As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Late Nite with Infidel and MrBlarney! (Game Over - Turtle Club victory)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Boooooo that joke is worthy of Leno, not Carson.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    No, that's a carson joke.

Applause

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    "Barry Bonds, The Budget Deficit"
    "Things that multiplied in size under George W. Bush."

Plutonium on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    HAHAHAHAAHA

APPLAUSE

LAUGHTER

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to Whose show is it anyways? on your favorite network. Except the network you're currently working for, as it's always safe to vouch for mine.

Alegis: Our guests later tonight! Aegis and Aegeri!
    Aegis: Please give them a warm applause!
    Alegis: How did you get here already?
    Aegis: This is my seat!
    Alegis: Wait! How did YOU Get here!
    Aegeri: No one opened the door so I welcomed myself in.
    Aegis: So Aegeri, how's life been treating you?
    Alegis: Hey! I'm asking the questions here!
    Aegeri: But I've been answering your questions the entire time!
    Aegis: Yes I have!
    Alegis: No I haven't!
    Aegeri: Does your paranoia often cause you problems on the set?
    Alegis: Well there was this one time where I mistakenly ...
    Aegis: Oh yeah I remember that! I was preparing my next show and then I thought I overheard Lay Jeno was moving over to my timeslot when ...
    Alegis: Not my memories too! We'll be back after the break! Cut! Cut!! CUT!

Alegis on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I am not creative enough to compete with people who can actually write or draw....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I am not creative enough to compete with people who can actually write or draw....

Let's add talentless to the list then:

Stupid
    Ignorant
    Retarded
    Pathetic
    Idiotic
    Talentless

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Stupid
    Ignorant
    Retarded
    Pathetic
    Idiotic
    Talentless

I didn't know you didn't have any talent either? what a coincidence!

by the by, why did you make a list of personal traits? are you trying to describe how terrible you are? cause I can help if that's what your doing.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Stupid
    Ignorant
    Retarded
    Pathetic
    Idiotic
    Talentless

by the by, why did you make a list of personal traits? are you trying to describe how terrible you are? cause I can help if that's what your doing.

I was describing you, Dunadan

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Stupid
    Ignorant
    Retarded
    Pathetic
    Idiotic
    Talentless

Dunadan!!

We're better off without him.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I wonder if all this tv talk is going to get in the way of bandwagoning.

Now here with a south park joke is a midget wearing a bikini.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I agree with Dunadan and Dunadan.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tonight on Late World with Dr Swear Words...

So there has been a lot of talk about celebrity deaths out there... and i was reading an article on Christopher Reeves... In the article it mentioned he used to love Led Zeppelin.

I guess there is some noted irony, that his favorite song was Stairway to Heaven.

Speaking of recent near death celebrities... Stephen Hawking was in the hospital again recently. Doctors say he is alive and well, but he will probably never walk again.

I heard celebrity support for Haiti has been on the rise. Several noted celebrities have been spotted helping the Haitians out. In fact, just before the earthquake someone spotted Micheal J Fox giving a haitian a handshake....

TUNE IN!!!!

Tonight's Show:

*starts playing piano*

( A Muscled Woman in a bikini comes out and poses ).

They say that hollywood has changed me... ( points to wig ) i dont see it.

I do want to say that from now on i want to be known as Ernie Bell Grand Daddy Long Legs.

Its like a dream to have this show, its quite remarkable. But i have other dreams and aspirations that i want. Hopes and aspirations that i want.

I have a dream of going somewhere off in Rural Montana... and opening an Ethnic Haircare center.

I have a dream that Spanish Television will have subtitles... so i will know what the hell ive been laughing at.

Natali Imbruglia is on the show tonight. Im very excited about that .. shes from Australia... Im always faking an australian accent in bars to impress guys. I will say "i really love living in australia.. its great." Then they will ask what part im from. And i will simply say... Scotland.

Shawn "Poofy" Combs... finally agreed to pay child support for this 3 year old son. Proving that he was in fact.. "His Baby's Diddy".

WELCOME TO LATE WORLD.

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Good evening, and welcome to Friday Night with Daius von Boss! As you may have noticed, it's not Friday or night right now, but don't be alarmed; it's for a very important reason. Throughout this week I will be holding exclusive, revealing interviews with a number of players who have made a name for themselves here in the Critical Failures Phalla community. These revealing, genuine insights will be part of my new feature,

Behind The Phalla

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce my first guest. This formidable fellow, the mechanised mister, this bloke of bolts and screws has such a large personality he needs a his very own universe to keep it in! Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for the Main Character himself,

Gumpy!

daiusversusgumpy.png

Glad you can join me tonight Gumpy.

Well I always make time for my fans and those who would interview me for those fans, as I do not actually have time for them all individually.

There is certainly a lot of you to go around. As is evident, you are quite prolific when it comes to writing Minis.

I like the smaller games best. It allows me to get to know my player base and get used to how they play.

You are well known for the games you host that are part of the "Gumpyverse". Can you explain to me the thought process behind that?

Weeeeeeeeell. It allows me to take my players in a direction that they do not expect. It allows me to create a game where no one player has a pre-knowledge advantage. These are two things I really do enjoy. Phalla should be a game of discovery; Not only to discover those that would do you harm, but to discover the game itself.

You are a great proponent of the idea that Vanillagers should be less prevalent in games. Is it challenging to write games that have such a variety of roles?

I must admit, I have...Let me take a second to count. 6 current minis that lie half done because I did not have an interesting direction to take the roles. So I would say it can be hard, and I know that while some roles have been popular, some have been lacking. The soldier in Rolling Green Hills was my greatest failing.

Do you ever feel that you are a high-priority target for the mafia in many Phalla? As I recall, you often die within the first two days without a guard.

I WILL CRUSH COWARD MEN WHO TARGET ME EARLY GAME! YOU CAN FIND THEM IN THEIR OWN CLUB NOWADAYS...THE BROKEN CLUB! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! But no I do not feel like I get knocked out too early too often. I have it nowhere near as bad as some people have; See Spectrum and Zot. Day 2 was like winning the lottery while riding a lightning bolt for those two.

Ah yes, Too true. You also have a Main in the Pipelines. Any hints on what we can be expecting from that?

Narp. Not happy with the current frame I have, replacing it with a new one. Could go anywhere from here, Time travel is being a bitch.

Haha, I can imagine! Of all the Phalla you have played, which would you list in your top 3?

Gods of Phalla as the crowning glory, Followed by Suikoden. And theeeeeeeeen...Disgaea. Both were great.

Finally, if any theme could be made into a Phalla, what would it be and ideally how would it run?

The World Phalla. So many players as so many countries in a game of politics, economics and red voting. I will run it one day.

Gumpy, it's been a pleasure. I wish you the best of luck in this coming game.

I will meet the hosts of my rival shows and show them the true meaning of...Beaten to death in a dark alley.

Well hopefully I'm last on your list!

Yes. Of course. Quite.

Ladies and Gentleman, sadly that's all we have time for today, but don't forget to tune in tomorrow for a star studded double feature in which I interview both the glovefucker extraordinaire Burnage, and the mysterious, enigmatic simonwolf. And don't forget, if you feel there's a place on this sofa for you, feel free to drop me a line at #mafia in IRC. Goodnight!

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    DrswordsDrswords Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    After Commercial Break:

Any of you guys watch Celebrity Rehab? Yes? Maybe? Well i love that show. Recently Dunadan was on for his "drinking habit." Poor guy, i feel sorry for him. I mean alcoholism is one of those things that is just kinda tragic.
    Also... its weird... but alcoholism is kinda like a disease.. but its a disease you can get yelled at for. I mean you never hear.. "Damnit Otto! You have Lupus!".

Anyways. Any of you like history? Like historical shows... yes no? Any of you awake. COME ON IM DOING A SHOW HERE. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU... This is what i get for being on at 1:30.

Anyways i just was watching Conquering the World and i have to say the director of the show enlightenedbum does a great job. Its like being in history class all over again. Except this time im not sleeping with my teacher. Also im not 8.

Stay tuned... Wayne Brady will be back to explain to us just how much money he paid to Dave Chappelle to become a meme... and then we will have the australian broad sing us a tune or two.

YOU'RE ON LATE WORLD

Drswords on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WhiteWolfWhiteWolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    whitewolfreport.jpg

TONIGHT! We take a look to see if Robos is really worth all the fuss to go to war over.

We look into the efforts of protester EnlightenedBum, although if it was me I'd just shut up and listen to what my country tells me to do.

PLUS special guest Infidel is here to talk about his new book "How I trolled an entire forum". I'll teach him a few things about REAL trolling.

Truthiness? All we got here is PHALLANESS. THIS IS THE WHITE WOLF REPORT.

WhiteWolf on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Tonight on The Midnight Hour:

Darth Vader gives us the real story of his fall to the dark side and a Migo responds to the alarming increase in bad jokes made at its race's expense.

Also, a special mystery guest! Tune in later tonight to see!

And don't forget, after the show, stay tuned for channel PAP news with an important expose on women's health: does allowing Kime to live endanger the life of your loved ones? Shocking answers tonight!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    !Daius for now

Its good to have quality interviews on late night

Its better when I am in them

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It's time for early morning re-runs of The Rawkkin' Hour! What do you mean we haven't been showin' episodes yet?

The topic we'll be discussin' today is the role of networks in this game!

You're part of a network! But wait, you don't need to harm the other networks (unless you're a baddie!), you say? It's true, the villager role PM clearly seen in the OP (and hopefully your inbox as well!) does not entail any of that.

So, why would you even bother to network with others of your network?

Lookin' at the op gives us the answer!
    Kitano wrote: »
    Every night there will be a ratings war. Ratings will naturally decay by a certain percentage, and all influences over them will then take place. The top rated host of each network will be revealed in the narration and be that network's headliner. The bottom rated host of each network will be fired and eliminated from play, so do your best!

You see, workin' with your network as a villager will let you be aware if things have altered who in your network should be eliminated that night. I won't be surprised if the mafia's abilities are solely relatin' to alterin' the mentioned three kills, but we'll have to see tonight if there's other ways of firin' people, I suppose.

Now, it's true that there probly are a lot of abilities that are gonna be influencin' what happens! You don't want all your specials revealin' to each other in some kind of soft network, but by decidin' amongst your network who to eliminate, you can make sure the killin' is not in the hands of the mafia by having your "vigs" vig the guy who want to fire and your "guards" not guard the guy you want to eliminate! Someone in your network has to be fired every night, so choose wisely!

Thinkin' about this, it's seem kinda radical to say, but we have little reason to lie about what network we're in', unless we want to be a selfish villager to evade the "network vote"! That is if you're a standard villager, who knows what neutrals/SKs may wanna do? And mafia may swap around networks to fiddle with things as well! But they'll be sufferin' the price of lost influence!

I will say it now: I am in the network COCK! Don't be revealin' what your abilities are, but if you're in COCK please contact me! I'll set us up a proboards and we should be seein' if baddies are influencin' who gets voted out!

I'm probably gonna die now, but some things need to be said!

Also, I gotta get to votin'! I'll be votin' for my grudge Pi..Pigeonking! You thinkin' you can impersonate me and grudge vote?! I don't think so!

*ERROR. ERROR. AGGRESSION DEFECT DETECTED. REPAIRING*

Cut! Cut! Ok, what the heck's going on? Why isn't Rawkking able to control himself? And what's with the bit at the end?

Oh..uh...he's probably just getting into it too much! I'll talk to him after the break to straighten him out.

...ok. I'll leave it up to you.

...yes. You do that.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Late Night with Rysk

A Rysky Bysnyss Production

"So Ladies and Gentlemen tonight we have a, let's be 100% honest, mediocre show for you. All the big name players have refused to step into my studio, this is true. Yeah, they found that they couldn't accept the Rysk...because my name is Rysk you see."

*Awkward Silence, then somebody coughs*

"Kind of like that joke...Let's get right into it then shall we. A large company with some affiliation to turtles has come on the scene. A very secretive bunch, they want my show to be canceled and to take over or destroy my network. On a hunch I'd like to call out ShadowThomas, they say lightning never strike twice, I'd rather not find out. Also he has Shadow in his name which makes him sketchy."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, with that said since there is a possibility I will be out of a job very soon we should recognize those that are doing a good job like Kime. He gets a lot of grief needlessly, let's give him a round of applause."

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The Malkor Factor Presents: Spotlight - Scandals in TV Land

Bean3.jpg - Good evening ladies and gentleman. Sit back and relax as I bring you the truth about your favorite television personalities. Who's really a girl? Which presenter blindly walks into traps? Who's the worst one of all?! All this and more will be answered on The Malkor Factor. But first a word from our sponsors.
    Neeeeeeeeext week on Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer...
    caveman_lawyer2.jpg - Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever..

Bean3.jpg - Yes, we're back. Our first target.. Uh, victim... Er. Is none other than Plutonium! We asked plutonium if the rumors of his extensive plastic surgery to turn you into the monster you are today?

image.php?u=7960&dateline=1242861369 - I

Bean3.jpg - I... I. I. I. Ay yi yi! So it is true! And to my loyal viewers, we have pictures of him from before he was turned into the man you see before you. I must warn those of you with young children... It's not pretty.
    Seriously I'm warning you!!
    No turning back]
    Why would you want to see this?!
    Pu.gif

Bean3.jpg - GROSS. It seems that this was too real for the network execs. It seems that this concludes my broadcast day. Tune in tomorrow for more The Malkor Factor

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TRL votes, Anon request for Malkor

Really?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Today on Guinea pigs looking at you

a guinea pig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0pF0ehqXYE

Looking at you

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dunadan and Daius.

Late night documentary coming soon...

Burnage on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hard hitting commentary is my schtick!

DON'T YOU TAKE MAH VIEWERS COMMIE!

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Why hello folks, Delphinidaes because and Robos also because .

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Typhus733 wrote: »

I will fucking cut you.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to Croakin'!

Hey everyone, Rend here with Croakin', where we travel the forums in search of the ridiculous.

Exhibit a, a simple sentence. But with the correct punctuation...

Typhus733 wrote: »

I will, fucking, cut you.

...is that what the kids call it nowadays?

Rend on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Whitewolf

Daius

Because i like bears but i don't like the other thing. Also because i have meetings now that will stretch on till forever and oh god i need more free time.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bzzzt

REPAIRS COMPLETE. AGGRESSION LIMITER REMOVED.

Stupid
    Ignorant
    Retarded
    Pathetic
    Idiotic
    Talentless

Dunadan!!

We're better off without him.

You forgot "always wrong".

That's to both of you.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Samurai and Robos

I'm already tired of the youtube videos, and the only interesting thing about TRL was watching Mariah Carey have a nervous breakdown on live tv

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh, what in the fuck people. Do I need to pull out the kitten picture again?

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spectrum 5 get no sympathy from me

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    Spectrum 5 get no sympathy from me

:^: :^: :^:

Just pretend I'm one of them Nielsen families.
    yeah yeah, I'll shut up now. Carry on...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Adventfalls and Notch.

The only time I've encountered spectrum my win condition was to kill them :D.

Winky on
  • Options
    Qualmi-chanQualmi-chan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Adventfalls, for the best threat ever.

And since I have no idea who to vote out, I'll trust my random number generator and say Typhus733

Qualmi-chan on
  • Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

And since I have no idea who to vote out, I'll trust my random number generator and say Typhus733

Which threat? Cutting or kitten? Either way, Notch because I'd watch anything she's in and Winky because I need more drama in my life. Sorry Winks! :winky:

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ringo, prepare for battle.

Delmain on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to the Shadow Hour

with your host: Thomas Shadow

"Welcome to the show everybody!

Before I introduce tonight's guests, let me get something out of the way. REG Rysk is frankly a risk the networks can't take. Oh no, hold your applause...

I'd also like to give shout out to Houn be sure to tune into his show sometime. ....not now obviously.

Now, tonight's guests....."

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    Qualmi-chanQualmi-chan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Demurist wrote: »

Which threat? Cutting or kitten? Either way, Notch because I'd watch anything she's in and Winky because I need more drama in my life. Sorry Winks! :winky:
    The kitten. Definitely. =D

Qualmi-chan on