As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

President's [chat]

1575859606163»

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    Right which is why I said 'basically'.

But I think you have it backwards here. These attitudes are a reaction to the way they're treated, they're otherised which makes them close ranks. If the attitude of being less judgemental (in all sectors of life) was more common I doubt this would occur nearly as much. Just look at the overweight thread if you want to see an example of such. Or like any feminist blog ever.*

I don't think being judgmental is the single worst and most unforgivable thing a human being can do, though. In fact, I think it's pretty way far down the list, below stuff like (for instance) calling people fags on XBL, or going out of the house caked in cat urine and food stains, or loudly discussing which underage X-Men character you wish you could fuck just as jacobkosh is entering the comic store with his girlfriend.

If people don't want their group to be judged for that shit, they should call it out, not close ranks with the human waste.

I mean seriously, Leitner. Would you be this cavalier about it if we were talking about one of the other groups I named, like cops? "They wouldn't protect the guys who shoot unarmed kids so much if people would just stop judging them for it!"

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i hope i never become a 'one thing in my life' person

for a while my friends considered me 'the israeli' because i flew back whenever i could and did activism and stuff

and now i've been shooting a lot so i'm 'the gun guy'

but i like to think that i'm not just totally defined by a single one of my habits or proclivities

part of the reason i try to cultivate a very unorthodox personal image is to avoid being known as the "_____ guy"

i hate having a shtick

it's lame

i try to have many smaller shticks instead, and be sort of this enigmatically iconoclastic weirdo who is difficult to understand or pin down

the air of mystery is sexy

Pony on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Organichu I have sold a broken laptop (with the words DOESN'T TURN ON. IS BROKEN. WILL NOT WORK in the ebay header)

for hundreds of dollars

people will still buy it off of ebay

yeah i know but i could be dishonest and get way more

but as much jew as there is in me, there's about 5.5 inches of irond will in me, too

and if there's one thing he ain't it's dishonest

are you saying will has a small penis

5.5 inches in diameter is what he is saying

chu has a pooper like a storm drain

poor frankie

no i use my other wiener on her

nice save

will two pee pee

Arch on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Organichu I have sold a broken laptop (with the words DOESN'T TURN ON. IS BROKEN. WILL NOT WORK in the ebay header)

for hundreds of dollars

Parts can be valuable. Rarity of the parts can make them much more valuable. One of our tech support guys brought in a box of super old parts, one of which was a token ring ethernet card. We fired it up and the thing was working and I told him to put it up on E-bay because I knew he could get a couple of hundred bucks for it. He figured he'd get ten. The auction closed at eleven hundred dollars.

Huh. I should try shifting my old Thinkpad that has a fried mainboard.

Also pretty sure I have some old gear lying about that someone might have a use for

japan on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    J

has just suggested

that being gay, and being a gamer, are the same thing

and either a gay person chooses to be gay

or gamers can't help but play games

wow

Prove that gaming is a choice.

_J_ on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    J

has just suggested

wow

you can choose to be out or not about being gay and you can choose to be out or not about playing videogames

in this context same thing

yes the social stigmas and societal constructs you're bottlenecked into for engaging in male on male sodomy and 4 player halo are precisely analogous

In my experience? Pretty much.

EDIT: Man of mystery or just a wierdo, Pony?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    will i have a confession

let me know if you are willing to hear it

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

for hundreds of dollars

Parts can be valuable. Rarity of the parts can make them much more valuable. One of our tech support guys brought in a box of super old parts, one of which was a token ring ethernet card. We fired it up and the thing was working and I told him to put it up on E-bay because I knew he could get a couple of hundred bucks for it. He figured he'd get ten. The auction closed at eleven hundred dollars.

Huh. I should try shifting my old Thinkpad that has a fried mainboard.

Also pretty sure I have some old gear lying about that someone might have a use for

You'd be surprised what value somethings have. If you have a working motherboard with an ISA slot you can make some pretty decent coin.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    J

has just suggested

wow

That is so silly. SO SILLY.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    J

has just suggested

wow

jesus, just stop

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    J

has just suggested

wow

you can choose to be out or not about being gay and you can choose to be out or not about playing videogames

in this context same thing

yes the social stigmas and societal constructs you're bottlenecked into for engaging in male on male sodomy and 4 player halo are precisely analogous

In my experience? Pretty much.

it's nice that norway is so progressive

here in america, people get killed for being gay

gay people are discriminated against socially and harassed in the workplace

gay people are left to fend for themselves in many socioeconomic arenas since marriage typically isn't permitted between gay people

etc

comparing it to playing videogames is an affront

Organichu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2010
    will i have a confession

let me know if you are willing to hear it

yes i will hear your confession

it will be the first post of the new chat thread

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.