As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marble [chat]nets

1575859606163»

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    .40 s&w IS supposed to be a bridge but it does a bad job of it

the difference between JHP 9mm and .40 is minimal

it doesn't have the stepup in power the .45acp has

and is a heavier grain, giving fewer rounds

basically it gives you x more power than 9mm but with x+1 more recoil

it's a disproportionate (re: not worth it) step up. if you want to step up, go all the way to .45acp

the only good thing is that it's so common in law enforcement agencies that you can find it hella cheap and it's really, really common

it's a snappy 9mm imo

Organichu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    No no

Yes.

Preach is so easy.

I spread like butter on cheap crackers.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Res wrote: »

Oh yeah.

If I get a gun it would be a Mateba.

So I can pretend to be Togusa from Ghost in the Shell.

bang bang

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Johannen wrote: »
    Joh another reason to like supernatural is that the writers are awesome. The guy who created or wrote for The Tick is one of their regular contributors. Also holy pop culture reference.

I am about two episodes into Season 5, after buying the first four seasons on the liking of episodes 1 and 2, now I can't stop watching.

It's my favorite series outside of House at the moment, and once I have enough money I am buying that car and putting an SS engine in it from a similar model which will fit the engine bay.

The car is awesome. I'm glad that they didn't blow up the seaquest as it were after season 1's finale.

Season 5 just had its best episode yet on the 12th.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    .40 s&w IS supposed to be a bridge but it does a bad job of it

the difference between JHP 9mm and .40 is minimal

it doesn't have the stepup in power the .45acp has

and is a heavier grain, giving fewer rounds

basically it gives you x more power than 9mm but with x+1 more recoil

it's a disproportionate (re: not worth it) step up. if you want to step up, go all the way to .45acp

the only good thing is that it's so common in law enforcement agencies that you can find it hella cheap and it's really, really common

it's a snappy 9mm imo

It goes through kevlar.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    glock 35 is stupid because it's chambered in .40 s&w

if you regularly shoot that caliber you are bad and you should feel bad

:<

I don't know what calibers are and what the differences are bitches!

Calibers are the measurement of a bullets diameter in inches. So a .40 caliber round is 4/10 of an inch in diameter.

So, what difference does it make which size you shoot? I'm sure the larger size does more damage, but it's a piece of metal being fired at high velocity, why is it bad to shoot one over another?

Johannen on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Skippy, Cody is small but it is gorgeous. Right next to Yellowstone in the mountains and has the Buffalo Bill museum which is awesome. Hell even Chu would like the gun collection there. But yeah Cheyenne is on the plains, has like 0 light pollution which is cool when you camp not when you are in the middle of a big city. It is like going to a place here in CO called Limon which is on the plains. There is a reason no one wants to move out there.

Chu, I am like the opposite, if I am in a big city like New York or Tokyo I start going nuts after 3 days. But of course I grew up either in the country or suburbs but the house backs right into the mountains.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would like to fire a gun at a shooting range, but don't really see the need to own one.

I've fired one before at a shooting range called middle of a field in bumfuck nowhere, and that was fun.

Because it's easier to get better if you're consistantly shooting the same firearm. It's also easier to make modifications to a firearm you own. For instance my Glock is currently set up to shoot .22lr.

Oh yeah that makes sense, I'm just saying I would see no need to "get better" or make modifications of my own.

I'm saying I just want to fire a gun for the sake of firing a gun, because it's fun, but I don't really need to own said gun.

I'm a target shooter so for me getting better is the whole point. My goal is to make it so that every shot I fire goes through the same hole every time. Repeating the act of shooting over and over again is a very mechanical action and one I find lets me clear my head. It's a fun hobby for me.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Skippy, Cody is small but it is gorgeous. Right next to Yellowstone in the mountains and has the Buffalo Bill museum which is awesome. Hell even Chu would like the gun collection there. But yeah Cheyenne is on the plains, has like 0 light pollution which is cool when you camp not when you are in the middle of a big city. It is like going to a place here in CO called Limon which is on the plains. There is a reason no one wants to move out there.

Chu, I am like the opposite, if I am in a big city like New York or Tokyo I start going nuts after 3 days. But of course I grew up either in the country or suburbs but the house backs right into the mountains.

I know but I am saying, you can't really just up and move to a small town

you have to get moved there by your job or have family there or something

their economies just aren't set up for easy moves in, you know?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would like to fire a gun at a shooting range, but don't really see the need to own one.

I've fired one before at a shooting range called middle of a field in bumfuck nowhere, and that was fun.

Because it's easier to get better if you're consistantly shooting the same firearm. It's also easier to make modifications to a firearm you own. For instance my Glock is currently set up to shoot .22lr.

Oh yeah that makes sense, I'm just saying I would see no need to "get better" or make modifications of my own.

I'm saying I just want to fire a gun for the sake of firing a gun, because it's fun, but I don't really need to own said gun.

I'm a target shooter so for me getting better is the whole point. My goal is to make it so that every shot I fire goes through the same hole every time. Repeating the act of shooting over and over again is a very mechanical action and one I find lets me clear my head. It's a fun hobby for me.

Fair enough. It's something that I would have to make sure is a big enough hobby for me before I invest in it, though. So pretty much like any other hobby.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Joh another reason to like supernatural is that the writers are awesome. The guy who created or wrote for The Tick is one of their regular contributors. Also holy pop culture reference.

I am about two episodes into Season 5, after buying the first four seasons on the liking of episodes 1 and 2, now I can't stop watching.

It's my favorite series outside of House at the moment, and once I have enough money I am buying that car and putting an SS engine in it from a similar model which will fit the engine bay.

The car is awesome. I'm glad that they didn't blow up the seaquest as it were after season 1's finale.

Season 5 just had its best episode yet on the 12th.

I will catch up with you on episodes... it will take me about 3 days, but then we must talk of the awesomeness!

Also, the guy who plays Castiel is a pretty good actor to be fair, and I kept thinking Sam and Dean were going to turn out being two of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse or something, then I got schooled.
    Godarned Michaelsword!

Johannen on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »

Hoooooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Oh god, I can't unread what I have read.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    5.63% of people >25 years old make 100k or more

california dollars... or what? that number doesnt mean so much...

what?

in the US

if you take all the people who are older than 25

and you count up how much dollars they make

5.63% make 100,000/year or more

right. but given population distribution and regional wage distribution, i submit that number doesn't mean crap.

it is significantly biased by high wages in densely populated areas.

I just

what?

we were talking about how you have to be reach to move to another country

and I am saying

not a lot of americans make six figures

and i agree. especially if you get outside of newyorkcity or la or anyother large metro. I was just saying that the number of americans effectively making six figures is probably larger, and frankly i don't know what... I think i got distracted from the expat talk and started thinking about how damn near impossible it is to move equity out of ohio without suffering huge quality of life losses...

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ugh, my Windows 7 RC is going to expire soon.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    glock 35 is stupid because it's chambered in .40 s&w

if you regularly shoot that caliber you are bad and you should feel bad

:<

I don't know what calibers are and what the differences are bitches!

Calibers are the measurement of a bullets diameter in inches. So a .40 caliber round is 4/10 of an inch in diameter.

So, what difference does it make which size you shoot? I'm sure the larger size does more damage, but it's a piece of metal being fired at high velocity, why is it bad to shoot one over another?

There is another aspect of it as well which roughly is the amount of force imparted by the gunpowder behind it. So each type of bullet behaves a little bit differently. Some will drop faster then others so they tend to be less accurate at longer ranges. It's all very small differences but with any hobby those small differences can be a source of impassioned discussion.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I know but I am saying, you can't really just up and move to a small town

you have to get moved there by your job or have family there or something

their economies just aren't set up for easy moves in, you know?

True, I think growing up in a small town for like the first half of life I forget things like that. But if anything you should take a trip there just to see how cool it is. Cheap road trip vacation thing.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    start her back up

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.