As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

lfg Arizona to Pax

merrymoocowmerrymoocow Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in PAX Archive
well I'm hoping to make it to pax this year I figure either I'll fly or drive. I'd prefer to drive but can't seem to find any major trips being planned from my general area.

merrymoocow on

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Me and RCars2 are going to be taking a van from Phoenix to LA and then join up with the West Coast Train Trip. We don't have much details worked out yet. But if this sounds like something you want to do we got room for like maybe 4 or 5 people.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    that sounds good. I might be bringing my little brother along to if he gets a job this summer. would that be cool?

merrymoocow on
  • Options
    RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Thats cool with me, im bringing the van and we got seating for 7

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Have fun fellow Arizonians.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    k awesome I'll pm u and what not for info if thats kewl.

merrymoocow on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    We drove from tucson once the first year and well not doin that again.

Grath on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So just go to LAX and take the WCTT from there!

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    ctishman wrote: »
    So just go to LAX and take the WCTT from there!

That is the plan.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Is Grath coming?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    Angry WeathermanAngry Weatherman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    i am in arizona

plz send halp

Angry Weatherman on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    i am in arizona

plz send halp

HEEEAAALPP!

When the hell did people from AZ start coming to this board anyway? since we are joing with the WCTT it might be a good idea to check their thread so you can buy tickets for the train and stuff. Too lazy to post a link it is a sticky at the top you can't miss it. Other then that we don't have much worked out.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Bleaargh, been so busy lately i havent been able to post. Merrymoocow, got the pm, sent all the info i have right now. For those interested in going this is what we have planned at the moment to the best of my recolection.

- First we are taking a van to LA and then jumping on the WCTT.
    - Van is a 2001 Chrysler Town and Country (7 passenger with leather seats)
    - We plan on leaving to where we get to LA the night before and hold up in a cheap hotel for a night to get well rested for the next morning.
    - Estimated gas cost should be $200-$250 or so to drive round trip collectively.

Confirmed people so far:

RCars2
    TNTrooper
    Merrymoocow (+1 tenatively)

Now even though we are only able to seat 7 at this time i think it would be awesome if we got more people on board with additional vehicles to make a convoy for a couple reasons. One, cuz more is better, two, in case someone gets behind we have more than one vehicle to help, three, vehicle oopsies suck ass (though i am a competant mechanic i cant rebuild an engine on the spot), four, more carrying space, five, its the west coast train trip dammit.

Now i only have 2 main requests, one if you smell bring deordorant (or else we get to make you a necklace of car pine trees), two dont bring enough crap that we need a uhaul, computers, consoles, and your luggage are cool (and pretty much required for PAX) but keep in mind this is a van.

Beyond that, i think thats where we stand. Any questions ask me or TNTrooper as we seem to be organizing this shindig.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Is Grath coming?

I Just started a new job. Soulfury and I should be ok to go just not entirely sure just yet.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    cool. I'll add you to the WCTT list as tentative.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    IIIIII never said I'd be takin the train.

I checked it out, we can't go on the train trip, takes too long and I don't have the zennies for it.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    erm, the van's only going to LAX, not the entire way up.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    hmmm I might not be able to afford to go to pax anymore seeing as how my car battery decided to burst into flames today and scorch the hell out of my car... seriously I was on my way back from that popsodashop place somebody posted in the alcohol exchange post and it just burst into flames... The engine looks fine because it's on the right side of the car but everything on the left side is burned, melted, or half eaten by acid... gonna find out how much this is gonna cost me tommorrow... How does a battery catch on fire????

merrymoocow on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Electrical fault? Really, I dunno. Personally I'd pick myself up a sweet ride like this and just come to PAX anyhow.

Really, though. PAX is awesome, and I'm sure you'll find a way to come, because it's totally worth it.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ahh shit I am the one that posted that site... Don't worry man we will get you to PAX somehow and we can have a drink and laugh about it. After punching me in the gut or something...

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Man, that sux, dont worry though, we'll get ya to pax. If it takes shelling out some of my own cash to get ya there I'll do it. As for the battery it probably had too much power being drained off it and due to old age and a little engine heat it probably just expanded and fractured thus causing acid spray and fire (had a chevy c-10 do that to me once). Keep me posted though as to what your status is and i'll help where i can

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    where you live merrymoocow?

weird with the battery. definitely musta been old, that could result in quite a few ways it could start a fire. a short ground could have had an issue. was it raining that day by any chance?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    raining

Arizona

No.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    raining

Arizona

No.

Is that when the water falls from the sky?

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, i think thats what the stuff is. That must explain why my SUV was wet this morning.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    And why Wal-mart had people buying candels, batteries, and canned food.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    looks like another storms brewin...

merrymoocow on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    lol I live in arizona and batteries down here decay pretty fast so that could be it. It rained after my car caught fire but it wasn't rainging when or while my car was on fire.

merrymoocow on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    yeah, heat does bad things to battery.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yeah, heat does bad things to battery.

lol yeah like apparently cause it to spontaneously combust.

merrymoocow on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    RCars2 wrote: »
    Yeah, i think thats what the stuff is. That must explain why my SUV was wet this morning.

Close, but not exact. That's called "dew".

:roll: Arizonians :P

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    RCars2 wrote: »

Close, but not exact. That's called "dew".

:roll: Arizonians :P

Dew? Arizona? you must be delusional. Its dryer than sandpaper in this state. This is half the reason I'm looking forward to PAX, humidity. Ok now im probably the delusional one but spending half your life in the midwest and then coming to AZ is not nice. You sweat upon the air instead of it collecting on you.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Anyways more on track here. Next saturday (a week from today) TNTrooper and myself are looking to organize a planning shindig. Anyone who is interested or is looking to attend this AZ pilgrimage is welcome to attend and can pm me or TNTrooper for more details.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hey think I should try to get a job at the popsodashop place? Because I'm looking for work and none of the bars around me are really hiring maybe I could get a day job at the soda place and a night job at a bar around there...

merrymoocow on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That'd be badass, if they're hiring. Hell, you might even get them to come onboard as a sponsor.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    <3<3<3<3<3

Hell yes.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If you did that you would be my idol