As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE] A bundle of sticks wordfilters to silly goose

1565758596062»

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    that guy has an Apoc somewhere as well, I wonder how godawful the fit on that thing is.

Dhalphir on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I really want to know where some people get multiple battleships from when their fittings are just...

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh for fuck sake guys lay off him, how is he supposed to hit the frigate rats!?

Euphoriac on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    selling GTCs probably

Dhalphir on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Oh for fuck sake guys lay off him, how is he supposed to hit the frigate rats!?

Well in that case, we need to start seeing more Torps and Mega Beams.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited February 2010
    I fucked up and warped through a gate and was belittled on TS.

"FUCK who did that?"
    "Punish the newbee with money, everyone send him cash"
    "This is how we'll make you learn"

I've received shame in ISK form.:psyduck:

:lol:

Aegis on
    Characters
  • dmwst30dmwst30 Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Papillon wrote: »
    That Drake I will excuse, because the fitting looks like a (shitty) ratting setup. Of course, why he has a shield boost amplifier with no associated shield booster on a passive tanking ship is beyond me.

FoF missiles? Mix of HM and HAM? Explosive + Kinetic shield hardeners in Serpentis space?

The hardeners (in the abstract) are a ratting fit.

The incorrect hardeners and the mix of missile launchers would fit into the "shitty" ratting setup.

FoF missiles...I got nuttin'

If he were missioning in guristas space (kin+therm hardeners) the little bastards ECM you like crazy. Getting a lock and drones out while firing FoF's might help? Don't see why you'd try that when you just use all HML II's and kill the bastards at 50-70km. Put a drone link augmenter in the utili-high and a 10NM AB to go 350+ m/s to use drones at range and keep range.

dmwst30 on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I fucked up and warped through a gate and was belittled on TS.

"FUCK who did that?"
    "Punish the newbee with money, everyone send him cash"
    "This is how we'll make you learn"

I've received shame in ISK form.:psyduck:

:lol:

Hahahaha

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I need some ship/fitting advice.
    raven pve.

my cap isn't stable.
    WWHHHHHHHHHY.

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    edited February 2010
    do you have Energy Management and Energy Systems Operation at at least IV, if not V?

Dhalphir on
  • dmwst30dmwst30 Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    Why run a cap-stable Raven? If you're ranged tanking, for one, you won't need to run your shield booster all the time. For two, you are losing a ton of DPS by putting three CCC's and relays in the rigs/lows that could be rigor rigs and more BCS's.

Put in a cap booster with 800's, hit one when your cap dips below 30%. If you don't hit the wrong triggers, odds are you won't ever use the cap booster. It's a safety blanket. Your DPS is your tank. It's entirely unlike the Drake

dmwst30 on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    dmwst30 wrote: »
    Why run a cap-stable Raven? If you're ranged tanking, for one, you won't need to run your shield booster all the time. For two, you are losing a ton of DPS by putting three CCC's and relays in the rigs/lows that could be rigor rigs and more BCS's.

Put in a cap booster with 800's, hit one when your cap dips below 30%. If you don't hit the wrong triggers, odds are you won't ever use the cap booster. It's a safety blanket. Your DPS is your tank. It's entirely unlike the Drake

Arglblargl. I've ratted with cap boosters. It's a horrible, obnoxious way to live, and you will never have cargo space.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited February 2010
    evilthecat wrote: »
    I need some ship/fitting advice.
    raven pve.

my cap isn't stable.
    WWHHHHHHHHHY.

XL or L Shield Booster? If it's the latter, there's a setup a few pages back by GnomeTank that uses a Gistii Large that is cap stable. If it's the former, your setup will never be cap stable because it's not meant to be (Unless I suppose you find a complex version of that but it'd be expensive as fuck).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Just passivetank your ship. Extenders, hardeners, done. You end up being slow, though, as you'll probably have to drop the AB.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
    edited February 2010
    Gah, no. Ravens should not be passive tanked. They are specifically an active shield tanking ship.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited February 2010
    Oh. Am I thinking of Drakes?

*checks wiki*

I am, doh. Active it is.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
    edited February 2010
    Out of curiousity, I thought I'd check what the base (non-module) skill requirements for the Amarr Strategic Cruiser is. And I meet all the requirements :mrgreen:

Now the question is whether or not to train up the skills for shits and giggles while staring sadly at the unpurchased Legion due to how fucking expensive T3 ships are :(

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited February 2010
    Remember you need to purchase and train up all five suppport skills, just for that one ship. And, if you blow up, you lose a rank of one skill at random. Have fun with that.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
    edited February 2010
    Yea I know, though the subsystem skills are 1x skills and don't cost that much, meaning it's probably just a single day of training to get back the lost rank.

Not that I'd actually fly the ship in the combat until my module skills are up to par. Or could ever afford it...

Aegis on
    Characters
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hahaha I knew those skills were too easy to train for a reason!

I've found myself idly wondering if I should (when I get back from my forced break) go for a Tengu, just to know I have one...

Euphoriac on
    edited February 2010
    People would never fly a Tier 3 with skill loss on death if the subsystem skills were 12x skills or something silly. That would be nuts

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited February 2010
    ok, energy management and sys op are at 4 and 5 respectively.

currently my raven is running XL booster II, shield amp I, 3 II hardeners, pwnage.

3x CCCI and 2x capacitor coils or power diagnostics in the lowers.

If I fly the mission "the assault, guristas" for example, I'll invariably have to warp out as the ships go through my shields faster than I can regen them. I'm simply not seeing any other energy grid skills to boost (except for getting 1 or 2 of them from 4 to 5). I'm teching missiles up a bit at the moment, perhaps i'm simply not killing stuff fast enough.

playing with etf, if i were to simply switch to a cap booster 800 with 3 rigors I'd seem to fare better. still, why the heck do i keep reading about the xl-amp fit being great but not being able to pull it off?

evilthecat on
    edited February 2010
    What do you have in your high slots? The main oomf from the Raven is in being able to fit Cruise missiles and going to town on things.

You don't mention BCUs, are you filling all of your low slots with cap stuff?

But yea, without a complex booster you are never going to be cap stable with an active shield tank because they're not built that way. Active shield tanking is just turning on the shield for an occasional oomf of shields rather than constant running.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited February 2010
    arbalests atm as I can't use t2 launchers yet.

lowers aside frmo the 2 cap related ones: 1xCN BCU, 2x BCU II

edit:

i realise that I'm not supposed to permarun it, shield regen and cap regen are highest at 30-40% ish, i do wait for that to occur, still, enemies strip me of my shields quicker than i can raise em D:

evilthecat on
    edited February 2010
    Sorry, I meant cruises/torps/heavies(I hope not)? What are your shield resistances with your hardeners turned on?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'm tempted to play this game again. Should I reactivate my 2 month old account from 2008? What should I do when I get in the game? It's been so long.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    exoplasm wrote: »
    I'm tempted to play this game again. Should I reactivate my 2 month old account from 2008? What should I do when I get in the game? It's been so long.

Go through the new tutorials. You'll be given about 5 million ISK and a full set of gear, and a good compliment of Frigates, a Destroyer, and an Industrial.

KiTA on
    edited February 2010
    using cruises, shield resists at 70%+, depending on damage type.

evilthecat on
    edited February 2010
    You should be okay with your base stats.

It might be coming down to mission strategy. Looking at the mission, there are some pockets of waves that won't aggro unless you either hit the highest battleship target, or deploy drones. If you end up having everyone in the mission on you, then you might be taking not a good route.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'll be gone for a week or so, so new thread!

Content has been updated to reflect the true, bitterer state of eve veterans

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.