As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE] A bundle of sticks wordfilters to silly goose

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh, you can use them to increase your stats? See these are things that happen when I skip the tutorial to join Merch in 0.0

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yea, drugs have temporary attribute or ship stat effects.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Oh, you can use them to increase your stats? See these are things that happen when I skip the tutorial to join Merch in 0.0

I don't think drugs are covered in the tutorial.

They are really a fringe item, with very limited use. The drawbacks are really severe, although the severity (and chance of the drawback) is random. There are (very expensive, loot drop only) skills that you can train to lesson the drawbacks and the chance of them happening.

The other real issue is that they are illegal in highsec.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    PapillonPapillon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What exactly are drugs for?

Goonfleet wiki, for people in MerchI.

You can also check the effects of boosters in EFT.

Edit:
    The other real issue is that they are illegal in highsec.

Synth boosters are legal in high-sec, have no side effects, and only have very marginal effects.

Papillon on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What does being illegal in highsec actually mean? Like what happens if you should haul them into a station or through a gate?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The effects on Synth boosters are so weak as to be almost useless. If you really need a booster for it's effect, you're going to use Standard or better

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What does being illegal in highsec actually mean? Like what happens if you should haul them into a station or through a gate?

Confiscation, standing loss, fine. It's actually listed in the Empire stats pages ingames which items are illegal in their space and what the effects are.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Customs agents that scramble and web you, with a pop up giving you the option to surrender the drugs or die. A more important restriction is you also can't contract them, even in 0.0 or places where they are legal.

Papillon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You can also move them through highsec in a covops if you don't lounge around at gates, and stay cloaked as you warp around. The custom agents aren't "instant death" like Concord.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I never tried it but can you blow up the Customs agents or will they rape you (or alternatively summon the real Concord)?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd imagine they'd summon the real Concord and have them buttfuck you.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    planetes42 wrote: »
    Is there a way for me to see what my old character was? His skillpoints and all that? (Without re-subbing to the game, I mean)

Sadly, no. You can't view the characters of an inactive account, only your general account settings.
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Hmmmm. How much does that shield cost you Gnome?

I paid 550m for mine, which is a bit of a deal. They go for ~600m normally.

Bah. I'm happy when I have a 150m buffer in my wallet and am ecstatic when I have 300m (which I'm currently approaching). Guess it's waiting until MerchI gets back into 0.0 and I can rat for a bit.

MerchI isn't in 0.0 right now?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I assume they're not fully set back up since their applications are still closed!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    AnatoleAnatole Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't care who you kick out you idiots
    merchi you know what you must do

cleanse the beast from your ranks

Anatole on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MerchI has a beast?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But I actually like DBRB. Don't kick him out, just ban him from ever FC'ing ever again.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darmak wrote: »
    But I actually like DBRB. Don't kick him out, just ban him from ever FC'ing ever again.

I sense a story behind this post.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fuck if I can be arsed to tell it. Get someone else to. :P

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MerchI has a beast?
    gallery925169188966.png

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    It isn't much of a story. DBRB is the fleet commander. I won't say a fleet commander, because he muscles out anyone else who tries to learn how.

As far as skill goes, he rates a fair.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Fleet is Evespeak for "Party", right?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    More like raid due to size, but basically yes.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Can't the Fleet interface handle up to around 250 ships?

But yeah, the only thing separating a party from a raid in Eve is how many hulls you have tagging along.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Something silly like that yes.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It isn't much of a story. DBRB is the fleet commander. I won't say a fleet commander, because he muscles out anyone else who tries to learn how.

As far as skill goes, he rates a fair.

Ive never seen bigger egos than in Internet Spaceships Online. No surprise here.

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    darius fucking JOHNSON

is sesfan still around?

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Heh - His current PURGE THE PUBBIES FLAME AND PITCH FORKS ARGH deal is going to end up with like 6 people in goon[strike]fleet[/strike]waffe proper, and purge pretty much all our FCs who do anything other than slosh ops.

Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    They'll burn themselves out again pretty soon. We just lack shit to do right now to keep people angry at 'them' instead of 'us'.

Good to see POS shooting ops back up, though. Goonwaffe is on the rise again!

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can't the Fleet interface handle up to around 250 ships?

256 I think: 1 fc, 5 wc, 5 squads of 10 per wing. When we were defending stations in Delve we would usually need to split the subcap fleet in two because we had too many people.

Papillon on
  • Options
    AnatoleAnatole Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2010
    Heh - His current PURGE THE PUBBIES FLAME AND PITCH FORKS ARGH deal is going to end up with like 6 people in goon[strike]fleet[/strike]waffe proper, and purge pretty much all our FCs who do anything other than slosh ops.
    people generally like merchi except for dbrb, the only pubbie corp left that really grates the nerves is ds1

i doubt darius is going to finish karttoon's dumb merger idea so the corp is just awkwardly hanging there

Anatole on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yea from what I read of SA, MerchI tends to not be looked on badly.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Except for guys like this one.

Worst fit I've ever seen, aside form some comedy stuff.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Apogee wrote: »

You know, I think the death of that ship was the only ethical thing anyone could have done. Keeping it alive like that would break torture conventions somewhere.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Maybe he was moving cargo and ran out of cargo space, so he used his Armageddon's cargo space as well, then decided to transport a few more modules by fitting them on the ship at random?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Maybe he was moving cargo and ran out of cargo space, so he used his Armageddon's cargo space as well, then decided to transport a few more modules by fitting them on the ship at random?

There seems to be a trend: https://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/458097/fitting#items

Papillon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

But...he doesn't have anything in his cargohold. And he has ammo for all his guns. And the mods he has aren't worth to even bother moving rather than just putting them up on the market or slagging them. And that still doesn't excuse breaking the cardinal rule of fitting.

That Drake I will excuse, because the fitting looks like a (shitty) ratting setup. Of course, why he has a shield boost amplifier with no associated shield booster on a passive tanking ship is beyond me.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That Drake I will excuse, because the fitting looks like a (shitty) ratting setup. Of course, why he has a shield boost amplifier with no associated shield booster on a passive tanking ship is beyond me.

FoF missiles? Mix of HM and HAM? Explosive + Kinetic shield hardeners in Serpentis space?

Papillon on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Papillon wrote: »

FoF missiles? Mix of HM and HAM? Explosive + Kinetic shield hardeners in Serpentis space?

The hardeners (in the abstract) are a ratting fit.

The incorrect hardeners and the mix of missile launchers would fit into the "shitty" ratting setup.

FoF missiles...I got nuttin'

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Apogee wrote: »

oh wow

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I knew that would be the small rail 'geddon before I clicked on it.

Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
This discussion has been closed.