only reason I'm ordering the recent run of the Incredible Hercules. And, Pak might be the only reason I pick up any Fall of the Hulks.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Parker's FotH:Alpha was really, really good. And Pellitier (sp?) is drawing his ass off in those books lately (though he was also terrific in his AoA, FF, and GotG runs).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The cosmic books are good sellers in trade, too, at least around me. I know a lot of people that have picked up the Annihilation and Conquest trades who have no interest in floppies. It'd be a shame for them to cancel the books, especially when they are some of the most consistently enjoyable monthly titles Marvel has.

Hensler on
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thing about the cosmic titles is that I have trouble keeping them all straight, and the trades do that job for me.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    looks like they might be on a hiatus that month so that everyone can use the Thanos one shot as a jumping on point?

Rans on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yay Thanos :D

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Magneto and the X-Men.
    Hulk joins Imperial Wars.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]