As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X-Men Thread: Regenesis is here, Phil Collins or Peter Gabriel?

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I've heard little feed back on the Psylocke mini series so I've just assumed all this time it wasn't worth paying attention to.

Is she still able to do that shadow teleportation trick? That was cool when I first saw her do it in the late 90s,

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Poor Nightcrawler's always getting upstaged by other teleporters.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's not his fault that his teleports are short-range, smell terrible, and he is severely limited by the number of people he can carry with him.

At least he can still hide in shadows (Do they still use that?).

Tomanta on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nope, they don't mention shadow blending or whatever nowadays. Mike Carey will probably remedy this next issue.

And Psylocke lost all her mystic ninja powers she gained from the crimson tears or whatever they were called during Claremont's second run on the X-Books (the "Revolution" era)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nightcrawler just needs to get a cool sword and go back to swashbuckling and wisecrackery.

But then Majik and Pixie would show up and start singing Everything You Can Do We Can Do Better, and Kurt would be all, :(

Munch on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Have Kurt pimp slap those bitches and remind them that he is the motherfucking teleporter on this team.

Solar on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pixie will disappear into a parallel universe for a weekend, and when she comes back she'll have two tails and have kissed twice as many girls as Nightcrawler.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nightcrawler also needs to get his image inducer back and walk around disguised as a movie star.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pixie will disappear into a parallel universe for a weekend, and when she comes back she'll have two tails and have kissed twice as many girls as Nightcrawler.
    And they'll get Kathryn Immonen and CB Cebulski to cowrite the mini.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »

Well I've gone blind

Furu on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »

Well I've gone blind
    And just two minutes too late!

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    Psylocke should never be in anything ever.

I was thinking she should be in sabertooths belly (as unlikely as that is atm, they have had a few punch ups before, and hey why not return from the dead to slap around an underused character who could probably spend a year dead and hardly anyone would notice.)

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

Sounds like somebody's been searching for X-Men slashfic...:winky:

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My LCS had the checklist for Second Coming and it's actually bigger than I thought. The main story goes through Uncanny, X-Force, New Mutants, and Legacy plus some one-shots while X-Factor has a "Revelations" tie-in. All in all it's 14 parts not including the Revelations stuff.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    14 parts? I was expecting something 8 parts max, 2 issues of the main titles and that was it.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Messiah Complex was about that size and it turned out very good I thought. Of course that had a somewhat different creative team which included Brubaker and PAD while SC has Fraction and Wells along with the returning Kyle, Yost, and Carey.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Messiah Complex was good, but I still don't really understand how Bishop became the bad guy. It was like they wanted to get rid of O.N.E., so they made them turn into future robots that they thought would be Cable and then it was Bishop?

I also think I might have liked it more because it was the first X-over since X-Cutioner's Song (the Twelve was mainly in the 2 X-books only)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To be honest I just kinda ran along with the whole Bishop thing since I didn't know much about the character. In the Messiah War trade I have there is a 3 issue miniseries that supposedly explains a bit of his motivation but it's drawn by Larry Stroman and it's hard to stomach his art, at least how he draws faces.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Pete Wisdom needs to be on the X-Force team. And every other team in the Marvel universe.

Absolutely. And think about it; when Wisdom was in charge of X-Force in the past, he reformed it as...a mutant black-ops strike team. Sound familiar?

I mean alright Warpath is the only member of that incarnation that's still on the current team but that's not my point

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    According to Amazon, who's hardcover and trade info are sometimes wrong, has the first Nation X hardcover collecting Uncanny X-Men #515-518, Dark Reign: The List - X-Men and Nation X 1-4. I wondered how they would collect Uncanny since the current arc is like 8 or 9 issues.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would buy a Cylcops ongoing by Fraction if he loses leadership

MastaP on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm reading "Rise and Fall of the Shi'arr Empire" right now. Did the artist ever talk about how the Shi'arr phoenix warrior with the bigass sword was wearing what was obviously SOLDIER clothes, and wielded a big sword, and had spiky black hair an awful lot like:

200px-Zack_Fair.png

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    All Shi'ar have the same hairstyle

Except for Deathbird because she's a villain

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    After checking the full May solicits, seems that the Nation X hardcover has the whole Uncanny run instead of just half. So you get Uncanny 515-522, DR The List: Uncanny, and Nation X 1-4 for 35 dollars in hardcover format. Not bad but I still might wait for the trade.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    All Shi'ar have the same hairstyle

Except for Deathbird because she's a villain

His is a bit different, the way it surrounds his face, but regardless, the outfit and the fucking buster (excuse me) phoenix sword. The similarities are pretty ... uncanny... (ba-zing!).

Oh well, if 35 year old Zack lives on in X-men comics, it's probably better than anything Square could come up with.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Messiah Complex was good, but I still don't really understand how Bishop became the bad guy. It was like they wanted to get rid of O.N.E., so they made them turn into future robots that they thought would be Cable and then it was Bishop?

I also think I might have liked it more because it was the first X-over since X-Cutioner's Song (the Twelve was mainly in the 2 X-books only)
    Unless we're talking about two different things, Bishop is bad now (or is portrayed as bad) because he wants to kill Hope. He is stopping at nothing to kill her, because anything bad that he does in his attempts will be wiped out by the fact that time will change because of it. Or at least, that is his reasoning.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Unless we're talking about two different things, Bishop is bad now (or is portrayed as bad) because he wants to kill Hope. He is stopping at nothing to kill her, because anything bad that he does in his attempts will be wiped out by the fact that time will change because of it. Or at least, that is his reasoning.
    Wouldn't he have realized that when he didn't disappear after Onslaught occurred that he won't disappear due to time changes?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Wouldn't he have realized that when he didn't disappear after Onslaught occurred that he won't disappear due to time changes?
    But this time it's the real thing that will fix everything forever I just know it!

Langly on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SecondComing_AllWillUnite_02.jpg

Beast needs to lay off the Meow Mix...

Hensler on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Deadpool is everywhere.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Deadpool is everywhere.

Wow, I hadn't noticed that. I sure am glad that somebody finally pointed out that Deadpool is getting overexposed these days.

Hensler on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    pfft deadpool ain't overexposed at all

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    But... Deadpool isn't even an X-Man! Or even a mutant!

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just question how he can "unite" with a group that likes to repeat over and over that he is not a member.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am not catching your drift here

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hypocrisy, TLB, hypocrisy.

That's all mutants are.

Which is why they must be eliminated. You could say they have a death...oh what's that saying.....deathwatch?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    texiken are you trying to appeal to my base loves

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    At this point I would have no problem with killing off every mutant in the Marvel Universe. All they do is whine about never fitting in and then when you invite them over to play they never want to so they build and island an sulk on it, and the mutant women are such teases.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you leave X-Man out of that equation and you have a deal

and also Pete Wisdom

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg