As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Purchasing Contacts Online?

ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game EverRegistered User regular
edited February 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey good people of H/A,

I'm looking to purchase replacement contacts online. I know my exact perscription, and I know what brands I can use... I just need a supplier. There look to be at least a dozen reputable contact vendors online, all a lot cheaper than going to my optometrist.

So, do any of you out there have some personal experice with buying contacts online? Any particular site you'd reccomend? Since these thigns will be going into my eye, I want to avoid getting knockoffs or something.

Thanks!

8R7BtLw.png
Apogee on

• PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Back when I used to wear them, I ordered from http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/ - until I found a local optician who was actually matching them on price.

Nowadays I wear specs again.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My wife has been buying from justlenses.com for a few years now with no issues and the prices are the lowest we've seen around for the brand she uses. You also might check with your optometrist. Many (at least many of the chain places) will do price matching to an online price, so you get the benefits of cheaper online prices with the bonus of just picking them up straight from your optometrist.

Daenris on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    www.1800contacts.com has always worked well for me.

pricewise, they seem to fall in the middle range. definitely cheaper than getting contacts through an optometrist. their service is really great though, and the contacts are shipped very quickly.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My wife was a big fan of 1800contacts.com before lazik. Incidentally, when she did get lazik, she was able to return her unused contacts (because she got a note from her doc saying she was becoming allergic to a preservative in contacts), and they were surprisingly cool about it. So she was pretty happy with them even at the end.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast