As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AvP 2010 - Demo is out, Wangland-Yutani Steam Group now active

1575859606163»

• ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I forgot how to find an online mod >.<

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, maybe it was on purpose, but I wonder if Rebellion knows the MP demo still seems to work.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • 043043 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, maybe it was on purpose, but I wonder if Rebellion knows the MP demo still seems to work.

They don't wanna pull the demo down until they're sure people aren't trying it out anymore.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    043 wrote: »

They don't wanna pull the demo down until they're sure people aren't trying it out anymore.

Silly me, I'm thinking of betas. They shut down once the game is out (MAG, UC2, BC2, etc.)

A demo is a demo.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Any news on differences between the 360 and PS3 versions?

Renzo on
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    bleh, it doesnt feel like grenades do enough damage.

and also i'm going for win a deathmatch achievement despite how much regular deathmatch sucks and its so frustrating, i just tied and didnt get the achievement because the guy i tied with had a bigger kill streak.

Zephos on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was running through a corridor as an Alien when I happened upon two unarmed humans

I grabbed the first one I caught up to and held his head firmly in place while a facehugger latched on

Then I started looking around for the green pheromone to find the other dude, but I couldn't find him anywhere, even though there was nowhere that he could go to get away from me

Then I saw it

His lifeless corpse, with a pistol right by his side

Awesome

joshofalltrades on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Zephos wrote: »
    bleh, it doesnt feel like grenades do enough damage.

and also i'm going for win a deathmatch achievement despite how much regular deathmatch sucks and its so frustrating, i just tied and didnt get the achievement because the guy i tied with had a bigger kill streak.

The grenades are mostly for crowd control it feels. Knock em down, then light em up.

And yes, joshofalltrades, that is awesome.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Renzo wrote: »

The controllers and the need to pay to play one online?

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I can't bring myself to harm non-theats as the Alien ohdearh.png

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »

The controllers and the need to pay to play one online?

Any actual differences?

Renzo on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was running through a corridor as an Alien when I happened upon two unarmed humans

I grabbed the first one I caught up to and held his head firmly in place while a facehugger latched on

Then I started looking around for the green pheromone to find the other dude, but I couldn't find him anywhere, even though there was nowhere that he could go to get away from me

Then I saw it

His lifeless corpse, with a pistol right by his side

Awesome

Yeeessssss

ObiFett on
    edited February 2010
    That's what you do when being the Predator. Aliens kill everyone they see, armed, unarmed, human, non-human, even other aliens at times

elliotw2 on
    edited February 2010
    Lanz wrote: »
    I can't bring myself to harm non-theats as the Alien ohdearh.png

if you do, you'll notice the option is harvest and the following happens
    you pounce them, then hold them down till a facehugger shows up and begins to get freaky with the dudes face, pretty horrifying.

Zephos on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    1ups review was pretty harsh - they gave it a D.

-Loki- on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I have not found a single thing to dislike in the Marine missions. I don't know what half these reviewers are bitching about.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    1up consistently scores down games that require a modicum of intellect or skill to get through.

They're basically the reviewer equivelant of that guy who gives up before putting in any effort and then blasts the whole game with a wide brush even if it's undeserved.

I really don't trust 1up, they're a tabloid.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited February 2010
    This game will most likely not review well from a lot of main stream sites, because the game is so rooted in the pre-COD2/Halo days, and because it'll require a lot of learning to be able to play 3/4ths of the game decently

elliotw2 on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    elliotw2 wrote: »
    This game will most likely not review well from a lot of main stream sites, because the game is so rooted in the pre-COD2/Halo days, and because it'll require a lot of learning to be able to play 3/4ths of the game decently

Yeah, like competitive fighting games, huh? Those tend to review consistently low, especially if you've got some shlub that doesn't know a cancel from a link.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • AshdrakeAshdrake Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I love how he states there is nothing original, then bitches about it being like street fighter in a fps. That sounds pretty original to me. And fuck him for saying there is no skill just speed.
    :x

Nerd rage taking over....

Ashdrake on
    I hunt monsters because I need weapons. I need weapons because I hunt monsters.
    edited February 2010
    I do follow one review complaint in that sometimes I'm not sure what it is that allows Marines to figure out where I am when cloaked as a predator. So far I think it's when they're on alert that they can pick you out easier, since you just have to look for the distortion.

I mean, the Aliens make sense, since they smell you.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited February 2010
    Playing Marine mission 3:
    Is there another Pred here with me?

I don't remember skinning any marines, let alone hanging them up

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Mr. EyeballMr. Eyeball Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    yessss early release

Mr. Eyeball on
    vryplntwwereahisdeath.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I do follow one review complaint in that sometimes I'm not sure what it is that allows Marines to figure out where I am when cloaked as a predator. So far I think it's when they're on alert that they can pick you out easier, since you just have to look for the distortion.

I've picked off a couple predators who thought they were oh-so-cleverly-hiding a couple times in the MP demo that way. I also don't think smartguns care if you're cloaked, but I've only held one once, so my memory could be spotty.

Elvenshae on
  • DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    With all the mediocre to bad reviews, I'm having a hard time staying pumped for the game despite the fact that every video I've seen so far was pants-tighteningly rad.

For those who already have it, here's my question. I have a huge boner for anything aliens or predator related, loved the first game and enjoyed the demo despite connection issues. Will I love this game?

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I've picked off a couple predators who thought they were oh-so-cleverly-hiding a couple times in the MP demo that way. I also don't think smartguns care if you're cloaked, but I've only held one once, so my memory could be spotty.

Yeah, Smartguns can see through the cloak. If you look at it in MP, they put an outline around the predator while it's cloaked.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    How is this scoring so low? It's technically sound, has 3 different single player campaigns, and a wide variety of multiplayer modes. It even has dedicated servers. Is learning how to block really that hard?

Rebellion must have denied a review copy to someone or something.

BlueDestiny on
    edited February 2010
    Dangerous wrote: »
    With all the mediocre to bad reviews, I'm having a hard time staying pumped for the game despite the fact that every video I've seen so far was pants-tighteningly rad.

For those who already have it, here's my question. I have a huge boner for anything aliens or predator related, loved the first game and enjoyed the demo despite connection issues. Will I love this game?

You will likely greatly enjoy the game

This coming from someone whose experiences so far are

-Alien
    -A tiny bit of Alien 3 as a child, then deciding it was too scary
    -AvP (the film)
    -A bit of AvP2 (the game)
    -Alien 3 (GB and Genesis games)
    -all of Batman vs. Predator and the first issue of the second miniseries

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

The bolded part is a pretty accurate description of my attitude and I am loving the full version.

Also, if you actually enjoyed the crapfest that was the deathmatch demo (I actually did), then you will absolutely love the full game. Its so much better. I will never touch deathmatch ever again and I don't ever have to.

ObiFett on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah it just gets better in the full game. Infection on Temple is terrifying, especially since the layout changes every couple of minutes and your motion tracker goes nuts.

BlueDestiny on
  • DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    ObiFett wrote: »

The bolded part is a pretty accurate description of my attitude and I am loving the full version.

Also, if you actually enjoyed the crapfest that was the deathmatch demo (I actually did), then you will absolutely love the full game. Its so much better. I will never touch deathmatch ever again and I don't ever have to.

Awesome! Thanks guys I can't wait. I have it preordered on 360 but they still haven't gotten any copies yet. :( Hopefully tomorrow!

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
    edited February 2010
    Audio Dairy from Marine Mission 3
    Did... Weyland just indicate he's centuries old?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.